Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

NOW, or NEVER, no EXCUSES thread part 4.

(838 Posts)
Tortoise Fri 29-Mar-13 11:02:06

Here we are, thread 4 grin .
Time for me to have a large kick up the arse and lose weight! (After Easter!)grin

artyanklet Fri 27-Sep-13 19:22:19

Wow a size 8!!! You really are spurring me on, I started my healthy eating a size 22, my last pair of trousers that I bought were a 20, but they are already starting to look too big on me shock grin. I was looking around the charity shops this afternoon, have never bothered to shop in there for me before as not normally much in the larger size, was amazed at how many clothes that in a couple of weeks, if I continue how I am doing now I will fit in them. Although I have to say I was quite surprised at how much things cost in the charity shops. One shop was asking £10 for a cardi!! (It was nice thou).

I so hope you can still fit in that skirt come Monday - if it were me I would be wearing it inside out so everyone can see that its a size 8!!

Well I wouldn't say it's a proper size 8 as white stuff have generous sizes but it has given me a boost, especially as my weight loss has been slow since about June. Congratulations on almost dropping another size. It won't be long til you're a 16.

Do you wear many dresses? I have found that they seem to be best value for dieting as all my trousers got too big too quickly yet I have a size 16 jumper dress that I have been wearing with leggings and I only decided last week that it was so big it looked stupid. I think you can look ok in baggy dresses but big trousers and skirts look silly and feel uncomfortable. I bought loads of clothes from eBay, including a couple of m and s linen trousers that were brand new for £6. I think some retailers sell extra stock on and snip the labels out. Boden also have an eBay outlet store but it still has some quite expensive stuff if you're not planning to need it for long. M and s also have an outlet store you can reach from their main website with some good bargains in.

artyanklet Sat 28-Sep-13 15:36:34

Funny you should mention dresses as I was thinking about them yesterday and wondered what they would look like, may have to go shopping next week! I probably have not worn a dress since my wedding day (21 years ago!!) Not sure what I would wear on my feet though as I normally wear short low heeled ankle boots.

I am living in low heeled knee length boots at the moment. I bought them last year and they were snug on my legs and this year I can fit my jeggings under them!

As expected my extreme weight loss didn't last and I am back up to 136.9 - having said that I weighed with clothes on this morning so I'm probably slightly less. A bit frustrated as I ate well and there's no reason for it. I only lost .5lbs in the whole of September. Maybe I'll never reach my target? I was thinking of maintaining but I quite like the discipline of counting cals now!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

cookieowner Mon 30-Sep-13 15:51:54

Hi all im still going ! I am now down to 11stone so really hoping to get into the 10 stones next week at weigh in !
i started near enough a year ago and so far have lost 2 stone 10 lost
I havent lost much at all over the past few months compared to most of you due to several holidays tbh!
So now am prepared to work extra hard to get a stone off by Christmas at least i hope to!

artyanklet Mon 30-Sep-13 16:07:51

Well done Cookie.

May be it was your clothes Johnny - when you take them off tonight, weigh them and see how much they weigh.

I had my weigh in today and I have lost another 1.5 kg taking my total to 13.5kg. I am so pleased I am almost dancing around the room.

I measured myself and still can't see where the weight loss is as my measurements seem to be all over the place, obviously I am as my clothes are definitely looking a bit big on me!

Slinks back in can I rejoin please.

Have somehow put on over a stoneok 2 stone but kjow why as overate a lot and no working out

Time for reboot both in diet and exercise have new hobby and wetsuits are not forgiving. Need loose 2 stone plus like loose extra extra one

Hi human great to see you. In the general scheme of things 2 st is very doable. Did you have a nice holiday?

Cookie well done, I will be keeping my fingers crossed it's a 10.

Arty, well done, that's another big loss.

Well I had a bad week, I ate lots of crap but I suppose I must've skipped normal meals because I'm down 2lbs today. It's weird, I was too lazy to record in mfp and I had a cold, so I ate scones (made with dd1) and pizza and other lots of haribos. Today I start back on the healthy eating.

Hi, I wrote that in a hurry and spent the morning worrying that 'doable' might be interpreted as 'easy' and might seem a little rude or dismissive. Sorry I was trying to say that you lost 10 before and while it won't be easy I'm sure you'll be completely committed and lose it again.

cookieowner Mon 07-Oct-13 12:36:23

Hi
Did you have a great holiday human?
Well i weighed in at 10st 12 so am pretty happy with that and just 2 lbs off my 3 stone lost mark!
i am now wearing a size 12 trousers so thats made me happy too , just hope i can keep it up and get down the other 2 stone now !
It is so hard when i m away so many weekends though
Keep at it everyone

Well done Cookieowner, you must be really chuffed with being in the 10s.

artyanklet Mon 07-Oct-13 20:03:05

Well done everyone - I am a bit down in the dumps, although I feel I have lost weight, according to the scales I have put on 0.2kg. The only thing I did different this last week was eat more bread and even though I was strict in counting calories etc so never went over I guess that bread does not really agree with me! sad (which is a real shame as I love bread, especially bagels!) ho hum.
DH is working late this week so I should be able to have decent healthy meals for me and the girls and not watch him longingly much through the evening.

New recipes tried and tested out of the hairy dieters cook book - Chicken provencal, beef and ale casserole and I used the skinny lasagne bolognaise to make spag bol. All delicious but DD's all agreed if I made the provencal again could I grate the courgette rather than chop it.

Yup fantastic holiday ate far to much to but lot of fun was had

Johnny its fine I looked at it same way anf thought well time get onto it while smaller amount rather than than what was befoream 5/2 it rather than previous diet but avoiding gluten when can . Also back on fitness side with seimming and yoga

Well done johnny and cookie on weight loss

Arty. Bread is big thing for me have seitched back to hluten free as makes a differancr

That's annoying, it's terrible to put on weight when you've been eating healthily. Perhaps it's due to period or a bowel movement needed? (tmi but I have a habit of needing the toilet at 10 on a Monday and I always wonder if I'd be lighter if I weighed myself later but by then I'm dressed and have had breakfast).

Good luck this week, I'm jealous, I have barely opened my cookbook and it all looks so lovely. Dd2 is giving up her nap and I used to prepare dinner, chop veg etc after lunch every day while she napped so I never seem to cook anymore. If I start to cook then she starts drawing on walls or wets herself because she wants more attention!

artyanklet Tue 08-Oct-13 21:10:14

I am annoyed at putting that 0.2kg - fair enough if I had been naughty but I haven't. Lets hope next week is a loss.

Went back and saw the GP today about my knee and he is going to refer me back to the Consultant and inform him that I have seen the dietician and how much weight I have lost. Fingers crossed I get the appointment soon but I shall not give in and I will plod on.

Even the caretaker where I work noticed that I had lost weight - bless him! Part of me was thrilled while the other part was a tad embarrassed confused blush

Oh well here's to the next 7 days - lets hope for us all to lose!

I I can't wear dresses with sitting as I very much have a mummy tummy

Artyi found my shoulders improved pain wise as lost weight.(wheelchair user )as not pushing so much weight around

have been swimming 4 days this week . was hoping for 5 but have meeting this morning and find far to busy once svhools out. But pleased how mych my stamina improved

Hello. Hope you're all well and still plodding on. My diet week started badly as dd2 wanted to bake cakes with me. As mfp doesn't have a raw cake mix section I managed to be under calories on tuesday grin. Since then I've eaten really well. Last night i found time to make a cottage pie and today I'll have leftovers. Lunch is going to be a mushroom omelette. I went through a phase of eating about four omelettes a week and got really bored with them but today is the first in a month so I'm looking forward to it. I've also discovered tinned artichoke hearts and will add some of them.

Arty, I hope you're having a good week and not too disheartened by Monday. When I look at the chart of my weight loss over the last year, it frequently plateaus or increases slightly then suddenly does a 2lb drop for no reason. So let's hope that you get good news on Monday.

I did a midweek weigh today and was down to 134 so only 1lb away from target. I am feeling so motivated at the moment that last night i tried on some of my old exercise clothes with a view to taking up the gym again. In the past I would decide to exercise and buy new clothes and trainers. It never lasted so I have a wardrobe full of never worn exercise gear including about 3 pairs of reebok trainers from the 90s that look brand new! I don't even know if reeboks still exist. Anyway, my exercise clothes are all baggy and look really crap. I'm loathe to throw money at a new regime that won't last but I am seriously considering buying proper tight gym clothes so if dds are cooperative I might go to the sports shop after school.

Human I am very impressed you managed swimming four times a week and with four children. I really have no excuse not to do something at least twice a week.

artyanklet Fri 11-Oct-13 13:00:58

Thanks Johnny and Human, I am really struggling this week although I have not yet gone over my calorie in take but it is getting harder by the hr!!!

I really don't feel in the zone this week, my knee is really playing up and that's getting me down, when I last saw the Consultant (before I started losing weight) he did advise me to lose it as my knee will improve - well to be blunt it has got worse rather than better and I am struggling. Oh and to top it off I think I have another sinus infection brewing!

Well done Human for swimming 4 times this week, I did a lot during the summer hols and really enjoy it but if I catch the direction of the water/knee it really hurts.

Johnny 1lb off target - amazing!

Am feeling in a right grumpy mood, glad I am off work this afternoon, off to buy some material to make my 1st patch work cushion.

Onwards and upwards or should that be downwards!

I'm so sorry to hear that you're finding it hard but well done for not succumbing. Is there a non food treat you can give yourself? Like a long bath? Or manicure? I still find evenings most difficult so sit in the bath with a book and a face pack on or hair treatment quite a lot.

My main problem at the moment is that I'm bored with meal planning and living off tuna jacket potatoes and tuna salads because it's easy. I can't really complain, it's just for a few months, when I increase dd2s hours at preschool next year I'll have more time for shopping and cooking.

Went to a sports shop. They're such horrible, smelly places. Anyway I spent a small fortune on a shock absorber bra with two hooks at the back so you'd need to be an octopus to put it on, somehow I managed. Sports clothes manufacturers definitely do not do vanity sizing so I am trying not to be upset at getting into size 12s. Smaller trousers gave an anatomical detail only rivalled by the prancercise lady

m.youtube.com/watch?v=o-50GjySwew

I ended up buying cheap trousers in sainsburys aimed at giraffes. Sports clothes manufacturers do not seem to think women less than 5 ft 8 do exercise. I'd better not take up running in them.

artyanklet Fri 11-Oct-13 21:14:59

Well I did treat myself tonight for a take away - could have been worse (I think) DDs all wanted kebab so I chose chicken on a skewer, pitta and a salad. It is being washed down with a few ciders. Maybe its what I needed as I was getting so bogged down, it was nice but to be honest I haven't missed take away food and if I had remembered to get the chicken out of the freezer this morning I would definitely cooked and not succumbed!

Oh well will find out Monday!

chicken kebab sounds yum, and like the most healthy takeaway option.

I hope you had good weekends. I had lunch with a friend on Saturday and there were chips, lots of chips. I am fairly happy that I lost .4lbs last week so down to 134.3lbs. I've put on a tiny bit since Friday but I expected it as I went out a lot at the weekend and may have had a piece of cake too.

artyanklet Mon 14-Oct-13 16:22:14

Johnny I did enjoy it! Back on the straight and narrow again! Have just made a chilli for tea, had a little taste of it and its a bit hot - oops....

Well I had my weigh in and I have remained exactly the same - am quite surprised by it as I thought may have lost a lb. Had a chat with the Nurse and we have come to the conclusion that I do not drink enough water (so I am upping that as I type!) oh and she said that may be my portions are too big hmm, I said that is hard to believe as most days I am starving an hour after meals. So I am going to do a food diary and take it with me next Monday.

Hope all is well, am off to learn how to patchwork tonight, am so excited smile

That's annoying but you seem quite calm about it. It's easy to reach for the cakes when you stay the same.

The water's probably a good idea, they do say that we're thirsty a lot of the time when we think we're hungry. I find it hard to drink water, it's so boring.

I have reduced carbs because when I weighed them I felt that carbs like bread and pasta just weren't filling for the amount of calories. So I eat tonnes of vegetables, I add mushrooms, peppers and courgettes to everything. I think there's something ridiculous like 30 cals in a whole aubergine so I sometimes stuff one with fried onions, aubergine cubes, tomatoes, parsley and small amounts of feta cheese and sultanas. The problem is dds won't eat it so it's extra work. I probably should look up aubergine recipes to see if there are any that kids will eat (not likely).

I also find apples and bananas quite filling so will often have one if I get the munchies just before bed.

Patchwork sounds interesting, I was looking up evening classes today but the only ones that sounded appealing were cake decorating and sugarcraft!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now