NOW, or NEVER, no EXCUSES thread part 4.

(838 Posts)
Tortoise Fri 29-Mar-13 11:02:06

Here we are, thread 4 grin .
Time for me to have a large kick up the arse and lose weight! (After Easter!)grin

Tortoise Tue 14-May-13 22:20:28

I had the mirena until Dec. Was due to be removed. Think would have been better just to have had another put in but thought would try something different!

Tortoise Wed 15-May-13 11:53:12

Having a bad morning. Just fried some chips for lunch.
It was all I fancied eating.
I have been for a walk round the field with dogs.
I think it's boredom. I have loads to do but just no energy to do it! My house is a pigsty sad

Tortoise

Are you drinking enough water ? I find this can make me feel worse

Aldo suspect house not as bad as you think just seems that way

Tortoise Wed 15-May-13 19:06:39

Yes I drink lots of water. It's pretty much all I drink other than frijj milkshakes or Budweiser grin

JohnnyDeppsfuturewidge Thu 16-May-13 09:13:42

Tortoise I hope you're feeling better now. Are you organising parties for everyone? We're taking a few friends to a soft play centre and having a small party after school next week so I have to do online shopping today and my most hated thing which is wrapping pass the parcel presents.

I weighed myself today and I have reached my target. 145.3 lbs so BMi is 24.9 so only just healthy. Thank you for all your help ladies, I really have no other way of getting things off my chest and could not have done it withoit you. When I started this I don't know if i seriously thought I'd lose 45lbs, the target just seemed so far away.

Still can't quite believe i'm normal weight, it will take some time to change how I feel about myself. I think I'm going to try to go down to 140 slowly and see if I'm happy with that.

ICBINEG Thu 16-May-13 09:31:43

Whooooooo! johnny congratulations!

That really is tremendously awesome!

I was having a shitty day and now I am all smiles for you!

JohnnyDeppsfuturewidge Thu 16-May-13 09:58:08

Thanks icb, weird, the weight loss has been slow, slow, slow for ages and then I lost 4lbs in about 10 days. I suspect I'll be up by Monday but it's good to know I got there once. I hope your day gets better.

Must google bra shops, no excuse to still wear grey, saggy maternity bras.

Tortoise Thu 16-May-13 16:36:01

yay well done grin .
I'm not too bad. Got a headache again but wondering if because I've cut down on chocolate and crap. Still eating some though blush .

No party but DD1 is having a few friends round next Friday. Would have been this Friday but I just haven't felt up to sorting the house so I've said will sort it next week.

I have fairy cakes, chocolate brownies and a birthday cake to make tonight. Also have parents eve for DS2 and DDs have gymnastics.
I'm already shattered after birthday shopping all day!

Fantastic news johnny well done and it takes ages sink in

Glad feeling bit better tortoise

Anyone heard from youcan?

Well I so can't break my diet was pointed out in meeting today that summer fair in June I got have my picture taken with the mayor got local paper arghhhh was almost enough send me into cake eating

Tortoise Fri 17-May-13 06:42:59

Ooh exciting Human grin . At least you will look fab in it smile .

Last night my nose started again and I've woken up early with it streaming sad . Nose is sore and I feel rough.

DD1 birthday day today. I still have the cake to make! Made brownies and fairy cakes last night. I might have eaten some brownies to taste test it before its taken to school blush .

ICBINEG Fri 17-May-13 09:39:32

ohh happy birthday!

How old is she? And what theme cake? <getting increasingly desperate about DD's approaching 2nd birthday>

Tortoise Fri 17-May-13 10:25:02

She's 10. Cake is hopefully going to be this one (hope link works on app!) grin

JohnnyDeppsfuturewidge Fri 17-May-13 10:48:31

Wow tortoise that's amazing. I have a long history of failed baking experiments and so would never try to make an important cake like a birthday cake again. I made cakes for dd1's 1st and dd2's 2nd birthdays and wouldn't let anyone eat them! (other than dh who seems to like dry, rubbery, crumbly and slimy cakes!)

I saw youcan on a thread about driving the other day, she's just started lessons. I wished her luck but I think she's forgotten me sad

Went into white stuff yesterday and the old me came back. Not sure what the occasion was but they had a table at the front with crisps, doughnuts, biscuits, cocktail sausages... I stripped that table like a swarm of locusts in a corn field. Carb overload. Too scared to weigh myself today! blush

Johnny its ok we all get days like that soon balance out

Tortoise

I am seriously impressed I do not make birthday cake or Xmas cake ever as cake disaster is the outcome .

Supermarkets for me or ds3 in July check out which mum does as a Hobby from home I taste tested couple of her cupcakes

ICBINEG Fri 17-May-13 14:04:50

ohh that looks like cool cake!

Tortoise Fri 17-May-13 19:40:42

I've added 2 pics to profile of the cake. It turned out so well. I'm really pleased with it smile

ICBINEG Fri 17-May-13 19:57:08

AWESOME effort! I am inspired by all your cake pics!

Tortoise Fri 17-May-13 20:40:03

Thanks. I do enjoy making cakes but some probably look better in the photo than they do close up lol grin . But they do normally taste good!

<cough cough>

Hello everyone.

I am coming back on Monday.....approximately 7lbs heavier.

My life has gone mental. I now have a part time job, am volunteering in a primary school, am learning to drive, am chairperson of a toddler group, applying for jobs at CCC's school and now....back on a diet as of Monday.

I literally cannot sleep as have so much on with children and work etc So food has been a comfort again.

Overall I have still lost 1st 5 lbs....but I need to replicate that.

I am armed with a ZUMBA dvd now and I WILL do this again. Just need to focus.
How is everyone???

Tortoise Sat 18-May-13 10:22:35

Good to see you back Youcan smile .

I'm not sure I will have a loss this week. Start of the week was good but downhill since then.
Cold = comfort food and DDs birthday = cake and McDonalds!

Cold seems to be worse again. Feeling pretty rough. Still in bed! grin

Tortoise that cake is amazing. I could never do anything like that. I hope dd2s having a good day and that your cold is getting better. It's a busy weekend for me, 2 children's parties (including 1 for dd1) and 1 adult party. There's no point even trying to diet so I am going to have an indulgent weekend then start again Monday.

Welcome back youcan, wow you have been busy. And well done on the weight loss. Overall you're still down by a long way. I'm guessing you're about 12st now so I bet you look great. Good luck with the driving, it took me 23 years to pass (with a 20 year gap in the middle), I bought a car this week and am too scared to drive it!

I reached target but set a new lower target. I think your body changes physically before you do mentally and there's a phase where you still think you're fat even though you can tell objectively from the scales and the tape measure that you're not. So I'm fitting in 10/12 clothes but I don't feel thin! I know I'm being stupid so I'm just going to slowly lose another 5lbs to get down to 10st to see how I feel.

Ekkk back handed compliment today I mentioned my eldest 19 today and eye brows went up so pointed out I'm 40 this year and they were shocked . Seems I lost few years along with the weight lol

Impressed tortoise love that cake hope feeling better

Welcome back youcan sheesh in tired from just reading what you been up to

Johnny I did that still can not get my head round it but think I found my happy medium weight wise now after adjusting it

Tortoise Sat 18-May-13 18:02:29

Cold eased off a bit. Took DDs to park for a bit. Cake wasn't that hard to make. It has caused a funny side effect.
DD1 called me into the bathroom earlier in a panic. "mum my poo is green". I take a quick look, think about what's been eaten, then crack up laughing! Must be from colouring in cake grin . DS1 also had same! grin

<hangs head>

Ok I am a bit more than half a stone heavier...I am waaay up.

But still not unsalvageable. So I need to have a really good week and lose about 5 lbs.

Here goes................

Goodluck everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now