NOW, or NEVER, no EXCUSES thread part 4.

(838 Posts)
Tortoise Fri 29-Mar-13 11:02:06

Here we are, thread 4 grin .
Time for me to have a large kick up the arse and lose weight! (After Easter!)grin

Ok despite eating crap 4 days this week I'm down a 1lb ( but think this gown to intense training for next Weekend ) but back to being good as found the junk made me feel learthgic and bloated am eating lot more calories but back to protein based and gluten free

Shall have good week then 5 days of after but will aim keep it reasonable

Weigh in day. I have put on about 2 lbs but i don't care because i am still in the 10s! 153.7!

Had a roast dinner yesterday followed by two plates of fruit crumble and custard and three very rich truffles. I ate so much that when dd1 wanted to have dinner in pizza express we went and I was still full so I just drunk a herbal tea. Still full this morning too so I've gone without breakfast. To think there was a time when I would have just eaten more and more. I still haven't quite got the hang of knowing when I'm full during a meal but I often just have snacks rather than a full meal when I'm not hungry.

Wilbury, I am feeling quite tempted to go to the gym. Might start looking about for a sports bra.

Wilbury I started on the virtual band weightloss app and I don't really understand how but I did have a couple of weeks of eating sensibly. Then I learnt about mfp and have been calorie counting ever since. I aim for 1200 to 1500 a day.

Baking novice I'm intending to switch to 5:2 or 6:1 to maintain. I have done 2 fasts after periods of heavy eating (like this week) to kind of kickstrt the diet. Have you found the thread with low cal recipes? I had a lovely butternut squash and chorizo casserole from that thread thread but on a normal day rather than fast.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/big_slim_whatever_weight_loss_club/a1567814-5-2-Fast-day-recipe-ideas

Well done human. 1lb is really good.

coffeewineandchocolate Mon 01-Apr-13 09:37:31

Weighed in at 10st 8 so 5 off? Think hormones may have a part to play in weight retention last week!

Johhny my plan is to maintain on 5/2 .after butlins but all bets are of for WDw in September i shall not count a calorie in those two weeks

coffee
that is fab news good bounce down

I think Easter is like xmas were we all need time of ,same of we go away on holiday we dont want to be counting calories

Bakingnovice Mon 01-Apr-13 11:14:44

Can't wait for today to be over. Have had so much crap lying around and at in laws. Back to normal tmrw. Fast day and hopefully a walk. Well done in losses everyone.

Baking sadly my house is always full of junk due to ds2 and ds3 high calorie/fat diets

but have discovered i no longer like taste of chocolateshock one little bit and that was enough found to sweet

Tortoise Mon 01-Apr-13 19:03:03

Played rounders again this afternoon. I ran around lots grin . Even got a couple of rounders.

This evening I'm feeling a bit grouchy. I know AF due soon so probably a touch of pmt! Plus my brother is annoying me a tad today! grin

I was ratty earlier but cabin fever and seem have loads to do but worked through list and s couple glasses of diet coke helped to

Realised I was wrong earlier and from Monday to Monday I lost nearly a lb! I got confused because I did an extra weigh in before Easter to see if I was in the 10s and I have put on weight since then. So I am very pleased to have lost and to still be less than 11 after eating so much this weekend.

Back to the diet today. Just under 1200 cals thanks to a lovely veggie curry and I have enough left over for tomorrow. Just need to not eat too much chocolate. I only got one egg but dc and dh got loads so I need to not eat them. I expect you ladies to give me a virtual whip, or some other punishment, if I scoff the kids' eggs!

Fantastic result coffee, you must be so close to your final target.

Tortoise Tue 02-Apr-13 18:23:09

Right, it looks like I will be able to book a holiday for July 22nd grin . Just need to finalise place we will be going to and check out a holiday dog care place and book everything. Dogs alone costing £250 for home from home place!

So now I really have to try and lose as much weight as possible!
Going to look into the 5.2 diet but worried about dds asking why not eating any tea etc on fast days.

tortoise

yay on holiday .That was my motivation to start to .

am being good but looking forward to next Monday and relaxing instead kids driving me mad

Tortoise Wed 03-Apr-13 18:58:38

Now my cooker has gone wrong sad . I do have insurance cover on it but so annoying. Think it's the element in main oven which means the rest of it is functioning fine luckily.

That's bad news about the cooker, it's such a hassle getting things fixed.

It's good news about the holiday, I need to book one for July too. I suppose my target date for weight loss is July. That's 3 months to lose 7 - 13 lbs depending on whether I lose it on my stomach.

We have got a mini break booked next week, just two days in Brighton. I'm wondering if dh will mind if I go to the hotel gym at dds bedtime. He'll probably faint, I am definitely more of a couch potato than gym bunny. I'm going to try to diet even when we're away. My biggest challenge is going to be breakfast if the hotel offers a fry up, pastries, cereal etc.

rusmum Wed 03-Apr-13 19:23:52

CN I join? Lost 3 stone last year, gained 1 back since xmXmas want to lose as much as poss bu may 20 th as I go abroad. But ultimately get the stone back off for good

Tortoise Wed 03-Apr-13 23:25:33

Welcome rusmum smile

I'm feeling low again and ate a big share bag of maltesers sad

Hi rusmun

Dive in , we're all doing own thing but what there is in this thread Is a lot of support

Woe johnnyon holiday and planning be good I'm not planning be good at all next week [ grin]

tortoise

Bleah on the oven , bad timing . Do you think that was past straw hence malteasers or is it a combination of things ? . Rather than think diet can you think just swapping one non healthy thing for a more healthy thing

Been good after my piggy weekend but my Pepsi max drinking rocketed up but it's school holidays and befn stuck in plus I needed the oomph it's giving me as been moving rooms around which then means needs tidying up spring clean style . Advantage I hope that as we're away from mon-fri next week . Then little two out with their dad all day following sat . In theory house stay tidy so when back school on mon I can do nothing but flop ( been organised uniforms washed dried hung up in wardrobes ready < evil mum >

* baking*

How's the fast Going now home ?

youcan hope enjoying having dh home

Abgirl Thu 04-Apr-13 07:31:03

Hello everyone, can I join? 4 years ago I lost all the babyweight and more after having DS2, and then ever since going back to work FT have spent 4 years putting it all back on again. I comfort eat and am getting through a bout of depression, but do recognise that eating healthily and doing some exercise will help me feel better, whereas crisps, sweets and wine have the opposite effect.

Currently 13.10 and first goal is to beat DH to lose a stone...

Have found your stories very inspirational, I know it's not going to be easy.

Tortoise Thu 04-Apr-13 08:09:40

Combination of things Human. Plus AF due end of the week!
I want to lose weight but it's just so damn hard to find food I actually enjoy eating. I've said this before but I seem to have gone off food apart from crap. sad

Tortoise Thu 04-Apr-13 08:10:20

Oh and meant to say you're welcome to join us Abgirl smile

Welcome abgirl. A bit of a competition is always a good thing, how are you going to beat your dh?

Hello rusmum I'm just losing my last stone. The weight is slowly coming off but it can be boring to get such slow results. But I'm determined to get there.

tortoise are there no healthy snacks you like? (Not that I can talk, I'm still munching on Easter chocolate.) I find it is easy to eat maltesers and stuff because they're there, you don't need to do any preparation, washing, peeling etc. at one point I bought some snack sized packets of dried apricots and raisins for when I needed a sugary snack and some options hot chocolate. I find I don't really need them now but I do have a packet of raisins in my handbag in case I fancy something when I'm out.

Tortoise Thu 04-Apr-13 12:41:53

Well, I do like apples, bananas and grapes. Not keen on dried fruits.

It's lunch time and I can't find anything I want. I've had a bag of tasteless WW crisps (reduced in local shop, thought would try them).
There is tomato soup in the cupboard and tins of beans.
Just don't fancy anything. I'd happily eat another bag of crisps or a piece of cake though.
Right now, I'm having nothing.

I have just remembered that my favourite snack food when I started the diet was pickled onions. They are so low on cals, you can eat a whole jar of silver skins and it's only about 50 cals!

<adds pickled onions and mini gherkins to the online shopping order>

Tortoise I saw some monster munch reduced in a local shop today. It took all my willpower to not buy them. I must avoid that shop for a few days.

Tortoise Thu 04-Apr-13 13:14:35

I love silverskin onions but with cubes of cheese! blush
I had a can of Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli and 3 pieces bread and butter. Wasn't meant to have bread with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now