5:2 starting today

(112 Posts)
linkainka Sat 23-Mar-13 16:04:05

Hi
I've just finished reading the book. What a revelation!
Fasting today. Looking forward to eating tomorrow.
Would love to hear about your experiences. Xxxx

linkainka Tue 26-Mar-13 18:01:36

Hi little friend Susan

Well done! Four weeks. That's amazing xx
I use fitness pal too buy only on fast days.
I seem to always go a little over 500 though. I like to have an options hot choc at the end of the day. That's about 40 kcal. It helps me sleep xx

linkainka Tue 26-Mar-13 18:04:20

Hi housewife xx I'm not fasting today either. I had a chicken curry ( homemade ) for tea.
Surprisingly, I didn't eat as much as I normally do and there is plenty left over for lunch tomorrow. This 'diet' is quite amazing. A few days on and my perspective on food is changing xxx

LittleFriendSusan Tue 26-Mar-13 19:43:41

I've also found I eat less on non-fast days. Can only be a good thing!

Linka - I log all weekdays on MFP, but don't generally bother at the weekend...

MidnightMasquerader Tue 26-Mar-13 20:18:17

I'm starting on my second fast day today (I'm in NZ so half a day ahead of you guys).

I'm slightly gutted as I had some marmite delivered in yesterday's shop - a huuuuge deal, as marmite has been out of circulation here for well over a year (2 years?!) due to the factory being pretty much destroyed in the Christchurch earthquake and it's finally come back on the shelves and I was looking forward to my first slice of toast so much!! Will just have to wait until lunch. grin

VivaLeBeaver Tue 26-Mar-13 22:52:56

I fasted today.

Had a broccoli and kidney bean salad for lunch, low fat natural yoghurt and lemon juice for dressing.

Then omelette at dinner.

Also had a banana and a pear.

Walked for 80 mins briskly this morning as well.

LittleFriendSusan Wed 27-Mar-13 09:04:02

Morning all smile

Fast day for me today. Having crispbread and Philadelphia with salad (lemon juice dressing) & cup a soup for lunch. Then soup again for dinner - have swapped fast days this week because of Easter etc, but didn't think it through when meal planning! Had scheduled in fish fingers & chips for tonight, which somehow I don't think I can get away with on a fast day! So soup it is grin.

Good luck to anyone else fasting today!

monster54 Wed 27-Mar-13 09:41:48

Hey girls,

Fasting today.....rough night with DC so I think its going to be fuelled mainly by nescafe...

I've got fresh M and S soup 240 cals for the whole lot!! So half at late lunch time and then the other half tonight with a slice of bread....

The rest of the cals will be going to support my need for copious amounts of coffee!

Going to try and go at least 16 hours...

LittleFriendSusan Wed 27-Mar-13 11:06:14

Hi monster - drink it black, no sugar = no cals!! I'm on my 4th cup this morning blush..

monster54 Wed 27-Mar-13 12:41:49

Ha ha!!! I'm going to have the jitters by the time bed time rocks up. Hope DC sleeps better tonight thank god for a short working week!!!

I try to go no milk but find it hard going so I alternate black and white with a sweetner!!

How is everyone else doing? Buckled and had my soup early...was v tasty a lot more satisfying than the crappy cuppa soups for around the same cals!!!

linkainka Wed 27-Mar-13 17:34:08

Hi
I'm fasting tomorrow which is Thursday. Anyone the same? Xx

MidnightMasquerader Wed 27-Mar-13 17:45:15

I fasted yesterday, and found it really tough. I had lunch at 12 and I think it's too early. I find the morning fine and don't get hungry at all, so need to push lunch back, I think.

Didn't help that I was baking up a storm for the arrival of my MIL today...!

HousewifeFromArimathea Wed 27-Mar-13 20:12:00

Yes I'm fasting tomorrow Link smile

Midnight how are you going to resist all your cakes??

Hello to everyone else too I'm on my phone so can't check back up thread very easily!

As I said fast tomorrow so no doubt ill be on here all day as I won't have the energy for anything else

Still kids had rare KFC tonight and I had.....omelette!!!

linkainka Wed 27-Mar-13 20:45:37

Good luck tomorrow housewife xx

I'm quite amazed at this really. On non fast days I eat well and often but I don't binge on biscuits or junk anymore.
Weird :/ xxx

VivaLeBeaver Wed 27-Mar-13 22:36:47

Ok so a non fasting day for me today.

I had weetabix.
Goats cheese omelette and chocolate brownie.
Banana
Cheese sandwich
Pear

I weighed myself for the first time in about a year. 13 stone2lbs which is v depressing.

linkainka Thu 28-Mar-13 05:40:39

Don't worry Viva. It will come off. Lets stick together and support each other. An early morn start for me and I'm fasting xxx

LittleFriendSusan Thu 28-Mar-13 07:15:38

Good luck today housewife & link smile

I struggled a bit last night: made lovely tomato & lentil soup & some cheese scones: had worked out I could have 1 but there were leftovers and I really wanted one!! Managed to resist, but it was tough...

Non fast today: just had lovely bowl of porridge with fresh fruit, Greek yoghurt & handful of mixed seeds. Leftover soup for lunch & fish fingers & chips for dinner!

monster54 Thu 28-Mar-13 08:00:29

Don't worry viva...it'll come off. I find setting myself small closer goals far more motivating than the 'big ultimate goal'....so by May I'd like to have lost 7lbs....

Rather than thinking oh god I've got another stone and half to go urrrggghhhh!!!

Fast day yesterday was a doodle surprisingly...I will struggle today though..eating day and I'm still tired...can see some comfort stuffing happening!!!

Does anyone else try to continue a 16 hour fast even on non fast days? So I ate at 8pm last night, hold off breaking the fast till 12 today???

HousewifeFromArimathea Thu 28-Mar-13 11:40:22

I AM STARVING

HousewifeFromArimathea Thu 28-Mar-13 11:40:40

CLOSE TO DEATH

linkainka Thu 28-Mar-13 12:25:01

Hold on there....I am so hungry too. Have been teaching all morning and didn't have breakfast so as soon as I am finished with this last lesson I will have a porridge. STARVED!!!!!!!!!

monster54 Thu 28-Mar-13 13:30:44

You can do this ladies.....glass of cold water before you eat, help fill you up.....

linkainka Fri 29-Mar-13 06:49:21

How did it go housewife? Xxx

linkainka Sun 31-Mar-13 07:06:23

Happy Easter everyone. Hope no one is fasting today xxxxxx

newbiefrugalgal Sun 31-Mar-13 16:57:17

I'm starting on Tuesday. Just doing my planning now.

linkainka Sun 31-Mar-13 19:51:34

Good luck newbie. I'm fasting again tomorrow xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now