Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - The Final Weigh-In!

(980 Posts)
BIWI Mon 18-Mar-13 08:27:31

So here it is - come and weigh in for the last time and tell us how much you've lost in Bootcamp.

The Spreadsheet of Fabulousness is here

AuntieMaggie Tue 23-Apr-13 10:01:22

A week sad (well two but separate occasions)

A bit wary of taking stuff all that way with me and I don't know what the room is like til I get to the hotel. Though it may help the first day

BIWI Tue 23-Apr-13 08:22:56

New thread is here

If you don't want to join the Summer Bootcamp, that's fine, but I thought it best that we only have one thread on the go at any one time - if the next Bootcamp is anything like this one, the first two weeks will be pretty full on and there will be so many threads going (chat/weigh-in, Q&A and recipes) that I didn't want to over-clutter the boards!

AuntieMaggie how long will you be there for? Will you be in your own car? If you are, I'd look at taking a coolbox/bag with me, and taking stuff like hard boiled eggs, packets of cooked ham/fish, etc. Also, check out local supermarkets to see if they have a rotisserie section. Although a lot of them now insist on doing all their chicken with some kind of flavouring on it, if you can get one that just plain, it makes a lovely low carb lunch, along with a bag of salad. (Take a bottle of your own vinaigrette to use with it)

AuntieMaggie Tue 23-Apr-13 08:19:17

Morning.

I'm off to Peterborough in a few weeks though will be visiting different sites in the area. I've checked out the work canteens and they don't have any/much low carb options. So given that I'll probably be stuck in the office during lunch what can I do?

prettybird Tue 23-Apr-13 08:16:20

Let's just say I'm very motivated doing ubercamp..... grin

BIWI Tue 23-Apr-13 08:15:55

This thread doesn't have much room left on it, so I'm going to start another one. I need to start one for people to sign up for the Summer Bootcamp so you can all carry on chatting on that one.

BIWI Tue 23-Apr-13 08:14:31

Oh you've got ages then grin

prettybird Tue 23-Apr-13 08:00:17

Day 1 of ubercamp today. Just enjoyed my omelette (minus the mushrooms horrible things wink) and sitting with a cup of rooibos (no milk of course grin).

Tried "the dress" on last night. It was better than last week in that I didn't have to hoik my boobs up into the buxom wench effect in order to do the buttons up, but they were still under a bit too much strain and gaping very slightly.

4 days until the ball. smile

thekitchenfairy Tue 23-Apr-13 06:03:15

Hello BIWI, ladies all...

Jake have you tried a sort of Greek salad for your DS.? Mine also like smoked salmon trimmings mixed with cream cheese.. Good with all sorts of crudités

Bit green at thought of BIWI and heir too off to France

Good luck with your interview Black, you will be fabulous grin

Lovely to see so many of you from January's bootcamp,still here

BIWI Mon 22-Apr-13 16:34:35

I generally don't eat breakfast these days, Heir, so can happily forego croissants/pain au chocolate/baguette. A cup of coffee is enough for me.

I usually find that French restaurants are just as easy to eat in as English ones, (always assuming that you're avoiding fast food outlets!). Steak and salad (no frites, obviously) is a great choice. And all that yummy cheese, of course!

HeirToTheIronThrone Mon 22-Apr-13 16:30:30

How odd BIWI - perhaps you can give me some low carb coping tips in the land of bread and pain au chocolat smile

BIWI Mon 22-Apr-13 16:13:15

Oh - I'm off to France on Thursday too, Heir!

JaxTellerIsAllMine Mon 22-Apr-13 15:53:05

I have just had the most delicious salad. Who knew those words would EVER come out of my mouth?! grin

Those little baby piquant peppers filled with goats cheese, 3 of those, some olives, few bits of chopped chorizo, sun dried toms and a splash of oil. Im full!

I had forgotten how much I love this WOE, yes it takes some thinking but I feel GOOD. Havent weighed myself since the shock of last Monday, I will though.

HeirToTheIronThrone Mon 22-Apr-13 14:10:20

Hi all, have been THOROUGHLY off plan on a surprise hen weekend with my lovely friend - she is very pregnant and unable to come on the proper one, so whisked me off for a wonderful day out that featured pancakes, then a trip to the Harry Potter studios (Butterbeer is NOT LC I fear smile) then the most delicious meal out where I had toast with my pate and a whole pudding... Not even weighing myself til next Monday but I had a brilliant time! Back on it today - greek yog this morning then just scarfed down a big salad with avocado and some very garlicky salami. We're going to France for a few days on Thursday so looking forward to masses of cheese and pate and steak and wine
Back on Monday just in time for bootcamp!

MaryBeardfanclub Mon 22-Apr-13 13:37:04

jake my car is broke too, total nightmare. How can just breaking sharply break an engine?

re your ds, I have tried so many things for my carb loving ds1 - he just likes shit in a box grin (although we only have puffed wheat - no salt/no suger/ no taste) - but he will eat sausages until the cows come home. We have mostly cut out pasta too but it is really difficult to find LC things he will eat. EG I made lovely pork belly for lunch yesterday, lots of lovely cracking - served with rice for the kids and cauli cheese & buttered cabbage. Ds1 ate the rice sad then had about 8 jam tarts that we made that morning cos he was hungry in the afternoon.

I cant wait for bootcamp - I am going to really try to cut out sweetener in my tea. That is my mission.

congrats AuntieMaggie that is a fantastic loss

AuntieMaggie Mon 22-Apr-13 12:20:50

I don't think so as I've had them several times this weekend. Maybe eggs alone means I can't digest my tablets properly iyswim?

JakeBullet Mon 22-Apr-13 10:22:48

That looks delish Black

BlackAffronted Mon 22-Apr-13 10:20:53

Ohhh this thread is going to be too full soon!

I am having this for lunch today saucy fish co haddock, its something like 1.6g carbs per portion!

Ohh I am going to try that bacon-weave quasidilla grin

BIWI Mon 22-Apr-13 09:25:26

Do you think you are allergic to/intolerant of eggs?

AuntieMaggie Mon 22-Apr-13 09:20:43

Better thank you.

The only real difference is I haven't had eggs for breakfast I've had yogurt and blueberries instead so I think I probably do need just a little more carbs than I was having.

I haven't been drinking enough water though so thats this weeks challenge!

BIWI Mon 22-Apr-13 09:08:47

How are you feeling, btw?

BIWI Mon 22-Apr-13 09:08:37

thanks
Brilliant!

prettybird Mon 22-Apr-13 09:05:33

That's brilliant Auntmaggie smile

I'm about to go onto ubercamp - still not lost the few extra pounds I need to in order to get into my Nicole Farhi dress without damaging it on Saturday hmm

AuntieMaggie Mon 22-Apr-13 08:53:20

Morning ladies smile

After 3 days ubercamping and bootcamp light for the rest of the week I have lost 8lbs! grin

And I've eaten out twice too but had a mixed grill or steak and eggs and not felt deprived at all!

BIWI I bloody love you!

JakeBullet Mon 22-Apr-13 08:22:09

Pepperami fine too, I made chicken satay before and he hated it plus I got a telling off from the school about peanuts <doh>! Might make some chicken tikka as he likes Indian food.

look - bacon weave quesadillas

haven't tried it, and yes it's processed meat, but looks like an interesting idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now