NOW, or NEVER, no EXCUSES thread part 4.

(838 Posts)
Tortoise Fri 29-Mar-13 11:02:06

Here we are, thread 4 grin .
Time for me to have a large kick up the arse and lose weight! (After Easter!)grin

Snap! Bad week for me too. I hope you had a good day today. Mine was very cheese filled!

I'm having knee problems too, although nothing as serious as yours, but I do need physio. It was so hard looking after dds this week, I wanted to be fun mummy but instead I sat and moaned at them. It is hard to eat healthily during holidays anyway but I just ate more and more crap. We had 3 parties so I ate lots of party food and I ate a whole tub of chocolates I'd bought for trick or treaters.

So diet starts again tomorrow. I'm aiming to have at least 5 days of 1200 cals made up of mainly soup and salad, followed by 1500 on saturday. And I really must look at my hairy bikers cookbook too.

Forgot to weigh myself today. Will try to do it tomorrow.

Diet has restarted well, apart from a couple of chocolates which I've added to mfp. Home made pea and mint soup for lunch. Tonight it's veggie fajitas with yogurt instead of sour cream. Dd2 being an absolute nightmare so cooking is difficult. If I don't give her my undivided attention she wets herself or trashes a room. It's so hard to cook. Tomorrow she's at nursery for 3 hours so I'll stick some meat in the slow cooker.

Hope everyone's well. Icb are you still around? I am hoping everything is well with your mum under the circumstances.

artyanklet Mon 04-Nov-13 16:59:15

Oh no Johnny! Hope you get physio sorted quickly!!

Well who would have believed it?!? I lost 1.5 lbs!!! Am in shock as I certainly don't deserve it. Must dash as I am in the middle of cooking Paprika chicken for tea.

Doctor says it'll take 2 to 3 weeks just to get an appointment for physio and that may be a few weeks afterwards. I'm not in as much pain as last week but there's always a niggly ache. It's very frustrating but it could be worse.

Well done for losing 1.5. I can't say I'm surprised, I have learnt that the body does weird things when you're on a diet. You might find that your perception of overeating has changed and your stomach has shrunk. I know that a bad day now is not as bad as a bad day 18 months ago. I am feeling very positive about my diet wondering whether to try to get down to 9st rather than maintain at 9 st 7. I am happy with myself but it would be nicer to be a tiny bit thinner. Of course it took me about 3 months to lose the last half stone so it's unlikely I'd get there before Xmas. I quite like the structure of being on a diet rather than trying to maintain.

Mmm, paprika chicken sounds good.

Well I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 1/2 lb on last week. I am absolutely delighted, I was thinking I might be 2 or 3 up.

cookieowner Thu 07-Nov-13 10:28:19

Weighed today as away at weekend and ive lost 3 pounds ! I didnt lose any last week and was really disappointed so ites great that i can now see a change!
I am now 2/3 of the way to my goal weight , although everyone says i should stop now as lost enough i know i need to be thinner
Johnny you have done so well i hope i weigh what you do very soon !

Well done johnny .outch on knee can you strap it at all ? See if that helps

Arty
Thays fab and yum paprika chicken

Missed last monday as was away for the weekend sunday required a massive cooked breakfast to get over the alcohol

weighed in today as busy tomorrow but down 7lb.so jus
Cookie that's good .hope you have a great weekend away

Missed last weekend as was

Opps my phone not like me this morningblush

GGod luck for Tuesday and op on Thursday arty. Have you got any help lined up

Still waiting for physio appointment but fortunately not in much pain. Would like to do exercise but dr suggested I wait til physio appointment - another excuse to avoid exercise grin.

Cookie, well done. 3lbs is great. People tell me to not lose any more weight but I tend to ignore them. It is difficult to know when to stop but with my final 1/2 stone I'll still have a BMi of 22 so not unhealthily low.

Arty, I hope you're ok and the op goes well.

Human that is amazing. You went away and still lost 7? How close are you to your target?

I didn't weigh myself as I couldn't find the time. Will try tomorrow. That gives me another day to eat healthily before I weigh in. It was a weekend of lots of fried food so today's results would probably have been bad anyway.

Johnny that was over 2 weeks though.no clue how lost as I ate a lot and drunk bit too winkgrin

Im back at my original target weight of 10 stone.Am aiming for 9.7 but will see how it goes am swimming and working out 4/5 days a week .shock I used to use ecery excuse in book when at school

Laughs, I thought it was a big achievement human. I am in such awe of your willpower. I want to lose 7lbs so am giving myself 7 weeks to do it, but I imagine it'll really take twice that. You'll probably do it in 2 weeks! I'm not complaining though, I know I'll get there in the end.

artyanklet Mon 11-Nov-13 16:02:47

Hi guys, thanks for the kind thoughts, I am so nervous about Thursday! I had to my have more blood taken today plus my blood pressure checked as apparently it was too high last Tuesday. Thankfully all fine now!

I have had a good week weight loss wise - another 2 kgs off. Wish I could say the same for sleep! I do think a lot of the weight loss is due to me stressing.

Well done Human and good luck Johnny for tomorrow.

Arty, I hope you managed to get some sleep and are less stressed.

I weighed myself and by some miracle I lost almost 3 so I'm back to 133.2 lbs. I would like to be 126 before xmas and then stop. I'm short which is why 133 doesn't sound like much.

I have lost weight by eating lots of crap and then not having proper meals so today I'm going to eat healthy food again. I think hairy bikers have a veggie burger recipe with chickpeas and kidney beans. All store cupboard ingredients so I will try that and make dh sleep in the spare room.

Well done arty .am impressed you been able to stick to it qhile stressing with Op.Good luck for tomorrow

Woe johnny am impressed with how well you are doing. 126lb not even in my thoughts smile

Veggie burger recipe was surprisingly good considering it was largely made of chickpeas, onions and kidney beans. Dds are having them for tea tonight. I am hoping that by covering them in cheese and ketchup thy won't complain about the bean-ness of them!

Human it's a very surreal feeling, I always thought 11 st was unobtainable and for 8 to be in sight is weird.

Arty, I hope tomorrow goes well.

Good luck Arty

Johnny bekng honest think I would need smother in ketchup

.i admit I am not very good at eating cooked vedge but will eat salad

Well dd1 was fooled by the ketchup and cheese enough to eat the burgers but dd2 turned her nose up at them. She's a fussy eater anyway and won't eat normal burgers either so I wasn't surprised.

Had dinner out with dh on weds for the first time (just the two of us) in ages. Had 3 courses, wine and bread so very stuffed afterwards. I'm hoping by tomorrow it won't have affected my weightloss because I was quite good for the rest of the week.

artyanklet Sun 17-Nov-13 15:52:05

Well I survived! Back home this afternoon, back to the healthy eating tomorrow. Knee v swollen and sore but hopefully its short lived and I will soon see improvements. My DDs are all chuckling at my raised toilet seat and bars around the loo - the meanies! Most of the Nurses were lovely although I did have 2 yesterday that wern't the most compassionate or thoughtful and one of them dropped my leg on to the bed after an hour on the rack of torture (the bending and straightening machine!)

I will be weighing in on my scales for the next few weeks.

I'm glad it went ok and you're back home. I hope dds are all looking after you. I'm impressed you're still intending to diet. If it were me I'd live on takeaways because I'm the only one in the house who can cook.

I've had a good week. I'm eating more healthily again and my knee hurts less so I'm walking and being a bit more active. I have three nights out next week so it'll be a difficult week as far as the diet goes, but fun.

1/2 lb down. So 132.7. It's slightly annoying as I have eaten proper meals and very few snacks. Being positive I noticed by BMi is 22.8 and when I started it was 32.8!

Hope everyone else has a good weigh in.

Zalen Mon 18-Nov-13 16:29:35

Can I join you all, I realised this weekend just gone that 'being good' isn't working for me, I need an actual diet.

I work out quite regularly, a mixed martial arts class 3-4 times a week and even so I've put on about 1.5 stone this year.

I bought a load of slim fast stuff with my normal weekly shop last Friday and instructed my husband that he is not to cook for me from now on. I've started reading from the first thread to try to get myself in the right mindset so will be back when I've caught up completely.

Weighed in this morning at 14 stone 11.

Hello Zalen. I was like you, I used to try to 'be good' but by lunchtime (or sometimes earlier!) I'd be snacking. I think I was in denial about my size but when I hit 13st 9 last year I weighed myself, for the first time in years, and decided I needed to get fitter and lose the weight. So I have been on a low cal diet (1200 to 1500 a day) and am down to 9st 6.7 lb.

Have you started the slim fast yet? I couldn't do a diet like that because i didn't tell dh or anyone I was losing weight, in fact dh didn't notice til I'd lost about 3 st! I hope it's going ok.

Zalen Tue 19-Nov-13 09:08:23

That's it, I try to 'be good' then I go shopping and buy a pack of Mikado or a coffee cake or any number of other things that are really bad for me. I started the slim fast on Saturday but didn't stick to it as well as I should have over the weekend, stuck to it religiously yesterday though and hopefully will do so again today.

I got the slimfast stuff partly because I found myself in that aisle in Sainsburys when I was shopping and also because I think I need something that tells me what to eat, not something that relies on me making the right choices. I'm not great with choices. I'm not sure if I'll stick with it long, I don't imagine it's the healthiest thing long term but if it gives me a head start then maybe seeing my weight start to go down will be enough to motivate me to stick to something else after.

artyanklet Tue 19-Nov-13 09:25:53

Well I weighed myself yesterday on my scales and I am up by 5lbs!! sad I am hoping a lot of that is due to the swelling around my knee although I do know I ate whatever was put in front of me whilst in hospital and didn't really think of the calorie count while in there. My knee is still pretty massive and its now turning all the colours of the rainbow. I am fed up as I can't do as much as I want to and I am very limited to carrying things as I have 2 sticks! Grr... I so desp want to bend my knee and sit on my comfy sofa's but I really am unable to. I have my 1st physio this afternoon, wonder what torture they will share with me today.

Hope everyone else is okay and hi to Zalen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now