NOW, or NEVER, no EXCUSES thread part 4.

(838 Posts)
Tortoise Fri 29-Mar-13 11:02:06

Here we are, thread 4 grin .
Time for me to have a large kick up the arse and lose weight! (After Easter!)grin

artyanklet Sat 24-Aug-13 20:25:19

Hi everyone - hope all are well!

Am back after a lovely hot sunny week in France but to a grey chilly England!! Ho hum.

Have not had a great week of healthy eating but was a little careful - lots of salad/fruit, no butter little bread but unfortunately a couple of take aways/eating out and plenty of beer! blush But back on the straight and narrow tomorrow!

I did lots of exercise - aqua aerobics every morning, 32 km bike ride along the Loire river and a bike ride round he holiday park - so proud of myself for the bike ride as I have a bad knee and thought it was going to kill during and after but it didn't!

We shall see on Monday afternoon - I know I haven't lost any hopefully not put on too much! Fingers crossed.

Welcome back arty. It sounds like you did really well with your exercise and eating healthier. I find that my 'bad' days aren't anything like they used to be and it sounds like you are more mindful of what you're eating as well.

Dh wanted a takeaway last night and as I've only had about 5 in the last year I agreed. I felt rough this morning, headache and really nasty, dry throat. It was Thai, which used to be my favourite takeaway, and it's really put me off eating that stuff. I'd made dds egg on toast with vegetable sticks and strawberries and I regretted not eating with them. I never dreamt I'd find a carrot more appealing than prawn crackers.

I had made a loss when I last weighed myself so i am really hoping last night's takeaway hasn't ruined all my hard work.

Hello everyone else, I hope you're all having a good break.

Wb Arty makes me feel tired just thinking about that

Not sure on tomorrow as went out Thursday aa ds2 got bloody good results in exams and of to 6th form

Well done mini human! You must be so proud.

Well I put on 1/2 lb, up to 139.1lbs. I wouldn't mind but I was a lb down on Thursday and I have generally eaten well so that's 1 1/2 lbs in 4 days. August has been a slow month, I lost 2lbs but at least I'm hovering around 10st which is lower than I ever thought I'd get.

Would like to be 9st 9 by 18th September as that would be 4st in a year. 4lbs in 3 weeks. Will keep trying, snacks have crept back into my diet and baking with dds so I can cut back again.

artyanklet Mon 26-Aug-13 16:28:43

I forgot its a bank holiday so can't get officially weighed but I did weigh myself this morning and very surprisingly I weigh the same as I did before I went away! shock Fingers crossed this is right, it has certainly spurred me on to get right back on track. Will have to wait now for the official weigh in next Monday afternoon.

Next week should be much easier for me as DH is away so not so many temptations!

Arty that's fantastic news. It sounds like you didn't deprive yourself too much and still had a good result.

I'm popping away for a couple of days with dh and the girls now. Just popping to Bristol. I expect the girls will want to go to pizza express and prezzo so I'll be able to have the smaller pizza and salads which is good. I am feeling focused again, want to lose 4lbs in 3 weeks.

Well done Johhny .you can do it but either way look how far you come

Arty that's fab holidays are tricky

1lb of for me so that takes me back to 9.7 so happy wiyh thst but accepted being away soon will put some on but then know vsn loose sfter

Wow, human that's brilliant. Do you do 5:2 now? Or just a few days of low cals and low carbs when you need to go back to target?

I was restrained while I was away apart from when dh bought me an ice cream with the kids and wanted a sharing platter of fried food. Dh off work til Tuesday and it's definitely harder to eat well without him. He doesn't like salad and lots of other food I like to eat. It maybe time to dust my hairy bikers cookbook and do him a low cal curry.

cookieowner Fri 30-Aug-13 14:38:44

Hi all
I am back from holiday and weighed today and am the same as before i went which is great but surprising as i didnt even think about calories while away and had plenty of cocktails!
So i now want to get down past the 11 stone as its been nearly a year since i started the diet and still have 2 stone to go i think
Trouble is i have 2 weekends away planned for September plus a family birthday so wont be easy at all
Glad to hear you are all maintaining and/or losing so well still

Johnny I do 6/1 to maintain 5/2 if need to loose

I have jo intention of being good whilr away grin

Welcome back cookie ,hope had a good holiday

Welcome back cookie, cocktails and maintenance is fantastic. September sounds hard but if you can have a holiday without gaining you've clearly learnt how to make good choices.

Human whenever I reach a plateau I think it's time to either low carb or fast but there's always something going on that makes it impossible. dd1 goes back to school next week so I might fast on Thursday. I didn't want her to see me not eating so that won't be a problem. Slightly scared of increasing 5 days a week though, I'm so used to 1200 - 1300 cals a day. As I'm 5ft 4 I only need 1600 cals a day anyway, think that's why I lose weight so slowly and have done since the thread started (that and a few relapses mainly involving Pringles grin).

Dh given chocolates for his birthday. They are calling me, would it be wrong to steal his birthday truffles?

Tortoise Mon 02-Sep-13 08:30:15

I gained another lb.5 so now 16st 12.5 lbs sad.
Back to school tomorrow and back to walking 4 miles plus a day so hopefully that will help!

Hi tort, sorry to hear that but it's definitely harder in the holidays.

So a massive loss for me 2.4lbs. Down to 136.7. Not sure why, I had some quite fatty carbs when I was away and since Friday have been eating lots of pasta so I could eat the same as dd and dh. Must be portion size.

artyanklet Mon 02-Sep-13 10:35:33

Hi guys, I have decided that school holidays are def harder than term time. I am back to school tomorrow after having 6 wks off, part of me is looking forward to getting into that routine again but obviously part of me is not!

I have my official weigh in this afternoon and dreading it as I have missed the last 2 Mondays as I have been away and it being a bank holiday!

Hopefully Tort that school walk with really help and fingers crossed next week will be a loss rather than a gain! Keep positive xx

Well done Johnny, great weight loss.

I am hoping any loss will be good, certainly feel different but always worry being weighed in the middle of the afternoon with my clothes on. I always wear the same thing - the nurse probably thinks that I only have 1 outfit! ha ha

Will let you know later on this afternoon.

IceBeing Mon 02-Sep-13 12:03:51

hello all...

My new attempt at slimness begins today!

It has not begun well because in the faffing of getting my parents to the station on time I failed to make my lunch and have a cheese salad sandwich and a snickers angry

As a random recap, because I am in diet anniversary mood, this time last year I weighed 192 pounds. When 'I finished' I weighed 136 pounds and have in the intervening 6 months gained 5 pounds.

So this morning I weighed 141 pounds.

I am aiming to get stabilized at 130 pounds. I aim to do this in 8 weeks.

My plan is to replace/drop the daily chocolate/biscuit binge. The binge is entirely emotionally driven though...so it may be hard.

Anyway here goes!

IceBeing Mon 02-Sep-13 12:05:10

Oh and happy thread anniversary everyone!

artyanklet Mon 02-Sep-13 15:24:48

Hi Ice - Hope tomorrow has a better start!

I have been for my official weigh and thankfully have lost 1kg, not much mind but its still a loss so I am happy (we are talking about 2wks worth of lost) but seeing as a week of that I was on holiday, I am very relieved!

I really want a snickers now!

Icb, 11 lbs in 8 weeks should be doable. It's interesting you're an emotional eater, that must be hard to find strategies to deal with. I think I overate because I was bored and i have learnt how to distract myself.

Arty, that's a fantastic loss given you were on holiday. I find that weight loss and body shrinkage don't always occur together so I went down a dress size this summer but didn't really lose weight. Sounds like that might have happened to you. What's the outfit that you're weighed in? Let's hope it's not trousers, I had a pair fall down last yearblush.

Happy anniversary thread, I think I joined mid September. in the last year I have gone from 191 to 136lbs which is more than I ever thought I would. My target is 133lbs which is close. I am not completely happy with my waist and tum but need to do more exercise rather than diet.

<Celebrates thread's birthday with wine and cake>

artyanklet Mon 02-Sep-13 23:09:13

Wow Johnny that's an amazing amount of weight to have lost - and really spurs me on! I am not quite ready to announce yet how heavy I am but may be in a couple of weeks when I get down a little bit further then I may share! Although saying that I just used the weight converter on line and I was surprised to see that I had hit my little weight goal another stone in my weight - so as long as I continue I have now moved into the next stone weight weight loss! I hope you understand my cryptic message!

I need to lose weight obviously for me but also due to my knee, I have been told I will need a knee replacement, unfortunately what with all this extra exercise my knee is now hurting more than it has ever done, I am seeing GP tomorrow about my sinuses so will speak with him about stronger pain killers or where do we go from here. It is so frustrating as my mind is willing my knee is not!

What a busy week, dd1 went back to school and dd2 started preschool. She does two mornings a week. I'm potty training her too and she seems to be doing well.

I've not quite got the hang of mornings so thought I'd do my weigh in a day early and did it today. After six days of counting everything that went past my lips and eating lots of home made soup and healthy stuff I was gutted to have only lost .2lbs! I then had a massive roast for lunch so will probably end up gaining this week. It was worth it though, my roasties were a triumph and I was somewhat restrained only eating four of them.

Arty, congratulations on reaching a milestone. I love going into a new stone, it really spurs me on. I have never told anyone in real life about my previous weight so I completely understand why you haven't told us. I still don't tell people in real life how much i've lost, so many people ask and I'm always vague.

I'm sorry to hear your knee's aching, it must be frustrating when you're so keen to exercise.. Will it get less painful when you lose a bit more weight? I know you've done cycling and swimming, but have you thought of trying weights (but focusing on other areas) or yoga / Pilates? I did Pilates for a few months and everyone in my class had an injury (apart from me) and the instructor was very good at teaching us different movements. I am probably going to do Pilates again if I can find a class when dd2 is at preschool.

IceBeing Mon 09-Sep-13 13:12:51

hi all....so I don't have to admit whether on not week one of diet mark two was a success because my scales are out of juice....

Will get a battery tonight though...so expect tears in the morning...

How's it been? Have you been sticking to the diet? I was so focused last week that when I only lost .2lbs yesterday I was gutted. Then I had enough time to weigh myself this morning and I was down another lb in a day! That after eating about half a pound of beef and about 2 packets of chocolate buttons am using them to bribe dd2 who is being potty trained

I am only about 4 or 6oz away from my target of 4stone loss in a year and about 2lbs away from my target of 9st 7. And yet despite all this I am still not satisfied. It is a dream to be less than 10 stone, at the start i thought I was big boned and probably destined to be a size 12 at 11 stone.

I wonder if I just feel fat because I have gone from a wardrobe of flattering size 16 dresses and now I live in jeggings and jeans so for the first time I have very visible muffin top (visible to me anyway). Think I need to exercise tum and consider style revamp rather than more dieting.

<sighs at how self obsessed I've become. Hope it passes>

IceBeing Mon 09-Sep-13 14:13:43

I had a pretty ropey week tbh. Essentially any contact with my DM at the moment and I end up binge eating. It is really really horrible. I know what is happening and why but I just can't seem to get in control of it.

DM was visiting last weekend...which was great- but once she left I was all over the place. Then I had a chat with her on wednesday...all over the place...then I went to a conference.

The conference was okay really - I had a single slice of toast and a small spoonful of scrambled egg from the whole breakfast buffet!

I saw some mini-danish pastries and part of my brain was all YAY mini pastries! but when I got there, I just didn't really want one...so I didn't have one.

So I really think I have changed my eating...I just still have this eat for comfort thing going on....

Oh sorry to hear that, that's really crap. Given the circumstances I think you're doing well to even try to eat well, I think I'd be hitting the pringles big time. It is awful when you can see what the problem is and even what the solution is, but you just can't do it. Well we've all been there and I am really bingeing on chocolate at the moment. I don't even enjoy it that much but I'm bored being a sahm and I log it in mfp and compensate by eating nothing having a tiny dinner so I'm still under calories. Not a very healthy way to lose weight.

Your conference behaviour sounds amazing. Breakfast buffets are hell for me because I love savoury food so much.... and mini pastries come to think of it.

Being positive (and superficial) I am wearing a 'small' size dress today and I do feel amazing. I do get a buzz getting dressed every day.

Arty I hope Monday's weigh in was a good one and doctor's have sorted you out for better painkillers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now