NOW, or NEVER, no EXCUSES thread part 4.

(838 Posts)
Tortoise Fri 29-Mar-13 11:02:06

Here we are, thread 4 grin .
Time for me to have a large kick up the arse and lose weight! (After Easter!)grin

That's good news cookie. I reluctantly weighed myself last week and was really pleased to have only put on 1 1/2 lb. given that we've lost stones a lb here or there doesn't seem so bad.

Icb I didn't realise you were in the 9s, you're so close to your target, that's brilliant. How will you maintain? I have a few weeks probably months to go and am thinking of 5:2.

Has anyone heard from youcan recently? I hope she is still doing well.

Last week I started buying my summer wardrobe. I bought 5 size 10 t shirts from marks and spencer and to my surprise they all fit! Clearly vanity sizing but a boost to the ego as I have never been a size 10. I also bought 4 pairs of size 10 trousers from eBay and 1 fits! There is muffin top so I won't be wearing them for a few weeks but I am really chuffed. I have no other summer clothes so may end up in jeans 6 days a week for a couple of months!

ICBINEG Wed 24-Apr-13 09:29:06

this whole last two weeks of diet thing is making me crazy...can't stop weighing myself or thinking about food.

9 st 11 exactly now....

went running last night...well I put trainers on and ran a bit then walked mostly...still I think getting the trainers on may have been the hard part.

Badminton tonight then more running tomorrow!

icb even putting your trainers on is an achievement. I joined a jogging group after dd1 and got up to 'jogging' for an hour without a break. That would kill me now. My main advice is to run at the speed you feel comfortable with. I was über slow. Seriously my jogging was so slow I would get overtaken by pensioners. And it really pissed off the rest of the group who had to come back for me. But I thought it was a massive achievement because even at a slow pace or jogging on the spot you're exercising muscles and when I tried to faster I had to give up after ten minutes and walk the rest of the way.

It is hard to not obsess about food. Even after 6 months of dieting i still have to be mindful of everything eat and I would have thought it would be more automatic by now. I am trying to obsess about new clothes and active things I can do with the kids rather than food because I think it's better to think of something positive than negative.

By the way the pensioners I got overtaken by were walking! I was honestly that slow. A bit embarrassing!

ICBINEG Thu 25-Apr-13 09:59:11

I have been given the advice to do the run at a nice comfortable speed (which is quite fast according to my legs) and then walk till you recover then run again....

this apparently you alternate with slower continuous running until the two activities converge on running continuously at a comfortable speed.

I'll let you know if it works - I have my doubts!

Was 9 st 9 and half this morning (scales obsessed as well as food obsessed).

So I broke the 4 st barrier! 2.5 lbs to go....1 week left....

woooooo hooooooo.

Ooh, that's interesting, I'll be interested in how that works. My problem is once I was walking I'd just carry on. We have quite a nice big park near us so I should probably start running again or even walking would be beneficial as it's hilly. I'm not very good at doing any form of exercise on my own but it might be easier now I'm so much thinner and my boobs are smaller.

Well done on even more weight loss that's about 30% of your body gone. I'm hoping to be at a 3st loss next week but I've eaten a Danish pastry and a muffin today so that's not going to happen!

It is difficult to not weigh yourself daily, it requires so much willpower. Hopefully when you reach your target you'll find it easier to just do it once a week.

Hello! Same this week as last week!
I am going to be hardcore at my exercise session tomorrow, lots of punching and kicking.

1lb down so I'm 149.5 - only .4 away from losing 3 stone! And 4lbs away from target!

Yesterday i ordered the shred DVD. Not looking forward to it but I need to do something. Have posh party next month so I have to buy a dress and I want to be better toned.

cookieowner Mon 29-Apr-13 13:44:53

Thats so good johnny well done - 3 stone is amazing!
I have lost another 2lb so back down to 163 ( 11st 9 )and back to what i was before my holiday so pretty happy with that.
I am desperate to lose more now as seem to have been stuck around 2 stone lost for a while due to many weekends away and holidays!
i really need to stick to it to lose another 2 and half stone yet

Tortoise Mon 29-Apr-13 13:54:32

Sneaking back on to thread blush . Been slacking as usual. But holiday is finally booked for 20th July so things need to change some how.

Took dogs on a nearly 2 mile walk this morning after 2 mile school walk.
Another 2 miles walking later to pick dds up then back home.
Hopefully get back out with dogs this evening.

Hope everyone is ok and doing well. smile

ICBINEG Mon 29-Apr-13 15:37:46

I forgot to weigh myself...but am having super shit AF so I might give it a while...

Tortoise Mon 29-Apr-13 19:27:17

AF here too icb.
Been pretty good today.
Having chicken fajitas for dinner, yum smile .

Tortoise Mon 29-Apr-13 20:33:33

Just been on a walk round the field with dogs. I put Endomodo app on my phone. Its 0.50 miles and I did it twice.
Earlier I did 1.81 miles with dogs.
Another 5.46 miles this afternoon walking to school, round town and to the park after school. Then back to get DD2 from after school club smile .
Plus the 2 miles this morning.

That must work out to be around 10 miles of walking today.

If I can do that every day I will be happy.

quick pop in im down 4lb .and back to gluten free

so back to 9.8 am happy at that and shall work on maintaining it

well done all the loosers

ICBINEG Tue 30-Apr-13 13:07:46

gah I am all fucked off with dieting today.

I am scared shitless of putting all this weight back on...

I don't know whether to keep going till I hit the magic 9 st 7. Or to slow down...or how to slow down (given I seem practically stationary already and am still having to go to bed hungry).

Bollocks.

<sorry just need to get that out there...>

Icb

I was and am scared of it to .Am trying look at what i eat .

Can you try increasing protein so not so hungry

and maybe keep eye on weight and if get up towards 10 stone cut back a it .

ICBINEG Tue 30-Apr-13 13:56:47

yes I think protein is the way forward for me...although there may be a better solution than fish sticks...

But I don't want to have to think about food all the f'ing time.

Is that really not an option?

When do I get to have take out again? If my current restricted intake really represents a balance point then the answer is never sad.

Sorry, just having a full on life's not fair childish moaning fest.

I mean what the fuck is wrong with me that I can't just eat and enjoy it without becoming house sized?

Tortoise Wed 01-May-13 10:41:17

ICB Sorry you are struggling. At least you have lost lots of weight. I'm still when I was on thread one blush sad .

Trying hard this week though. Just been out with the dogs. Have new trainers, skechers tone ups, my legs were aching half way round. And so comfy smile

Ooh, I'm with you on fish sticks, that would depress me. I'm sorry you're finding it tough. I fill up on veggies like peppers, courgettes and mushrooms. I'll stuff pasta sauces and casseroles with them. A 2 egg omelette with lots of mushrooms and a side salad keeps me stuffed for hours. Think there's only about 15 cals in 100g of mushrooms. I find tuna filling too but don't particularly like it. I also eat bananas when I'm hungry at night unless dd2 has eaten them first.

I did a weigh in yesterday and had put on a lb. I think I only lost 3lbs in April so it is really slow. Sometimes I feel I'm going to still be on this diet when I'm 80. I have 2 pairs of trousers that don't fall down. Bored that I have worn jeans for about 5 days in a row but I have hairy legs so can't wear a skirt

Need to be more positive, we all look fab and are so much more healthy. As hard as this is I can run around after dd2 and that's why I did it.

Tortoise, that's amazing. I love walking when I get the time.

Ordered my shred DVD on Sunday, it's not yet been delivered but I'm kind of looking forward to the challenge.

Tortoise Wed 01-May-13 13:00:41

Johnny I'm aiming to start Shredding again once I've lost a bit. I know it would kill my dodgy knees at this weight. I do hate the shred though wink .

Really boring but grabbed a slim fast shake for lunch. No way I could drink them daily! Would rather have a frijj milkshake. grin

Hi tort, I was a bit worried about the knees as that's the thing most bad reviews focus on. I don't really like exercising at home anyway as I'd rather have someone telling me if I'm doing it wrong but I have a posh do in 3 weeks and the Shred seems like the 'easiest' way of toning up quickly. That and I've found a new Pilates class that I can probably go to as that seemed to be helping.

Hope you have something nice for dinner. I've never had a slim fast but I presume they've got vitamins and stuff. So probably a healthy choice?

Tortoise Wed 01-May-13 19:47:52

Spoiled today's good eating by eating a pie in town and a crunchie blast ice cream.
Dinner was ham and leek in white sauce topped with mash and cheese.
Sure not very healthy but tasty! grin
I need to keep meals fairly normal for rest of the family. Can't afford to be doing separate meals.

Tortoise Wed 01-May-13 21:47:54

Struggling tonight to keep out of the kitchen.
I've had one fairy cake and a bottle of Budweiser. I've got to stay strong after messing up earlier.
I don't want to fail again sad .

It is hard when you want to eat the same as everyone else. I manage by having teeny portions of the carbs or fatty foods and larger portions of vegetables but that's not to say I don't sometimes eat differently to dc, I can't imagine them eating tomorrow's aubergines that I've got planned. I worry about maintenance (not that I'll ever get to that stage as I'm losing weight so slowly) as I do prepare a lot of food now and it will be hard to sustain forever.

Sorry you're struggling tonight, could you have an early night to take your mind off it?

Tortoise Thu 02-May-13 11:04:32

I survived the night! grin
Johnny I think for me I need to just try and eat less. If it's going to be possible to maintain there's no point in me trying to live off almost nothing.
I've read a couple of Paul McKenna books I do agree that diets don't really work long term.
I think that once I get to the point where losing any more isn't possible then that must be my natural size. I will never be a size 10 again, I know that lol grin .

Done this mornings dog walk and just fixed my bike puncture ready to cycle to gymnastics with DDs later.

Feeling so much more positive. Just need to keep it up. I'm sure the weather is helping too smile .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now