ok, enough is enough, starting the diet tomorrow- does anyone else want to join me for a weekly monday weigh in?!

(79 Posts)
loho Sun 24-Mar-13 21:55:17

i have been saying for ages that im going on a diet, well actually i kind of just plan on eating less/healthier choices and exercising more. i have no clothes that look nice on me anymore and i detest seeing myself in photos.
the time is now! i am now at my biggest i have ever been and im hoping that if i feel i have to check in every week it may give me more motivation,
i know roughly what i weigh but will weigh my self tomorrow morning, i would like to lose around 4 stone (if i achieved this i would still be overweight but it is what i weighed when i met dp)

so... what is your story? how much weight would you like to lose? why?

BerylStreep Tue 16-Apr-13 20:36:44

Am I the only one here?

I was about another kilo down, but I have been up a kilo, down a kilo over the last week or so.

BerylStreep Mon 08-Apr-13 20:21:30

Loho I keep a food and exercise diary (with daily weight), but don't count calories. It helps me to look back at times when I have lost weight really easily to see what I was doing / eating. It also helps if you stall or start to go the other way - it can help identify what the cause may be.

Have you had a look at any of the bootcamp threads? I find it works for me, but it's a sort of all or nothing way of eating - you can't really have porridge in the morning, or pasta.

Makingmama Mon 08-Apr-13 16:11:27

Well done Beryl that's a great loss!

loho try not to worry too much - I've experienced static weight and even gaining a lb when doing a lot of exercise all of a sudden - if you stick with it you will prob start to see the weight drop off in the next week or so. Maybe you can tell us what you've been eating and you can get some pointers? Also I think the lifestyle advisor would be great to see smile

boiledegg well done! Not far to get to 10st!

Have been really good today - break: high protein muesli, lunch: lots of salad with tin of tuna and olive oil, snack: slice of cheese, dinner: lamb, carrot and garlic casserole with roasted squash...very full now!

BoiledEggandToastSoldiers Mon 08-Apr-13 09:43:28

Todays weight 10st 9llbs, lost 1 lb last week

9lbs to get to lower end of ideal weight smile

loho Mon 08-Apr-13 09:19:47

Hi everyone, not been on for a while as been quite busy in RL.

Well I've put on the 1lb I lost last week which I feel really shit about, I thought I had done really well this week, done loads of exercise and been pretty good with eating.

When I was at the gp recently she asked if I'd like to see "the lifestyle advisor" I said I would try myself first but as I clearly can't lose weight to save myself I'm now thinking I might go back and ask if I can meet with her/him.
I've no idea what to expect though

When I lost weight previously (a few years ago now!) I done it by keeping a diary and counting every last calorie- I became totally obsessed with calories and food and its not a path I want to go down again as my dd is 9 and I'd hate for her to pick up on my food hang ups.

BerylStreep Mon 08-Apr-13 08:26:24

Mama, well done!

I have lost 1.8kg this week, which is a total of 3kg over 2 weeks.

How has everyone else got on?

Makingmama Mon 08-Apr-13 04:43:27

Weight this morning is 9st 12lb smile very pleased with a 2lb weight loss this week - particularly as I've struggled a lot with motivation. This will surely motivate me for the rest of the week smile

Start weight: 10st
Week 1: 9st 12lb

Makingmama Sun 07-Apr-13 09:26:58

shock I def. don't want that happening!!! Ok so my plan now is 30ds with balanced eating trying to keep calories down with mfp...whilst I read up on the low carb threads. And then can start bootcamp on the 29th hopefully well prepared! What sort of results am I likely to get? I have until 29th June to lose a stone (maybe 1 and half stone) and get toned so not too rushed. Thank you smile

ChippingInIsEggceptional Sat 06-Apr-13 17:04:06

It's starting on the 29th smile But there are a gazillion 'back threads' you can read and a current thread where we are all chatting. Not sure if I linked to it earlier or not, but it's HERE You definitely don't want to be doing half and half or you'll end up putting on weight shock

Makingmama Sat 06-Apr-13 16:31:20

Thanks for that chipping! I'll def read the other thread...don't want to be wasting my time by not doing it properly - when's the new bootcamp starting? Thank you smile

ChippingInIsEggceptional Sat 06-Apr-13 14:48:23

Boiled - too late to join?? I don't think so - I think this thread/these threads will be going as long as women are still breathing grin <sadly too I suppose> Welcome smile I'm here far too often most days smile Some of the restaurants in the museums are worth going to London for smile I think it was the V&A (though could be wrong) where we had a lovely lunch! Still, most of them should do a good protein salad if nothing else. The Duck would be fine, just without the pancakes.

Making the thing with low carb is that it's a bit 'all or nothing' having muesli for breakfast means you wont be low enough in carbs to get into the fat burning which is how low carb works unfortunately. I hope you get time to read the Bootcamp threads and maybe you would even consider joining us on the one that's starting soon? (the 'guidelines' are on a spreadsheet if you want a 'cheat sheet' on how to low carb with good results?!). Avoiding chocolate once you have got into the fat burning stage is really easy - honest. I have been whining about wanting Easter Eggs as I love them, but that's only Easter Eggs because it's Easter not chocolate per se, if you get what I mean. On the whole, low carbing is easy and rewarding and if you eat meat - very easy.

WIRL <I like that - WIRL, great NN> Would DH eat boiled eggs cold? If he would he could do them the day before. I believe a couple of those and maybe some greek yogurt (total or lidl) would keep him going. (I say believe as I don't eat eggs, but it seems to work for lots of others).

BoiledEggandToastSoldiers Sat 06-Apr-13 10:14:06

Thanks Beryl I am steering clear of bread, which is a shame as DH makes ours and we have some amazing bakeries down here. I know it really affects my weight.

We are going up to London for the day tomorrow to do the Museums, I'm just worried all will go wrong. Luckily the restaurant in the science museum is pretty good. Managed to convince DH we don't need to go to Chinatown, refusing crispy duck and pancakes would be nigh on impossible,suppose I just have to think of my saggy, pale, bod in a bikini! smile

WhyIRayLiotta Sat 06-Apr-13 08:51:32

chipping we are always tight for time in the morning. I work shifts so DP often has to get DD up ready, fed and out for 8. He usually just grabs what's in the fridge - cooked ham / cheese etc. He loves the cooked breakfast - but doesn't have time for it each morning (and bacon / sausages every day is not ideal) I will see if he can make himself some boiled eggs or something while he is getting Dd ready.

My weight loss has predictably slowed a lot this week. I've lost 1lb. But I'm sticking to low carb. Next week I am going to do more exercise.

I've a weekend away with friends in May and want to be noticeably slimmer by then!

Makingmama Sat 06-Apr-13 07:51:25

Thanks chipping I'll go and have a look at the low carb bootcamp threads.

Struggling a bit with the low carb - going to stick with it and just hope I get better at avoiding the chococolate come mid-afternoon!!

Just did day 1 of 30DS - have had a high protein muesli for breakfast and going to have an omellete for lunch and bbq for dinner so will just eat the salad and protein.

BerylStreep Fri 05-Apr-13 19:09:00

Hi Boiled, welcome. I pop in every couple of days. You'll need to drop the toast soldiers if you want to get rid of the cottage cheese! grin

BoiledEggandToastSoldiers Thu 04-Apr-13 18:44:10

Ooh, am I too late to join in?

Weight has crept up since December last year, am off on holiday the middle of May. Have put on 10lbs sad I used to always be 10st, am 5'8", although clothes do still fit, I tried on my bikini,and I look like I'm made of cottage cheese.

Yesterday 10st 10lbs. Next week who knows?

Do you all come along here daily?

ChippingInIsEggceptional Thu 04-Apr-13 18:22:22

WIRL - What's your DP having for breakfast - he could be having a king's breakfast if he wanted to! Lots of protein & fat will keep him full.

BerylStreep Thu 04-Apr-13 12:35:06

Briff is one of those things it is easy to dip in and out of. Enjoy.

He does really good blogs

WhyIRayLiotta Thu 04-Apr-13 09:46:22

I have just bought the John Briffa book - its massive shock will take me a while to get through it!

I am still sticking to my low carb. DP is now trying it too - but he misses his massive bowl of porridge in the morning... says he feels hungry all day without it.

ChippingInIsEggceptional Tue 02-Apr-13 18:58:13

Beryl - no one would want you to feel bad x It's always good to have friends back smile

Loho Which own brand stuff is that? The waitrose own brand stuff I buy is a lot more expensive. John Briffa - Escape the Diet Trap, sorry, I thought we'd talked about it before?! Everyone should read it - it's eye opening. Dead cheap on eBay or free to borrow from the library of course.

MakingMama - Hi smile Nice to see you. Bootcamp low carbing is the biz if you want to join us doing that smile

Makingmama Tue 02-Apr-13 14:07:13

Hello smile Can I join? Have tried a few threads in the past which I've failed to stick to...but now I'm determind!!! Weighed myself this morning so start weight is 63.5kg (10st) - I'm 5ft4.

Have 3 dc under 5 and I'm working 3/4 days a week plus studying with OU 16 hrs a wk...so time is scarce!

Going to try the low carb route but will allow oats and brown rice at first and see how I get on. I've just downloaded 30 day shred on itunes so will attempt that later hopefully!!

Excited now - I REALLY want to lose at least 1 stone and tone up properly.

loho Mon 01-Apr-13 21:12:35

Chipping- yes I love sparkling water! And its mega cheap, I buy the own brand stuff for 20p!
Sorry I have completely have no idea what "briff" is!

Well done everyone! I'm going to try extra hard this week, I'm so easily led off track, must be strong!!!!

BerylStreep Mon 01-Apr-13 20:58:39

Chipping, yes I am watching the bootcamp thread. I will be returning with my tail between my legs though. I did so well last year then cocked it all up.

WhyIRayLiotta Mon 01-Apr-13 19:43:31

Thanks everyone smile

I have been a bit more lax the last 2 days - but going to be strict again from tmr on. Really want to lose at least 3 stone - so having an immediate loss is really encouraging. I just hope I can stick to it long term - when the weight is slower to move!

ChippingInIsEggceptional Mon 01-Apr-13 19:05:03

Loho do you like 'fizzy water'? I love it smile Fruit juice really is the devils work - despite what we've been told all these years. I take it you still haven't read Briff grin

Beryl are you joining us on the Bootcamp thread?

I love Easter Eggs... I've been a bad tempered twat all weekend because I really really wanted one (I'm not really a chocoholic but I am an Easter Eggoholic!) and I have my period - really really not a good combination, but despite MN, the TV, the radio and everyone else banging on about hot cross buns and easter eggs, I've avoided them (I need a gold star please). If Angie Greaves mentions easter eggs once more I'm going to have to reach into the radio and slap her silly! not that I need much provocation, I can't stand her, but I love the music Magic plays < old gimmer

Of course I weighed myself this morning and I've STS <sigh> but then I do when I have my period so it wasn't unexpected. Still - down 20 lbs in 10 weeks so shouldn't complain too much except when I see people like Ray losing 10lbs - 10lbs < well done you!!!! I'm hoping, but certainly not expecting, the woosh fairy might pay me a visit before next weigh in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now