Keeping off the pie and the cigs...we'll live until 180!

(711 Posts)
FrantasticO Sat 30-Mar-13 20:55:56

Hey new thread since our old stopping smoking and not gaining-too--much weight has been lost from chat! BOO!!!

I am not a good role model however as I HAVE piled on a stone, well 12 lbs now, since giving up the cigs.
This must be rectified!
Hence joining in the club section!

Donnadoon hope you find this thread.

Everyone else pile in, join and be happy or miserable bastard ex smokers

FrantasticO Fri 16-Aug-13 18:06:45

Hey! [waves]

Hope you are a happy camper and have had a good break!

All well here, school has started and we have survived the first week grin

How's the bump?

Catch up over the weekend

Donnadoon Fri 16-Aug-13 19:38:26

Hiya I survived..... Just!
It was wet and windy as expected, not too cold though and nice to have a break from the norm
Will be lovely to sleep in my own bed
Glad school settling went ok
We are supposed to be going over to visit my sister and her family 40 miles away tomorrow in her caravan, we've been invited to stay over but I would rather come back to my bed so we' ll see
Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning grin

FrantasticO Sun 18-Aug-13 08:24:38

Morning travelling one!

You must be shattered.

All trundelling along nicely here, got many children's clubs to attend today...don't ya just love it!

Stopped feeding my face yesterday and feeling the benefit, less sluggish today...back to classes tomorrow after a week off, feeling the fear!

Keeping fingers crossed that its dry today as it poured all day yesterday and kids ended up like weasels due to being cooped up.
Hey ho if it rains jackets and wellies going on as they need to get some fresh air!

Got a whole load of one direction stationary from amazon for school, she was pleased. As was i at the price
I know how your a big fan heheh! grin

What's the plans for next week adventurer?
River rapids, hiking the Himalayas, searching for yeti or putting your feet up in between watching your brood?
Take it easy bumpy wink

Donnadoon Sun 18-Aug-13 18:11:01

Ha ha ha you make me Larf !!
I. Am. Exhausted. Beyond belief.
We didn't stay over last night , got home at midnight
I'm normally in bed for seven
Feel like I've been wrung out, everyone keeps telling me how drained I look, yeah thanks guys, stop inviting us places then, let me curl up in my pit of dispair that is the first trimester grin
Ha you say about feeling sluggish, jeez, is there anything slower than a slug that I may describe oneself ?
I look about 5 months gone not 3, none of my usual clothes fit me <sob>
Glad you got some stationairy, I am doing all that this week, mine go back September 4th, so school shoes and what not this week.
I have my dating scan on Tuesday, big shop tomorrow, town for school stuff on weds. No plans. I repeat No plans for next weekend, unless I suddenly get a heavy dose of freak energy from somewhere
Sorry to moan , I'm happy as pig in poo really I am grin
Hope you got the sun today, we did, I did 4 yep 4 cus I was behind, loads of washing today <pats self on back>

FrantasticO Sun 18-Aug-13 21:31:08

Get thee to bed lady and sleep!!!

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead.

Scan on Tuesday, whoop whoop! grin
You must be v excited!

Life's going on as before this end, all good grin

Laters

Donnadoon Tue 20-Aug-13 20:59:45

Hiya had my scan today, only one in there ha ha, all is well thankfully
So pleased I can relax and enjoy now, feeling better each day too
Recovered from our camping, jeez that was ard work
Shopping in town for school stuff tomorrow
Hope all good your end, bet you at classes pumping away, good for you.
I have put on so much weight , not good to diet when pregnant but I've gotta cut back somewhere before I'm waddling like a whale
I'm not even stuffin crisps cakes and sweets, I'm just generally bloated, constipated ( sorry tmi ) and eating too much toast and scotch eggs and carbs in general to stave off nausea
Oh well, must keep sipping the water
Talk later smile

FrantasticO Tue 20-Aug-13 23:01:24

Hi donna whoop whoop on the scan all going well, bet it was a lovely time.

Had thought I'd posted earlier, but didn't work, just to say good luck (sorry)

So pleased for you, who gives a toss about carbs when you feel like the tierdest woman in the world and could hurl for Britain I remember it well!
Do what you have to and get from day to day just now.
Glad your feeling a bit better, the start of feeling good is on it's way grin
Bet you are looking great!

You are one helluva busy woman, always on the go!
Hope shopping trip with the kids for school didn't dement you, I'm still getting over ours and I did most of mine onlinegrin

Still at the classes, must remove the rest of holiday pie fest evidence...well I'm not getting a baby so I've no excuse!

Feet up and WHOOP WHOOP again for seeing your new baby at your scan today.

Catch up later

Donnadoon Thu 22-Aug-13 13:49:55

Hiya alls good here, I've been trying to eat fruit rather than carbs but I'm just not fancying fruit at the moment , when I was pregnant with my daughter last year I craved fruit, so I'm thinking I may be carrying a boy this time, hmmm we will see, I don't mind either way as long as its healthy smile
Survived shopping yesterday, nearly two hours in clarks though shock
All kitted out though, labels ironed on and all put away
Hope alls good with you
Talk laters

FrantasticO Fri 23-Aug-13 18:27:37

Hi donna

How's the bump today, I'm having a mega broody day today ties in with work being super stressful

How's the fruit challenge going? I might join you in the form of grapes--with a couple of glasses of wine tonight-- grin

This week has been all go, school and nursery new starts for the kids is a bit overwhelming for them, so they are shattered tonight!
Other news is I have my inlaws over tomorrow and they, well, kind of tolerate me.
They don't say anything I feel able to challenge but sil and mil raise eyebrows to each other frequently and make frequent digs about parenting, work, house etc

Hey ho!
It will be over soon

Keep well!

Oh and eat, that's an order!

Donnadoon Fri 23-Aug-13 21:42:40

Hiya bumps fine thankyou
Urgh! I haven't got much time for my inlaws , some people are just plain rude, shame you have to have them over and not meet somewhere neutral. We have so many precious friends that I am very intolerant of shoddy treatment from family members my side or DHs, it's took a few years to grow myself a backbone with them though, so we have our ups and downs like most familys
Erm you are going to have to get up diffed ma lady - sooner rather than later please ! You will regret not having one more, do I remember you saying you have three? If so , that's no good IMO, I need even numbers so I'm stopping at six, greedy mare I am grin

FrantasticO Fri 23-Aug-13 22:27:42

Hahahhaha at six!
I soooooo wish!

I know at no 3 are high wheras above is a no go!
Boo!
Six is a great number but you wouLdhave little chance peruading others to give it a go on here"
Part from me and others like me!
I know from our chat that you couldn't get a better mum than donnadoon, so there!
I say good luck and go for it!
My dh says my Intetnet bestie is lovely but needs to stop giving out the procreating hormone!!!!!!

Donnadoon Sat 24-Aug-13 13:48:51

Arf at the procreating hormone, it's what makes the world go round....dontchaknow
The world would be a better place filled with mini donnas and mini frans grin
Tired again this avo <yawn> got friends coming round for a curry tonight
Really need to be in my jimmys by 8pm though, had some busy weekends lately.

Donnadoon Tue 27-Aug-13 20:15:35

Hola
Hope all is well, still midly nauseous here but I can enjoy a coffee again,
Had a lazy weekend at home, it was bank holiday here too
Felt good to get out today as was feeling a bit stagnant at home, stuck in
Bloody Grand Prix Sunday, footy Saturday and Monday , give me more daughters please ! grin

FrantasticO Tue 27-Aug-13 21:51:35

Hola yourself!
Having a bit bother with t'internet, so sporadic use just now.
Pfffft!

Daughters are good...bring on the hormones and pmt and we will be signing a different song.

Rough that your still feeling iffy...good sign that you can stomach a coffee, maybe things will improve in leaps and bounds now.

Back to the grind tomorrow cue screams and horror music

Keep well and keep smiling!
You all sorted for school?
Feels like mine have been back for ages...I'm counting down to next hols!!!grin

Catch up later

FrantasticO Wed 28-Aug-13 21:18:36

Hey how you doing?

Hope the coffee is staying down and other nutrients of course! grin

Not much to report here, still working away, still gyming it and still have a lovely DH who still is adamant on no more babies, heheh!!!

You must be fairly sprouting, I loved my preg belly! only time I loved the belly
I also loved the movement, ah memories!
Is your bump moving about and letting you know a new boss is in town? grin

Take it easy

Donnadoon Wed 28-Aug-13 21:35:53

Hiya, yay you have tinternet!
I'm watching celebrity big brother blush
I am not feeling like death anymore, woohoo!
Yep getting tiny flutters, and a noticeable bump
I'm enjoying being awake past 7 pm grin
Glad all is well with you
How's the holiday stone bet it weren't a stone shrinking?

Donnadoon Fri 30-Aug-13 14:11:08

Awww you have tinternet probs again?
I'm hiding in bed
It's my birthday today, No , please don't say happy birthday, I hate my own, I'm weird, I find it depressing, another year chalked up and crossed off sad sad arse I am , I know, miserable bugger
I shall venture down stairs later, for the kids sake, to have a slice of cake, but seriously getting worse as I get older
I'll be fine tomorrow when it's all over and it's just another normal day without people congratulating me on being another year away from being 21 and another year nearer the knackered yard grin
I know I'm a miserable sod, I'm sorry, I hate my birthday.

FrantasticO Fri 30-Aug-13 19:23:17

Hey lovely lady!
Happy no not your birthday Friday!
flowers

Think of all you have accomplished recently...
Making a new person!
Looking after your brood exceptionally well
Quitting the cigs
AND....keeping me SANE!!!!!

So enjoy your bed if that's what you fancy, eat cake and smile, cos your wonderful!!!!

Now get that swollen head and get some fizzy water lucky you and lots of cake and enjoy!

FrantasticO Fri 30-Aug-13 19:24:03

Oh and an auld codger wouldn't be jumping off wardrobes to get into skinny jeans grin

Donnadoon Fri 30-Aug-13 20:49:30

He ha you av me larfing Fran , thankyou!
Consumed half a box of Nestlé dairy box and a milky coffee
Am snuggled up waiting for big brother to start blush I know, I know
grin

FrantasticO Fri 30-Aug-13 21:03:55

Big brother...really...sooo lowbrow shock

I'm watching it just now!!! Heh heh!

Liking Emma's dress. Who do you want out?

Good for you on the chocolates

Happy Friday again grin

FrantasticO Fri 30-Aug-13 21:05:28

Calcium is good for you and the baby...have another choc, go on, go on, go on! grin

Donnadoon Sat 31-Aug-13 11:28:08

Hiya
Phew it's another day
Liked Emma's dress too, although I do not own a single red item in my wardrobe, not a dress, tshirt, jumper , nothing red because I have a rosy complexion and flush red regular that I end up looking like a giant tomato or summinck
Wasn't arsed who went last night
I'm still figuring out who's who and what they're about
I'm a bit hmmmmm for Lauren and Louis at the moment
Liking Courtney's innocence bless her loved her singing anthem LOL
X factor tonight...woo hoo !!
We are eating out and nipping over to my sisters van/ motor home this arvo, but neeeeeed to be back in time for X factor smile
Ta ra for now smile

FrantasticO Sun 01-Sep-13 18:18:36

Hey donna, how's your Sunday been?

You always sound so busy going here, there and everywhere! grin

Quiet one here, just the usual swimming and athletics clubs etc ect...

My brood are all for watching the X factor, I'm a bore cos I HATE it!
Find it so nerve shatteringly cringey and annoying...though did find Sharon funny, so maybe this year could be different!
My lot try to out sing and dance the contestants another reason why I may never have got into it! They are like cats wailing ( my lot and some of the X factor lot)

Anyhoo, just getting them sorted for school again tomorrow, so off I go,

Yours back to school this week?
Mine are settling back into the routine now, and always have some hilarious story to tell makes me worry what they tell the teachers! grin

Take it easy

Donnadoon Sun 01-Sep-13 19:44:51

Hiya
Had a lazy ish day
Went to see friends 2week old baby today, very cute and new and delicious
My eldest starts college tomorrow...eek <bites nails>
And the others are back Tuesday
I can honestly take or leave the reality shows, we mised X factor last night, weren't back til late, but watched it today
I'm a sucker for Made in Chelsea though, have you watched it before?
That's my fave, DH calls it all trash TV, he watches educational things like Bear Grylls hmm and sport ....rah!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now