Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

NOW, or NEVER, no EXCUSES thread part 4.

(838 Posts)
Tortoise Fri 29-Mar-13 11:02:06

Here we are, thread 4 grin .
Time for me to have a large kick up the arse and lose weight! (After Easter!)grin

ICBINEG Mon 06-May-13 11:45:53

2lbs on for me...very sad.

But good going Tort!

I just saw some pictures of me from xmas..when I was already feeling really skinny and pleased with myself...and wow do I look chubby in them now!

I think I am just going to transition quietly into trying to stay below 140 lbs....although I really would have liked to hit my target...even just once..over night even.

Icb, I've learnt from you and human that a gain is usually followed by an equivalent loss the next week so try not to be too sad, it might just come off again. It's a shame you didn't make your target and I completely understand why you'd want to, I feel the same. Even though I don't think BMi is that helpful, especially if you are large of norks like me, I still want to go down to BMi 23 to 24 (140 to 145 lbs). You could always maintain for a couple of months and start another diet at a later date to lose the last little bit.

To compare the two of us I am 5 ft 4 and 149 lbs so shorter than you and almost a stone heavier. Most of the time I think I look pretty damn good (and my friends say i do) so I'm sure you look amazing. I still want to go down. My frustration about how long it's taking is that I don't have any clothes that fit but I know that you hate being hungry on a diet.

Human 1600 sounds low, is that because of your wheelchair? My calorie need is quite low too, something like 1750, because of my height (or lack of it). I'm so jealous of tall women who get an extra 500 cals just for being taller.

Yes johnny I'm finding 1400-1600 is about right am trying play around but yup wheelchair as outside I use a powerchair which not burns a lot but not exact science as some days more as do sports
But you ladies burn calories just standing up sitting down which obviously I don't
Don't think I sit on my sofa more than once twice a week as can gurantee sit down then think something need doing so effort transfer

Icb

Think we're around same height ? Maybe maintain a while and see how you feel

I was originally planning 126 -133lbs but I think that be to light and hard to maintain for me

ICBINEG Tue 07-May-13 12:20:08

hmm this doesn't seem to have been a salt bump...although maybe a red meat bump takes longer to....ahem....process.

I certainly have had belly from hell since friday.

Gah I am sorry to be casting a downer...I think I will post some photos of myself so you can tell me how glamorous I look (feel VERY free to lie as necessary) and focus as you say on the 4ish stone gone rather than the last few stubborn pounds...

ICBINEG Tue 07-May-13 20:37:25

Okay I have posted photos...do tell me if you think the dress is wearable...

Yum red meat, I've been eating lots of veggie food recently but your earlier post has made me crave meat. I'm sorry you've not been well, hope you feel better soon.

Your two newer photos look amazing (the older one looks pretty good too but there is a difference). You look like a slim person who has never been fat. And you look slim all over. I have a feeling I look like a naturally fat person who's slimmed down and I think it'll take years (assuming I maintain) to see myself as a normal person. I would love to know what people who meet me for the first time think.

I love the dress, although in the photo it looks more like two pieces. What are your concerns with it?

ICBINEG Tue 07-May-13 21:40:00

Thank you!

I had a realisation while helping DD eat her weekly belgian bun that actually I could probably stop worrying that people were Judging me for eating a sticky bun on account of being a lard arse...because no one would know to look at me that I am still, and always will be, a lard arse by nature.

I am also grudgingly realising that not all slim people are that way by natural inclination....some fraction of them must be people like us who are battling to keep it that way...

Regarding slimming down - I think I was pretty odd looking as I lost weight but it has started to redistribute now that I am (kind of) maintaining....so I would give your body a chance to respond....

Mind you I still have something that looks surprisingly like an extra arse on my tummy due to all the stretched skin...but it is receding...very slowly....

I got interrupted by dd2 and hadn't quite finished.

I was going to say don't worry about casting a downer. We all have bad days and self esteem issues and need somewhere to moan or try to establish what's normal. A couple of my friends have said I don't need to lose any more, my best friend is very unsupportive and dh is crap so this is the only place I have to vent on my bad days.

Yup, think I am a natural lard arse too. I had thought by now I would be able to retrain my body to instinctively make the right choices but I haven't so it's a lifetime of mindful eating. I still find it hard not to eat everything on a plate, even when i'm full?

I too have a saggy, stretchy second arse on my tummy and lovely wrinkled skin and stretch marks, it's most attractive.

Tortoise Tue 07-May-13 22:24:08

Wow ICB you look amazing. Well done smile.
I think the dress looks great.
I really hope i can get to that stage over the next many months!

One thing i keep forgetting to do is take a before photo so i can compare the two one day.

I used to be stick thin until i had Ds1 16 years ago. Since then i've gradually got bigger. sad

ICBINEG Tue 07-May-13 23:31:51

Ooohhh I stupidly had thought my tummy arse was unusual!

johnny I do believe your DH has managed something special on the not noticing front...and I do kinda think it is a sideways complement to you as a whole person! But I hear you on the friends undermining...although mostly with me it is family.

tort I know you are going to make it - coz you are doing it right now!

The dress is one piece but has some frills right on the waist line in he perfect place to cover up any stretchy shaper tights lines. I think it may have been designed by some sort of genius!

Tortoise Wed 08-May-13 13:10:54

Slipping a bit today. Had a twix. And didn't have time to take dogs for a walk.
Waved DD2 off on her school residential this morning. She's back Friday. I will really miss her sad .

Also had bfs DS for an hour as he has chicken pox so off school. Bf had a few bits he needed to do.

Chicken casserole and garlic bread for dinner tonight.
Then I will be strong and eat nothing else! grin

Tortoise you are doing so well. Casserole sounds lovely. I'll be having veggie fajitas tonight with yogurt and a tiny amount of grated cheese.

Weighed myself today (naughty) and was down 2lbs since monday. So 10 st 7.5! I imagine I haven't been that weight for 20 years so I was chuffed. I also measured my bum and that's 38 inches. You were right icb about the weight redistributing in weird ways so I've had a gradual weightloss since about February but inches suddenly coming off.

cookieowner Wed 08-May-13 14:16:08

i think you look really slim in that dress ICB so dont see why you are at all worried!
I lost another 1lb this week so still soooooooo slow progress
Also went away at weekend so probably wont see a loss this weekend again hmm
i really want to get down below 11 stone before my summer holiday but at this rate it isnt going to happen as only 7 weeks and 10 lb to get there

ICBINEG Wed 08-May-13 15:14:33

Nice one Johnny! Welcome to your new size 10-12 arse! (That's not even vanity sizing...that's real sizing smile )

Tortoise Wed 08-May-13 16:08:44

envy of 10-12 arses!
Why am I already sabotaging last week's good result? confused
I was hungry when picked DD up from school. Ended up having salt and vinegar square crisps and a Snickers. So angry with myself.
I must not fuck up again!

Ooh, I have never been a size 10. I do have some size 10 clothes now. Some look ok and others I squeeze into.

Cookie it is slow. A friend of mine is on the Cambridge diet and it's predicted she'll lose3 st in 3 months (it's taken me 7). I was a bit jealous at first but she is a size 8 person who put the weight on through ill health and needs a kick start before she eats normally. I know I moan constantly about how long it's taken but it's probably necessary for me to go through this process, tedious as it is, as I have over eaten since I was a child.

Tortoise were you truly hungry? I would say if you were really hungry (and not eating through habit) it's ok to eat stuff like that occasionally but try to find more healthy alternatives most of the time. And perhaps have a smaller dinner? You're doing so well.

Tortoise Wed 08-May-13 18:48:01

Yes I was hungry but one or the other would have been enough, didn't need both.
Dinner was nice. Probably still too bigger portion though. But was only chicken, onion and vegetables.
Ate more garlic bread than I should have.

Off on walk with dogs in a bit to walk it off!

Tortoise hope you're having a good day. I need to follow your walking example. Both my kids are excellent walkers but lazy mum prefers to sit on her bum.

Think I've been measuring myself in the wrong place as my waist is only 31 inches today. It has been 34 since xmas yet hips and boobs had gone down so I was feeling frustrated as I'd always wanted to go to less than 32 inches on my waist. I am such an idiot, how could i be so wrong for months? Having a mini crisis, don't know if I'm fat or thin! BMi 25.3 so objectively still overweight. Objectively I think I am ok but frightened of finishing the diet so will still aim for 10 stone!

Probably shouldn't have said mini crisis it's really not that dramatic but I am confused and will need to adjust my perception of myself. I never thought I would have this "problem".

Tortoise Thu 09-May-13 12:20:52

Not too bad so far, thanks. I went for a good walk this morning with dogs. Got soaked on the way home!

Had 2 small home made fairy cakes blush
Dinner will be a ready meal. DD has gymnastics.
I'm missing DD2 sad . She will be home tomorrow afternoon. I hope she's had a good time.smile

Tortoise Thu 09-May-13 14:20:48

Arrgghhh! I had BFs DS again this morning for couple of hours. He phones saying back in 15 mins do you want a cake or anything from shops. No thanks I say, I'm trying to be good! He comes back with a big bar of Bubbly choc.
I love that stuff but easily eat the whole bar. I've put it away in the cupboard. Maybe can save it until Monday weigh in if I've done well! Or share it between dc. Although that will be sooo painful blush .

Tortoise Thu 09-May-13 21:39:38

I ate it, all 90g and 480 calories of it sad angry blush

Tortoise Fri 10-May-13 20:59:43

Feels a bit lonely on here, talking to my self sad .
Tonight had McDonalds so I'm going to have to work hard for a loss this week!
DD2 is home grin . She had a fab time.

Glad dd had good time tortoise

Max week this week out Thursday night was out tonight and ekkkk responsibility for setting all school alarms and locking up was all mine and I got keys all weekend ( paranoid about loosing )

Am out tomorrow well tonight for 50th Sunday be eating junk just get through day

Monday will not be good on the scales

Icb

Yup I Fekt like that eating ice cream

Oh and I another with a saggy tummy arse to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now