NOW, or NEVER, no EXCUSES thread part 4.

(838 Posts)
Tortoise Fri 29-Mar-13 11:02:06

Here we are, thread 4 grin .
Time for me to have a large kick up the arse and lose weight! (After Easter!)grin

artyanklet Mon 14-Oct-13 22:44:31

I eat a banana and an apple as part of my lunch so I don't think I should have too many.

Everyone enjoyed the chilli, it was from Hairy Dieters but didn't use wine as I didn't have any.

I love my evening classes, I go to 3 a month, 2 of them are making cards (that's my passion at home) and now my patchwork - well its actually a sewing group and our first project is a patchwork cushion. It took me almost 3 hrs to cut material out and arrange it to how I wanted it. Unfortunately I didn't get time to sew any so I think I may have a go tomorrow evening (at least that will take my mind off being hungry!)

Right I am off to bed, so far good day on the food front - lets hope tomorrow is too! PS I have had 2 big glasses of water this afternoon

Arty hope your food diary is going ok, are you weighing portions? It's the most depressing thing when you learn how small big a portion is.

Sitting here waiting for a visit from dm and dbro. I have bought the teensiest of chockie cakes as they always send me into a mad binge of overeating and I want there to be some limits. Both have spent 30 years criticising my appearance but because I ignore it they now criticise how I bring up my children instead!

artyanklet Wed 16-Oct-13 19:37:20

Good luck with the visit from your Mum, I seem to get unhelpful comments from my Mil, she thinks she is being kind but at times very rude! She was the one at DD2 birthday told me not to lose too much weight - which totally flabbergasted me as she has been on at me (and DSIL) to lose weight!

My food diary is going okay - pretty standard at the moment - M, Tues and Wed breakfast and lunch are all the same. Special K (very small bowl) and skimmed 1st thing, then at 12 I have a small pot of salad, 2 slices of ham and a drizzle of salad cream. A danone yoghurt, 1 apple and 1 banana. teas - monday - chilli and rice(30g uncooked) I dont know how much chilli I had but I do know it wasn't a huge portion as I was starving an hr after tea. Tuesday tea was mushroom omelette (2 eggs). Tonight I had a small chicken breast, ratatouille and rice (30g uncooked).
I am trying to measure food portions but at times its really difficult.

I did have a sneaky weigh in this morning and still weigh the bloomin' same! Am getting a little frustrated, but at the same time I do not want to give in to temptation! Dh is away from tomorrow for 10 days, fingers crossed when he gets back I should have shifted a few pounds, if not from healthy eating but running around after 3 stroppy teenage daughters! lol

Well done on the losses4lb down for me

arty

I find need drink more to as belief is it hdkps the fat pass out the body (im aiming for least 2 litres a day and cheat buy 2 little bottles from tescos

Johnny

Ignore bloody lot of them seems they not happy unless making someone else happy instead of being ptoud at all your hard work

Pst as for swimming Remrmber mine are older than than most so easier in time(housework well I ignore )
But have goal of equivalent of seimmubg Engkush channel over next 3 months(aporox 104 lengths a week

artyanklet Thu 17-Oct-13 18:22:32

Wow!! I am impressed Human - swimming the channel is a massive personal achievement! I am quite close to the sea and have a friend whose Uncle helps people swim the channel (he is the one in the boat!!)

Can I ask Human what do you eat - 4lb in a week (lol, so that's where my weight loss has gone!! wink)

I am having a major cook this evening and tomorrow afternoon, have been out shopping and have bought enough meat to make 7 main meals and a soup. I am going to freeze them after I have made them and get out a portion daily. I am so determined to lose some weight - its so frustrating!

Oh and I got my appointment through for the Consultant to see my knee on Monday. I hope I get some answers.

Hope everyone is losing - and me too!

Thanks for the support guys, they weren't too critical of me however I racked up about 800 cals of cake and crisps just listening to their conversation in which they were hideously racist and bigoted. They hate everyone sad.

Arty, you are doing so well keeping up the diet after two weeks without a loss. I have had a few weeks where I stayed the same too for no obvious reason but I didn't give up and I lost again. I do think it helps if you go a bit crazy every so often and confuse the body. Whenever I've had a binge and started the diet again I usually lose loads.

It must be difficult being hungry an hour after you've eaten. I'm sure it took me about 3 months to not feel hungry. I think my body has retrained itself now and I don't feel as hungry.

Do you think it would help if you had your banana after dinner rather than lunch? Feel free to ignore this it's just I find it hard to go to bed hungry but can cope more during the day with hunger.

Human 4lbs is incredible!

artyanklet Sun 20-Oct-13 18:02:20

Fingers crossed to everyone for a weight loss. If I haven't lost tomorrow then something must be very wrong!

Good luck everyone. Arty I really hope you get some good results, you certainly deserve it.

I lost a lb which I didn't expect because I ate quite a lot at a child's party on Saturday. I had one chocolate biscuit after another and got home and thought sod it and sat next to freezer eating ice cream with a spoon. I am hoping I have got it out of my system.

S I now weigh 133lbs which is my target weight. A bit scared as I am so used to dieting I don't know how to stop. I have kind of got used to my routine. I think I'll try to go up to 1500 cals a day and see what happens.

artyanklet Mon 21-Oct-13 16:07:06

Brill news reaching your target! I have no idea what you do now but wow well done.

I have some fantastic news too! I am so pleased to say that I have lost 7lb this week! 7lb!! I am in shock, thrilled to bits obviously but 7lb!!! Obviously I know that not losing weight for the last 2 weeks has helped but at the moment I am walking round the house with a great big cheesy grin and no one to share it with as DH is away in China till the weekend and my eldest DD is at work!

Off to see my consultant later about my knee - blooming typical its not hurting too much today although I know that can change in a moment.

artyanklet Tue 22-Oct-13 16:32:22

Not so great news on my knee front! I need to have a part knee replacement, Consultant X rayed it and said that it is now bone on bone and he wasn't surprised that I was in pain. So 14 November I am in to have it done, scary thing is he has said I will need 3 months off work - I will go stir crazy! sad

Great news on the 7lb loss, i guess it was just a plateau and you need to keep doing what you're doing. I find my weight stabilises for weeks and then jumps down, I think it's normal. I can't imagine losing 7lbs in one go, that's amazing.

Ouch. <winces at thought of knee> that sounds awful. 3 months off work sounds bad too, I know what you mean about stir crazy, I was housebound last year for two months and it was awful. I am imagining that your dh and 3 teenagers will help out or am I just a naive mother of small children wrongly who thinks things will get easier?

Had a rubbish day today. Newly potty trained dd2 has had diarrhoea. She has managed to make it to the toilet or potty each time but <considers how best to phrase this> there has been a lot of cleaning up.

Arty not swimming as such in actual channel but in pool over time

wow 7lb of go arty but bugger on knee but weight you lost hopefully help recovery yup I go syir crazy to

Johnny hope Dd feeling bettrr soon

Another 4lb of for me on Monday am struggling get back in habit of drinking water

Oh and weight need come of as me and ds2 are going to Russia next year (August time )

artyanklet Sat 26-Oct-13 10:43:34

Human - another 4lb! Wish I could lose like that each week. Keep up with the swimming, that is one thing that I am looking forward to do when I am recovered from my knee. I did think you a little mad swimming the channel (in winter!!) What a donut I am! I don't live that far away from where they do the channel swimming.

I am feeling really down at the moment, I literally have nothing to wear - I put a pair of trousers on that I bought at Easter, oh my, they literally drowned me. The trousers that I bought 3 or so weeks ago are a little loose around the so not too bad but my hips and thighs are just lost in all the material. I really didn't want to keep buying clothes but its getting silly now - so this afternoon I am off with £50 to see what I can get. Probably a couple of prs of leggings and a long top.

artyanklet Sat 26-Oct-13 10:46:03

* The trousers that I bought 3 or so weeks ago are a little loose around the waist

artyanklet Sat 26-Oct-13 20:20:40

Good shopping trip - 2 pairs of leggings, a dress, 2 nighties (for when I go into hospital thought they would be better than PJs), slippers, tights and my lovely friend who came with me bought me 2 necklaces to accessorise my dress as I have never been interested in accessories before!

Great feeling to have clothes to wear that actually fit smile

Human what a good loss, you'll soon be back to your target.

Arty, I hope you're feeling better now you've been shopping, I was a bit frustrated this summer at having no clothes to wear too. I still don't really but I have so many more shops and styles to choose from it's going to take time to build a new wardrobe. I used to live in sensible, flattering black dresses, but now I have jeggings, maxi dresses and even a puffer jacket, things I would've felt too big to wear before.

Having a really bad week. Thought I might gradually increase my calorie intake but I have been out of control since thursday. We had people over yesterday so I had more food and drink in the house than normal and I ate it all on Thursday night and had to go shopping to buy it again! So I am stuffed with chocolates(two boxes), biscuits (one whole packet), two packets of kettle chips and lots of bread and cheese on top of my normal meals. And tonight, even though I wasn't hungry, I pretty much finished eating the leftovers and now have a tummy ache.

Think I'll avoid weigh in on Monday and got back to 1200 cals for a few days.

I couldn't resist weigh in. Up 3lbs.

I don't mind my weight fluctuating, I expect that's normal, but I'm cross with myself for eating food I didn't want or like. Will cut back this week and hopefully it'll go quickly.

Hope everyone else has a good weigh day.

artyanklet Mon 28-Oct-13 18:16:25

What a surprise - I stayed the same (am secretly relieved as I was worried last week was a fluke plus since DH has been back we have been consuming alcohol and I am off work this week too) Food wise though I have been really good but have noticed that I have had more bread this last week so will watch out for that during this next week.

I get cross with myself if I eat something that I don't really want or need, thankfully I am not a great chocolate eater and have not eaten any since I started this healthy eating in June. I do need to be better on the alcohol front especially at the end of November I am away with 12 girlfriends in a lovely hotel where we eat,drink and create (obviously knee depending but as its all paid for and its not cheap I am hoping to go!)

Well done Johnny and on reaching target and think we all blow out once in a while. How is Dd

Arty glad you rnjoyed the shopping its always s good boost
As for weekend ling as knee ok go enjoy
3lb off this week for me.

Next week won't be good as its half term no pool time and im away next weekend for friends wedding minus the childten that's been about 5 years Since had break I will not be dieting

cookieowner Tue 29-Oct-13 15:21:55

some of you seem to be losing a lot each week i only lose 1lb a week on average, and never as much as 4lb or 7lb!
I am now 10st 10 and half so half a pound from my 3 stone loss
I am exercising on the wii now 30 minutes a day and am hoping that will help but i never lose as much as some of you seem to each week!

Cookie, you're not the only one who loses in small amounts, I have had weeks where I've just lost 0.2 lb. I'm so grateful for electronic scales that show me a drop no matter how small! 10 st 10 is amazing, you must be really chuffed to be in the 10s. For me, my normal BMI was 10st 5, so it was a huge achievement.

Human I'm jealous of you, the only break I've had from dd1 in 5 years is when I stayed in hospital to have dd2! Have a good time.

Arty, I'm not surprised you let your hair down a bit after two weeks intensive dieting. If you think about your losses you managed 7lbs in 3 weeks which is amazing.

Well not great eating from me. I'll be lucky not to put on weight again unless I really reign it in for the last 4 days which isn't likely as it's half-term. I'm taking dds out all the time and it's just so easy to eat crap. Today I managed a bacon sandwich, chips and pizza. I am going to try to be sensible for the rest of the week but I will undoubtably buy a big box of sweets for trick or treaters which I'll eat when we don't get any! I also have 3 childrens parties between now and Sunday so it'll be hard not to have a piece or 3 of cake.

artyanklet Sun 03-Nov-13 11:34:03

I am dreading tomorrows weigh in - have had a really bad week. Back on the straight and narrow today. I guess its a culmination of things, DH back from being away for 10 days, being off work this week, DH being very grumpy as he was v jet lagged plus he was off too, stress of my impending knee operation ( I have the pre assessment on Tuesday so will find out more info). Can't believe I have struggled so much this week - even my inner voice was quiet - grrr!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now