NOW, or NEVER, no EXCUSES thread part 4.

(838 Posts)
Tortoise Fri 29-Mar-13 11:02:06

Here we are, thread 4 grin .
Time for me to have a large kick up the arse and lose weight! (After Easter!)grin

Tortoise Sat 08-Jun-13 11:34:41

Well, test was negative so just side effects of pill etc I guess.
I know my bf would not have been happy if I was lol so probably best result.

Phew tortoise

Sorry have been absent have has friend staying add in hospital trips and fighting lea think I need check scaled this week I suspect not good news

Tortoise Sun 09-Jun-13 17:40:40

The thread has been really quiet lately. Guess cos most of you have got to goal.
I've been feeling so tired the last few days and feel really bloated, jean are tight which they aren't normally. I'm going to look like a beached whale on holiday at this rate sad.

Sorry I've not been around because I'm unusually busy. Also I'm trying to stop dc from using the iPad (got fed up with tantrums from dd2 when I wouldn't let her use it) so I have been hiding it, and then I find I don't go on mn as much.

Although i reached my 10 st 5 target I now feel I want to reach 9 st 7. Think my new target date will be 1st September, almost a year from when I started my diet.

Tortoise sorry you went through a pregnancy scare. I hope I haven't misread it but I wondered if you would have secretly been a little happy about having another baby? I would love to have another baby but I think I'm too old and it would be impossible to have another pregnancy while dd2 is so naughty wilful and independent. I need every bit of energy to run after her.

Human you sound busy, hope you're all ok, and hospital trips are just check ups and nothing to worry about.

I've eaten a lot this weekend so I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I've had people round twice so I bought a selection of cold meats, cheeses, salads, breads, ice cream. So I've just eaten lots of bread and pâté which is so high in calories and Haagen daz that was half price in Tesco

Tortoise Sun 09-Jun-13 21:13:17

I would have been happy to get a positive, yes. But my bf doesn't want a baby. He's a lot older than me, 49, and thinks he's too old for anymore. I'm only 35 and despite already having 4, I would love another.

Tortoise Mon 10-Jun-13 07:46:32

Gained 4lbs sad blush.
Pretty much back to where I started yet again. Maybe I should just give up. I can't be bothered anymore!

Oh well perhaps it's for the best, I feel too old for a baby so i can see why someone of 49 wouldn't be keen. He might change his mind if you're lucky.

Tortoise, it's up to you if you give up but I do think you need to see that even to not put on any weight in ten months is a big, big achievement. Maybe take a couple of weeks off while you research different diets, meal plans etc. I spent years trying to lose weight but always gave up after half a day. Until I found mfp, this group and a hypnosis app I didn't really find something suitable for me.

By some miracle I lost .4lbs this week. Very pleased with that.

cookieowner Mon 10-Jun-13 10:37:12

Hi
I am only half way to my goal so a long way to go yet !
Another 2lb off this week but then i was away again at weekend so probably wont be so good next week when i get on scales.
I am trying to remind myself that i have still lost 35lbs so should be pleased but i did start last september and so seems a long time to go still to reach my goal of anther 35 lb off yet
Keep telling myself i can do it if ive lost this much but it does seem hard and especailly when i have been on holiday and away for a lot of weekends.
Tortoise thats a real shame, can you find something to aim for, a birthday or day out so that you have a small goal to go for ?

Tortoise dont give up Eveb staying same big achievement

Johnny sadly not ds3 been ill then I've had a turn at it to

Been hectic as well as trying to plan summer fete end of the month

Cookie yup look how far you have come

As for babies no thank you I must admit it be a deal breaker for me ( as i in no way nor now not ever )but harder for younger ones who still like more

Human sorry to hear that. I hope you and ds3 get better soon.

Cookie, I've lost 47lbs but it does feel slow. How are you doing it? Fewer calories? I did say I'd swirtch to 5:2 to either maintain or do the last little bit but now I'm near the end I'm reluctant to change things.

Tortoise how are you feeling today?

cookieowner Tue 11-Jun-13 17:02:22

Yes i am on 1100-1200 calories a day ,i am only short and very sedentary, i started on 1200 but cut to 1100 in hope of losing more
I cannot really exercise much so this is probably holding me back from losing more, but thats the way it is!
I wondered whether to change things but am reluctant too aswell

Me too, low cals as I'm short and sedentary although dd2 does her best to keep me active! 35lbs is huge, probably more than the weight of my 2 year old. I can't imagine carrying her around all day yet we used to.

The weekend started today,lunch with a friend was a bit naughty but I've had lots of salads for the rest of the week so i am still hoping to lose or stay the same. I have bought some outdoor sports sets so I can take dds to the park at the weekend and run around with a ball or play tennis.

Tortoise I hope you're completely better now.

Ooh no one else around? Down 1/2 lb to 143.5 lbs which is a step in the right direction. Hope everyone else is well.

ICBINEG Mon 17-Jun-13 19:30:45

Hi there...Im still reading but not posting due to dieting fails.

I am still in my 'range' but only just.

You are doing so well!

Well done for staying in your range. This isn't easy, I think I lowered my target because being on a diet seems 'easier' than maintaining! Six months ago I would have thought that was a ridiculous statement, I didn't think I would get so close to 9s. Even when I was a slimmish student I weighed more than that.

I'm finding it hard at the moment, bored with meal planning and thinking about what to eat three times a day.

ICBINEG Wed 19-Jun-13 16:54:35

On the plus side I just kicked ass at work in a major way.

On the minus side my DM's cancer is now in her brain and liver.

I am still just so angry...when do I get onto a different phase of grief to anger?

I'm so sorry to hear that, how does she seem? I hope she's not in pain.

I don't really know much about grief or the various stages (no one close to me has suffered from a disease like cancer) but I think I would feel angry too. At least you know that she has seen you become a successful person who has given her an amazing granddaughter and she must be very proud of you both.

<hopes someone comes along soon who is better at expressing themselves>

ICBINEG Wed 19-Jun-13 21:50:31

Thank you for the kind words.

One of my first (selfish) thoughts was that at least she wouldn't ever know if I became a failure at work...

And I do feel some serious gratitude for the fact that given my DM was never cured she has actually had 4th stage melanoma for nearly 4 years, which is totally exceptional and has given her the chance to meet her two grandchildren.

I wish her grandchildren would remember her though...and they won't sad

ICBINEG Wed 19-Jun-13 21:53:39

Oh and I should say, she isn't in much pain, but is suffering some nausea.

The doctor said he had never seen someone with a scan so bad who was feeling so well....

I'm glad that she's not in much pain, it's a truly horrible, horrible situation but it sounds like it could be even worse. I had an amazing relationship with one of my grandmothers so I can see why you would be angry that her gc are being denied that. I still talk to dd1 about her grandmother (we gave her name as dd1s middle name) and she died 25 years ago. Kids love hearing stories about things they did when they were babies and toddlers - even if they can't remember them - so I suppose you'll have to just remember lots of funny stories and take pictures and videos of them together (unless that's too painful).

Diet wise I have been useless. Curry and fish and chips and just two of my unhealthy meals this week. Will not be weighing in tomorrow. Might do it thurs or fri if I can manage four days of healthy eating.

Hello everyone. Well I couldn't resist the scales and I am back in the overweight zone. BMi of 25.1. <so angry with self>.

So I have meal planned like I have never planned before. 5 days planned and all food bought. It's going to be diet bootcamp for me. Ham and salad for lunch and courgette, feta and lentil salad for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow. I can do it.

Will try to avoid scales until Friday, want to lose 2lbs next Monday. Should be hard as I rarely lose that much but I need a target to keep me going.

Hope everyone else is ok and you all had lovely weekends (I did which is why I find myself in this predicament)

cookieowner Mon 24-Jun-13 17:28:52

Another pound off for me this week so still gradually losing ( although very slowly)
Off on holiday Thursday though so wont be wieghing in til the next week and hope it s not too awful!
Hope everyone else is still plodding along ok

ICBINEG Mon 24-Jun-13 20:33:46

I am still dicking around the top end of my weight limit but have definitely been binge eating in response to all the bad news.

It dawned on me today that being all antsy about having added a few pounds is a whole different kettle of fish when your in the green zone than when you are technically obese. While the feeling is oh too painfully familiar, I am not actually at all in the situation I was this time last year!

Well done cookie! I'm not jealous at all.

Icb I think you have some very good reasons to eat but I can relate to what you say, I am angry with myself but feel in much more control than last year. I never used to weigh myself for years on end and so I never saw the weight creep on. Just doing it weekly means that if I have a bad few days I know immediately and just change my behaviour. It still takes a lot of effort but I guess that's my life from now on.

I've kind of been buzzing a bit from a compliment given to me from the friend in rl who i've most discussed my weight with. Wearing black jeggings (never thought I'd look good in something skinny) and a stripy top last week she said I had a look of Audrey Hepburn about me (neck down obviously). then she reconsidered and said perhaps it was una Stubbs in summer holiday but I'm hanging on to Audrey Hepburn comment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now