Anyone managing 5:2 with broken sleep?

(2 Posts)
Ilovesunflowers Mon 25-Mar-13 11:12:02

I would just give it a try for a month or so. See how you go. Aim to do your 2 fast days earlier on in the week e.g. Monday and Wednesday. That way if you had a bad night and your fast days are postponed then you have time to fit them in before the end of the week. I think it's a great diet for fitting in around normal life as it only involves 2 days of having to really think of your food.

The rest can be flexible e.g. meals out (sensibly!), baking with the kids etc. It's been good for me because it means if I have a hectic week where I'm out a lot with work it means I won't have that feeling of having to put off my diet for another week. I only need to fit in 2 'diet' days.

Plus if you need a bit of a boost in weight loss then you could always add to it by going to 4:3 e.g. just before/after Christmas.

Go for it.

Murtette Sun 24-Mar-13 23:03:19

I keep thinking about trying 5:2 as my parents have been doing it for a year and are much healthier (some weight loss; much lower cholesterol & blood pressure) but I have 2 DC, neither of whom are great at sleeping. DS is only 10 months and wakes up at least once a night between 11pm & 6am and DD is currently having nightmares and seems anxious about the fact I've just gone back to work so is often up for an hour or more in the middle of the night and needs reassurance. In the past few months, I lost 2 stone through calorie counting and found some days a real struggle but that was on 1400 calories a day. I can't imagine how I'd survive on 600 calories a day. Should I just bite the bullet & try it? Or should I wait until the DC are sleeping better if that ever happens? I think I'm concerned with 5:2 that if I'm feeling really sleep deprived on one of my fast days and so fail to fast then the whole week is messed up whereas with a "normal" diet, if I have one bad day then I'm back on the wagon the next day.
Any thoughts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now