NOW, or NEVER, no EXCUSES thread part 4.

(818 Posts)
Tortoise Fri 29-Mar-13 11:02:06

Here we are, thread 4 grin .
Time for me to have a large kick up the arse and lose weight! (After Easter!)grin

artyanklet Mon 14-Apr-14 15:25:35

Oh my goodness! I certainly don't deserve this but I have had a weight loss of 3.2kg!!!! I even got off the scales and re weighed. Am in shock. I was hoping to stay the same as I know that although I have eaten well for meals and during the day time - the evenings have just been plain awful! So that said I have now got to be very very good for the next 2 weeks (as no weigh in next Monday due to it being BH) as this is the lowest I have been for a very long time!

Happy Days gringringrinshock

Hope everyone else has had a good weigh in ............

Zalen, I hope you've had a better week. How are the tic tacs doing? Is it working?

Arty I hope you had a good week.

I had a few days away last week and found it impossible to diet or eat well. The part of the country we went to just had little pubs with non healthy options and I took the view that if I'd had a fried meal I may as well go the whole hog and have a pudding! So I put on 3lbs. I suspect it may have been more but I was quite disciplined over the weekend.

We have visitors today so it'll be one more day of heavy eating! Then it'll be a week of soup and salads.

Does anyone have any plans for Easter? For us it's not really any different to a normal weekend except dh gets two more days off work. I have bought dh and dds about 10 little chocolates (sheep shaped, bugs, bunnies etc) as they prefer those to large eggs. I'm intending to not have any myself. We might go on a few walks or small trips out but other than that it'll be a relaxed Easter. No relatives! smile

Zalen Mon 07-Apr-14 16:30:13

Weighed in this morning, 12st 6.8, up over 3lb on my lowest point, not been a good weekend, I've been on-call and it's been insane, I've been getting barely 4 hours sleep a night and that in small chunks. I've not been eating properly and I've been too tired to care.

This is getting out of control and I need to rein it back in, no on-call for a week after tonight and I need to get things back on track. I've bought a big pack of tic tacs, the plan is to have one of those when I want to eat something. They're 2 cal each so even if I scoff the lot (which I'm trying very hard not to do) that's only 200 calories and should be worth it if they can stop me snacking.

Well done to Johnny and arty and good luck to anyone still to weigh in.

artyanklet Mon 07-Apr-14 15:10:15

I am pleased/relieved as I have stayed the same this week. I have had one of those weeks that when I have been good I have been very very good and when I have been naughty I have been dreadful!

DH is away this week so I must behave, I really don't have any excuses.

Hope everyone else is having a good weigh in.

Enjoy your few days away Johnny

I had my fish and chips but didn't enjoy them that much. They weren't worth the calories sad.

Anyway I am really pleased that I ate healthily on holiday with a couple of snacks and only put on 0.4lbs! We're visiting inlaws up north this week so it'll be harder to not snack.

Hope everyone has a. Good weigh in.

Hello all. A good week so far. At the seaside and so far I have managed to eat really healthily. This morning I had toast and fruit for breakfast and completely avoided the pastries and cooked breakfast option. I actually didn't fancy them so it wasn't a hardship. At some point I will have fish and chips because it has to be done. grin

Hope everyone else is having a good week.

Lol grin

Zalen Tue 01-Apr-14 10:51:58

Ah but Johnny, just think how far down you'd have been without that mouthful of cereal grin

What was I complaining about? Stepped on the scales and I was down 1.3lbs to 131lbs. Totally undeserved so to say I am pleased is an understatement.

So I started march at 131.2lbs and finished down .2lbs!

Zalen, well done on your grading, that's wonderful news. Good luck with eating well while ds1 is at home. Arty, well done, 1.8kgs in a week is brilliant.

I didn't get round to weighing myself today, I ate some leftover cereal from dd2s plate and remembered that a. I don't do that anymore and b. it's weigh in day and I have to do it on an empty stomach and obviously that mouthful of food would make me put on 4lbs not the red wine I consumed over the weekend, or the two puddings I ate, nor the mini eggs or the Mother's Day chocolates!

I need to take control again. I know I can do it. We're going to the seaside for a few days on Wednesday. I am going to try to show restraint!

Zalen Mon 31-Mar-14 15:31:05

Thanks arty, I think I'm getting things under control, we'll have to see how this week goes with DS1 home from University for Easter. There's always a big temptation to get in takeaway's, chinese and pizza, to celebrate when he's home.

Well done on your loss, 1.8kg, that's an excellent loss and well done on turning down the chinese takeaway, let's hope I can do as well over the coming fortnight smile

artyanklet Mon 31-Mar-14 15:17:13

oh no Zalen - hope you are back on track after your well earned celebrations.

I am feeling very pleased with myself - 1.8kg loss, great news after putting on last week (am really pleased now that I turned down a chinese takeaway Saturday night!) Lets hope it continues.....

Hope everyone else is doing well

Zalen Mon 31-Mar-14 08:59:47

Monday morning weigh in, 12st 4.2, that's still 0.4 up on two weeks ago, this isn't going well sad

Zalen Thu 27-Mar-14 15:52:41

Brown belt with a black stripe now and DS2 is on the same, we both passed grading this week, me last night and him on Tuesday. It always puts the pressure on once I know he's passed as I don't want him to get ahead. There's an element of competition in that but also just the fact that I really want us to both get black at the same time. Call me sentimental but I think it would be really cool to grade for our black belts together.

I've not been good today, too many cakes and such to celebrate surviving grading, back on the wagon tomorrow or the new clothes I've started to buy won't be fitting me for very much longer sad

Hello all

I hope you're all having a good week. I'm a bit miserable as I have a cold and it's just been a busy few days. Dd2 has been unwell and both girls are really tired and just need the end of term. After good intentions at the start of the week I did terribly. I ate a lot of cake on Tuesday and then a whole tub of ice cream. I don't know what came over me, I have never done that before. I justified it by thinking 'I have a sore throat'. Anyway today has been better, so far I've had a lovely salad with avocado, beetroot and roasted vegetables so I'm feeling really good. I have no plans for tonight yet so it might just be a mushroom omelette.

Zalen, congratulations, which belt are you now? And well done on the loss, you'll be in the 11s soon. smile

Zalen Tue 25-Mar-14 13:28:59

Hi everyone, not a good weekend diet wise, I was 12st 5.4 this morning that was 2lb down on the day before. I had a very good weekend otherwise though, drove down to London on Friday on a mercy mission carrying orange juice and coco pops to poor, starving student, DS1. Took him out to dinner, took him shopping and we went to the theatre and saw Versailles at the Donmar.

On Sunday I took DS2 to play crazy golf and then we went out to dinner at Pizza Hut as he said he'd never been there, (he has!)

Definitely need to start behaving after Wednesday once grading is complete and I have my new belt smile

artyanklet Mon 24-Mar-14 15:23:42

I did manage to get to the nurse for my weigh in after all - I have put on but I am not going to get too down about it! I put on 1.6kg. I have a normal week this week so fingers crossed I have a good week - I really don't have any excuses.

I'm back. I had a really good week and had lost a lb by Saturday morning. I then ate a lot over the weekend and was 2lb up on Saturday this morning! So 1lb up on last week. Very annoying.

I am now doing a healthy internet food order to try to lose those 2lbs again!

Wishes, that's hald a stone, that's great! You've had your water loss and now every lb you lose is fat. Think of 1\2 lb lard.

Ooh got to go my child is running riot in the ball pool!

artyanklet Mon 24-Mar-14 08:49:23

I have not had a great weekend either! DD3 birthday - so we have had pizza and lots of chocolate cake (I don't normally eat chocolate cake but this weekend I sure did!)

I don't think I can get to my Drs weigh in this afternoon which is a shame as I have missed the last 2 weeks as I have been in London. I have weighed myself on my dodgy scales and its showing a 2lb increase (which I am not surprised about).

I have a pretty uneventful week this week so fingers crossed I get get back on the healthy eating - that really has been lacking in my life these last 2 weeks.

Hope everyone else has a good weight loss.

wishesandchaos Mon 24-Mar-14 08:42:40

Argh! Managed to be good during the week and then had a treat weekend out with family (unplanned treats) so on the basis I ended up at Eds Diner on Saturday and the cinema and KFC yesterday I'm going to have to catch up this week!

I lost 0.5lb this week hmm and feeling a bit disappointed with myself.

Think I'll go out later and buy some low calorie squash or bottled water to encourage me to drink more.

Hope you ladies had a fab weekend!! smile

Well done wishes, I wish I had your willpower. I ate a lot of cake and biscuit at a coffee morning yesterday.

Other than that I've been ok although I've made dds a big Yorkshire pudding for tea and it's going to be an effort not to eat the rest of it. Dd1 burst into tears when she saw it, apparently Yorkshire pudding should only be eaten with sausages ungrateful madam not pork chops and gravy.

Hope everyone else has had a good week and is looking forward to a good weekend.

wishesandchaos Tue 18-Mar-14 22:14:39

I did indeed keep away from the mini cupcakes grin. It's nice to know other people weigh daily too and I'm not the only one who finds it keeps me on track. Cake day at work tomorrow though so not sure how it's going to go confused

Parents evening is always interesting, ds is 'very bright and perfectly capable, but wouldn't it be nice if he could pay attention for more than a minute?' lol!
Glad you had a good parents evening smile

Wishes 6.5 lbs is good. It can be harder at the start but I promise in 2 or 3 weeks your clothes will start to feel looser.

Did you keep away from the mini cupcakes? <daydreams about mini cupcakes>

I have just been to school for parents evening and was surprised to hear dd2 described as laid back, delightful, fun, good at following instructions. It was like hearing about a different child, wish she could be like that at home!

Zalen Mon 17-Mar-14 11:55:18

and wishes, step away from the mini cupcakes grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now