Your thoughts on my approach to 5km

(5 Posts)
LillethTheCat Thu 28-Mar-13 14:47:55

Yes agree with sunflowers running outside is much harder than running inside so you need to get that in there too.

Even if you just walk the first time and each time you run a bit more and a bit more.

Ilovesunflowers Thu 28-Mar-13 14:36:32

You'll need to try some running outdoors too as it's harder. Tougher on the joints, harder surfaces, minor inclines, kurbs, hills etc.

Treadmill is a good way to start though.

sunnyshine Thu 28-Mar-13 13:57:40

Rachtoteach not sure boys are allowed to run in race for life. Worth checking!

HeySoulSister Tue 26-Mar-13 12:14:15

I've just completed c25k and through that and low carbing and shred have lost 35 pounds

Not sure if that helps lol

Rachtoteach Tue 26-Mar-13 11:32:02

Hi all,

I would appreciate your thoughts please on my slightly different approach to building up to being able to run 5km (from couch potato). I do have the c25k app but for various reasons would like to do something different. The main thing I want to achieve from this is weight loss (I have 28lb to lose) but I have promised my son we will run the Race for Life together in July, eeeek!

So here's my plan (from tonight) - get on treadmill and set target distance to 5km. Make sure I never go lower than 5kph (so that I'm guaranteed not to take longer than an hour), walk as briskly as I can interspersed with a minute jogging every few mins. Aim to beat my previous time each time I do this (aiming for tues, thurs and once at wkend, upping the amount of jogging each time) so that by July I can run R4L in 35 mins.

As I said my main aim is weight loss so I have also cut out the crap and eating three healthy meals a day and only drinking wine on one night a week.

Would really appreciate your thoughts - thanks in advance!

Rachel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now