SW, WW, 5:2, low carbing, Atkins, how do I decide?

(2 Posts)
BsshBossh Thu 28-Mar-13 23:21:29

Well you could try 5:2 fasting. I've saved money on my grocery bill doing that because you eat just 500 cals twice a week (fasting) and normally the rest of the week (though normal doesn't mean binging so the day's food intake is still lower than my over-eating eating iyswim). If this sounds appealing then check out the various 5:2 threads on here.

I tried low carb a long time ago but ended up spending more £ on protein sources. I was very successful on a basic calorie-controlled diet but still spent more £ than I wanted on diet/low fat foods.

With 5:2 I can eat what I want - though it's best to eat heathily - but less of it!

bloatedpickle Thu 28-Mar-13 11:08:46

I've been in denial and avoiding the scales for over 6 months. During this time I have piled on the pounds and my clothes don't fit!

So...I need to lose 21lbs.

In the past, I've done Weight Watchers and reached goal, I've also been to SW and reached goal, but at the moment I can't afford to spend £'s on the food to make up the recipes/meals advised. (I've been eating lots of cheap, rubbish, nasty food which is partly the reason I've got heavier).

I need to lose the weight without paying for slimming club fees, and preferably easy meals that will still keep the food shopping bill down.

Those of you who are seeing results - well done! Could you please help me and let me know your quick easy meals and snacks?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now