30 Day Squat Challenge - anyone up for it?!

(155 Posts)
catanddog Tue 19-Mar-13 09:52:41

Anyone fancy trying the 30 day Squat Challenge with me (Google it!) My bottom could certainly do with some toning, and having heard about this I thought I might give it a go....
So here's the deal -

Day 1-50 squats
Day 2-55 squats
Day 3-60 squats
Day 4-Rest
Day 5-70 squats
Day 6-75 squats
Day 7-80 squats
Day 8-Rest
Day 9-100 squats
Day 10-105 squats
Day 11-110 squats
Day 12-Rest
Day 13-130 squats
Day 14-135 squats
Day 15- 140 squats
Day 16-Rest
Day 17-150 squats
Day 18- 155 squats
Day 19- 160 squats
Day 20-Rest
Day 21- 180 squats
Day 22- 185 squats
Day 23- 190 squats
Day 24-Rest
Day 25- 220 squats
Day 26- 225 squats
Day 27- 230 squats
Day 28-Rest
Day 29- 240 squats
Day 30- 250 squats

70 done. My legs are really feeling it now. I'm not sure I'm setting any differences yet though

catanddog Sat 23-Mar-13 19:22:09

70 done too, didn't find it too bad, although the crunches weren't fun!

Bugsylugs Sat 23-Mar-13 22:59:19

70 done am just going up and down no holding. Will on the next 30 days

HeySoulSister Sun 24-Mar-13 10:28:22

Did my 70 last night...

So how many of us are left!? grin

LillethTheCat Sun 24-Mar-13 10:38:08

Wish I had seen this thread earlier so I could have joined in at the same time. I might however do this next week, is there a 30 day sit-up challenge, its my tummy area that needs work.

<goes off to google>

purples Sun 24-Mar-13 10:48:16

Ended up only doing the squats yesterday,then was interrupted by DD so didn't get a chance to do any crunches.

I think we're on day 6 now, so plan to do 75 squats and hopefully 75 crunches.

Earlier in the thread sleepwhenidie said to keep behind toes for the squats, I've found thats a great piece of advice, as I sometimes find myself wanting to lean forward and keep having to correct my positioning, I also finding it useful to have arms out infront for the squat.

I dread wonder what 250 will feel like!

purples Sun 24-Mar-13 10:50:39

Also read that you should keep weight on your heels and not on your toes, again thats helping me to stop leaning forward.

Good luck everyone with the exercises today.

HeySoulSister Sun 24-Mar-13 11:51:58

Yes you should push back up through the heels

I'm getting a bit breathless now doing them. Plan to do shred tonight first so I'm more warmed up. Then 75!

I'm having to do another rest day today sad my legs are really stiff and couldn't do 7 squats never mind 75, will have to pick up later this eve or more likely Timorese

Tomorrow even

Did my 70 yesterday, tbh i still dont think im doin it right, could someone let me no how they r doin it please? Just so i no.

Still not good at the crunches lol maybe ill do 20 squats then 20 crunches an so forth see how it goes

catanddog Sun 24-Mar-13 19:43:17

Did my 75 today, and 75 crunches too, wasn't too bad!

inquisitive imagine you are lowering yourself to hover over a nasty loo seat to do a weesmile, "sit" backwards/down with your feet flat on the floor. At its fullest point you would end up squatting right down with your bum almost touching the floor and calves/back of thighs touching but just go as low as you can. Then push back up through your heels to standing straight and repeat.

Imagine your head is running up and down a vertical cord, so very little forward/backward movement. And as previously said, don't let your knees go forward over your toes.

Also, plenty of YouTube clips to demonstrate I'm sure...

Bugsylugs Sun 24-Mar-13 23:00:41

Just done my 75 am going down to thighs nearly parallel with the floor. Have a lot of wobble space so am not sure I will see a difference. Not done crunches aim is to do the 30 days then start again with run hoes and maybe weight.

Am also getting breathless

Bugsylugs Sun 24-Mar-13 23:01:21

Oops crunchier not run hoes

purples Mon 25-Mar-13 08:14:48

Day 7, so I'm going to try for 80 today.

I think I'm in the correct position for the squats, thanks for the brilliant advice sleepwhenidie.
I know I'm probably still not going down quite as far as i should, but as my muscles get used to this exercise I'm getting a little lower each day.

Tomorrow is a rest day smile, but I still plan to do some crunches, as I only did some squats on Sat and missed out the crunches.

HeySoulSister Mon 25-Mar-13 08:20:13

I'm off to a boot camp fitness thing in the park today. Regardless of snow!

Will do my 80 when I'm home and warmed up!!

As long as you are going down as far as you can under control it will be working purples smile. Form is everything.

HeySoulSister Mon 25-Mar-13 11:52:36

Boot camp was fun .... Jumping squats!! Lol

Anyway, I'm lost, is today a rest day. Last night I did 80 squats for some reason

Well I didnt do any over the weekend, today Ive done 80 squats and 80 crunches. I'll prob keep doing them through the week and use a day at the wknd as a rest day grin

catanddog Mon 25-Mar-13 13:44:51

Done my 80 squats, saving my crunches for later! Keep up the good work everyone....

purples Tue 26-Mar-13 07:08:47

Welcome to Day 8, rest day.

I plan to do the crunches I missed out on Saturday.
I can definitely feel a difference in my bum/thighs already, but I think that's mainly because I'm not very fit, and so a little exercise makes a difference. wink

purples Tue 26-Mar-13 07:12:39

Just noticed it jumps to 100 squats tomorrow!!!

Did my 100 crunches and squats this morning but forgot to check in blush

McPie Tue 26-Mar-13 15:55:16

Oooooh just found this and it looks good. I love Metafit and this will make a great addition to my Tough Mudder training.
Have found an Ab one with sit ups, push ups and planks as well as one with squats and burpees (googled 30 day squat challenge images).
Just remember when you squat to keep your chest up and eyes constantly on one spot on the wall and knees behind toes at all times, my boxfit instructor stuffed his knee up recently showing bad squat form. I wouldn't worry too much about doing them continuously just as long as you get through them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now