ok, enough is enough, starting the diet tomorrow- does anyone else want to join me for a weekly monday weigh in?!

(79 Posts)
loho Sun 24-Mar-13 21:55:17

i have been saying for ages that im going on a diet, well actually i kind of just plan on eating less/healthier choices and exercising more. i have no clothes that look nice on me anymore and i detest seeing myself in photos.
the time is now! i am now at my biggest i have ever been and im hoping that if i feel i have to check in every week it may give me more motivation,
i know roughly what i weigh but will weigh my self tomorrow morning, i would like to lose around 4 stone (if i achieved this i would still be overweight but it is what i weighed when i met dp)

so... what is your story? how much weight would you like to lose? why?

BoiledEggandToastSoldiers Mon 08-Apr-13 09:43:28

Todays weight 10st 9llbs, lost 1 lb last week

9lbs to get to lower end of ideal weight smile

Makingmama Mon 08-Apr-13 16:11:27

Well done Beryl that's a great loss!

loho try not to worry too much - I've experienced static weight and even gaining a lb when doing a lot of exercise all of a sudden - if you stick with it you will prob start to see the weight drop off in the next week or so. Maybe you can tell us what you've been eating and you can get some pointers? Also I think the lifestyle advisor would be great to see smile

boiledegg well done! Not far to get to 10st!

Have been really good today - break: high protein muesli, lunch: lots of salad with tin of tuna and olive oil, snack: slice of cheese, dinner: lamb, carrot and garlic casserole with roasted squash...very full now!

BerylStreep Mon 08-Apr-13 20:21:30

Loho I keep a food and exercise diary (with daily weight), but don't count calories. It helps me to look back at times when I have lost weight really easily to see what I was doing / eating. It also helps if you stall or start to go the other way - it can help identify what the cause may be.

Have you had a look at any of the bootcamp threads? I find it works for me, but it's a sort of all or nothing way of eating - you can't really have porridge in the morning, or pasta.

BerylStreep Tue 16-Apr-13 20:36:44

Am I the only one here?

I was about another kilo down, but I have been up a kilo, down a kilo over the last week or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now