5:2 ers..... do you fast when you're ill?

(5 Posts)
monster54 Mon 25-Mar-13 14:52:56

I did simply because I didn't feel like eating....I think it made me feel worse and I still have the remnants of the cold some 2.5 weeks later. I can't seem to shift it which is unlike me.

I do wonder if it is down to the WOE but I'm just hoping some better weather will see it off!!!

snoworneahva Mon 25-Mar-13 14:25:54

If you don't feel up to it then don't do it. I need food when I have a stocking cold, other people don't seem to be able to eat a bite.

HeadFairy Mon 25-Mar-13 13:20:57

It's become such a part of my life, been doing it since August, it feels kind of weird eating on a Monday, but I think my body's telling me it needs fuel to recover grin

plecofjustice Mon 25-Mar-13 12:30:17

It's not a diet, it's a way of life. Tomorrow is tomorrow! If you are genuinely hungry and feeling really unwell, break your fast and try again when you're ready - it's not a competition and suffering doesn't win you any extra points (or calories burned!) smile.

HeadFairy Mon 25-Mar-13 11:59:01

Got a stinking cold and I'm feeling hungry and just want to stuff carbs down my throat despite not being able to taste a thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now