Keeping off the pie and the cigs...we'll live until 180!

(500 Posts)
FrantasticO Sat 30-Mar-13 20:55:56

Hey new thread since our old stopping smoking and not gaining-too--much weight has been lost from chat! BOO!!!

I am not a good role model however as I HAVE piled on a stone, well 12 lbs now, since giving up the cigs.
This must be rectified!
Hence joining in the club section!

Donnadoon hope you find this thread.

Everyone else pile in, join and be happy or miserable bastard ex smokers

Donnadoon Wed 17-Apr-13 22:22:09

Hiya Fran
Keep up the good work Welove
Pounded the hill today 'twas great...I got sweaty TMI sorry
Had three meals today, no snacking, nothing after 6
I'm on fire aren't I ? Clothes don't feel any looser yet though?
It's been really windy here, not cold or rainy though.
Sorry about work Fran..sometimes I really miss mine and other times I definitely do not!

FrantasticO Thu 18-Apr-13 08:18:10

Donna please don't miss work, it's vile.
I was in tears last night and am thinking " which bone could I break which would mean I couldn't get to work but could still function for kids"sad
If you know please share!!

That's part of the reason I used to chain smoke at night after a day of STRESS! Glad I haven't puffed though.

Hopefully today will be bettergrin

I'm only 3 days so shouldn't moan...but the workload in 3 days and calls at home. Grrrrr.

You sound angelic pounding and sensible eating, go donna!

Welove how's it going?
Hope ur ok each day is a step in right direction and if you have one don't sweat it get ack on here and start over?

Moans for today over for now anyway sorry guys!

Donnadoon Thu 18-Apr-13 13:16:36

Gawd Fran time for a change of career maybe? I couldn't put myself through that...calls at home ? Nope sorry.
No wonder you smoked...work should be left at work..but hey I know it's not that simple ..bless you flowers
Still on course so far today..it's the weekend ill crumble and eat for England !
Jinxed my weather it rained all morning but has brightened up now
Got soaked on the school run and that was only car to classroom..oh well doing my hair again distracts me from the biscuit tin I guess grin

weloveourfamily Fri 19-Apr-13 10:08:56

Hi havnt had a chance to get on. I did last three days but i caved in yesterday. Im currently reading alan carrs book and hoping that might help. Hope everyone is ok grin

Donnadoon Fri 19-Apr-13 11:52:33

sad Better luck next time welove...In all fairness suceeding at giving up on first attempt is very very rare I thinksmile

weloveourfamily Fri 19-Apr-13 12:13:57

i will do it. i just wasnt prepared for it at all. now to focus on my tummy. I have a wedding in a month and need to lose it smile

FrantasticO Fri 19-Apr-13 16:50:25

Hey welove maybe get married then give up?
Not a healthy view...but one stress at a time would be my view!

Good luck with wedding prep

weloveourfamily Fri 19-Apr-13 18:54:02

Its a friends one. I havnt even started preparing for my own but only got engaged in dec so plenty of time yet. Want to be smoke free before that though. What ill do is finish this book. Get adam fully weaned and give it my best shot.

FrantasticO Fri 19-Apr-13 22:57:17

Hey don't sweat it welove you WILL do it, just maybe not today.

Lovely and sunny here today, what a difference it makes!
Fingers crossed we get at least one more day then that's us had summer!

How are you doing donnadoon?

I'm on a mission this week to lose some belly!

It's Friday no work special room in hell for a few days! grin wine

FrantasticO Sat 20-Apr-13 11:18:07

Hey sun is shining ish and it's the weekend!

Shred done, bikes good to go and we are ready for the off!

Glad I'm not smoking today.

How's you donna?

How's the kids?

FrantasticO Sun 21-Apr-13 08:06:07

Morning!

4 hrs of sunshine that's us had our summer then yesterday then dull and chilly.

Raining again today and forecast for same all week, am thinking of building an ark! grin

Anyhoo (love it) off to exercise then back to do the girls many Sunday organised sports! Don't ha just love the grind of gymnastics, dancing, swimming etc!!!

Hope you are having a nice weekend and haven't been subjected to too much one direction grin

Donnadoon Sun 21-Apr-13 15:28:54

Hiya Fran all good here ta
Had some lovely weather this weekend
Consumed lots of wine with friends last night
Catching up on jobs in he house today trying and failing to persuade DH to put some shelves up for me
Kids are great now thanks, hope yours are too!
Mine do the club malarkey too, mostly in the week though, just ds1 has footy on a Sunday.
I've munched troughed my way through a couple of packets of biscuits this weekend after having a successful week. I blame them for being so god damned delicious bloody shortbread cookie thingy me bobs.

Donnadoon Sun 21-Apr-13 15:30:39

And we'll done you!!
Shredding ? what's that ? Sounds good though
And exercising...You go girl!!

FrantasticO Sun 21-Apr-13 16:58:33

Hi donna (waves)

You sound like you've had a good weekend, long may your good weather continue.

New rule...all nicities have ZERO calories at weekend! Sound good?

Exercise continues!

FrantasticO Mon 22-Apr-13 19:27:00

Hey!

All well here, how's you?

Early night called for...those pesky kids (a la scooby do!) grin

Catch up later.

Donnadoon Mon 22-Apr-13 20:12:13

Hola I've been painting my hall stairs and landing today and I don't like the colour <eek>
Not pigged myself today...and power walked with mutt
So all good..hope alls well with you guys

FrantasticO Tue 23-Apr-13 21:10:08

Hi donnadoon, how's mumsnet s answer to Michelangelo doing?
Hope the painting is going well.

I'm done in...ready to drop, so off to bed.
Think it's the thought of being back and work and still no sunshine BOO!!!

Shred is a DVD that promises fast results, it's quite circuit like.
Sure the results would be faster if I could consistently stop the noshing! Hey ho, always tomorrow!

Only another half stone and I will be back to semi normal if I could stop bloody losing and gaining the same 3lbs I'd be sorted

Speak soon.

Donnadoon Wed 24-Apr-13 07:23:53

Hiya
Michael Angelo ...snort
I am shattered ..painting not finished still don't like colour but repainting not an option ATM
Been going to bed hungry again what I wouldn't give to just pig out in the evening
But looking good this summer is more important to me i guess
Anyhoo tummy feels flatter at this time of the morning
But yay it's all good so I mustn't moan..we all healthy and the sun is shining...Yay!

FrantasticO Wed 24-Apr-13 21:08:12

Hi donna, that's rough that you're not to keen on the colour of your paintwork...maybe it will grow on you?
Otherwise you will need to master an act I have nearly perfected...not noticing things that irk you. Can be applied to many instances - DIY jobs, missing light shades, weeds, need I go on?grin

Then one day you take a brainstorm and run round like a loon demanding the whole house rectify the thing you have been ignoring.
I need to get a life.

I'm back on the saintly path re not being a vulture as well, it's rubbish, could right go a big bit of cake. I too also want to be able to bare a small amount of flesh come the summer.

Still like winter here, though we might get some sunshine at weekend!!!!

Amyhoo catch up later, good luck ignoring all that irks you grin

Donnadoon Thu 25-Apr-13 13:02:43

Hiya
I think we are cut from the same cloth Fran
Diet still going good ... Well this Monday to Thursday diet I've accidentally slipped on to is
Anyhoo so I've just been eating three non mammoth meals a day...that's it ... No snacking and picking in the evenings
And then it all goes to pot at the weekend!
And then I know exactly what you mean about gaining and losing the same few pounds all the time
Joan Collins was right when she said that life for a woman was one big diet...forever...never coming off it !! Eeek !!

FrantasticO Thu 25-Apr-13 21:54:09

Hey donna, sounds like you are doing well.
I sooo know the angel vs devil when it comes to watching what I eat...
We are cut from the same cloth, and it's fabulous and smoke free! grin

Work again tomorrow BOO!
Roll on the weekend, so I can return to a normal person who is not a sgt major commanding the kids from house, to car, to school, to homework,to bed. Feel sorry for them some days and others I think SCHNELL!

Donnadoon Sun 28-Apr-13 21:51:55

Hiya whoa where has the weekend gone? I'm sure it was Friday 5 mins ago !
Finished painting and it looks lovely, the colour has grown on me and I know now why I chose it...all clean and bright again til the handprints and the scratches and the splashes of food and drink and even some funny squirt the dog even seems to do if he gets spooked bless him all arrive again
Anyhoo indulged in too many nice biscuits and cake again this weekend
Must get out of the I deserve a treat mentality again
Back to the gruel tomorrow as I feel a tad chunky this evening
Had a dance with kids and Ooooh I wobbled all over (not a good feeling )
Hope all is well with you guys
Chat tomorrow

FrantasticO Mon 29-Apr-13 18:28:30

I think we may be clones!
I too am feeling the chunk today and wobbling about my business, so not a good look.

I ate and drank way to much at weekend.

Had 3 large glasses of wine, was pissed and had the gloom the next day. Where is the girl who could party all weekend every weekend and be bright and breezy.

Those pesky kids have a lot to answer forgrin

Glad your paintwork turned out well...I could give you a contract for my house as I too have dirty fingered and noses children who muck it up. The dog at least can't be blamed too much!

Anyhoos here's to a lean week.

Speak soon

FrantasticO Tue 30-Apr-13 12:22:44

That is it!
Sun is shining and new bikini bought...eek! Poor unsuspecting public grin

No more pie.

How's you?

FrantasticO Tue 30-Apr-13 12:23:26

Bikini for abroad...
Not for random tasks like shopping here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now