New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - The Final Weigh-In!

(980 Posts)
BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Mon 18-Mar-13 08:27:31

So here it is - come and weigh in for the last time and tell us how much you've lost in Bootcamp.

The Spreadsheet of Fabulousness is here

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Tue 09-Apr-13 12:07:23

Nigella. Stop with the negative thinking!

2.5lbs is brilliant whatever it is. And you're back on the wagon, which is fantastic.

flowers

nigellas STOP WITH THE DISCLAIMER!!!

2.5 lbs whoop whoop that is on fifth of a stone - wowsers grin

carbalanche Tue 09-Apr-13 16:45:17

Been on holiday. Fell off the wagon - completely. Feeling sick today and have had some toast and drinking gallons of fizzy water. 2 weeks ago was 12st 3.5 - today am 12st 8.5 (but that's without having eaten until about an hour ago so if I'd have weighed first thing this morning I reckon it would have been 12st 9.5/10)

Anyway, I need to get back on the wagon AGAIN. Twice, after lapses, I've been strict with myself and managed to lose 8 pounds in a week. Be fab if that happened again but am doubtful to be honest. But need to get this sickness out the way first.

I've been away on holiday - there was chocolate because it was Easter - it's a classic time to wobble and I just have to accept it happened and then move on again. It would be all too easy to be all self-defeating and give in but I promised myself I would be 11stone something by the start of the next Bootcamp!!

Hope everyone else who has lapsed manages to get back in the saddle again.

halfthesize Tue 09-Apr-13 17:07:28

Just popping into to say hi, will catch up on thread later, well done Nigella smile

Ruprekt Tue 09-Apr-13 17:28:04

<<feels ignored after 20lb weightloss>>

<<realises she is being needy and needs her hair stroked again>>

prettybird Tue 09-Apr-13 17:42:00

That's brilliant Rupekt - it feels good, doesn't it?! smile. I was really pleased with the results of my first Boot Camp - am currently trying to remind myself that I can't expect the same results in the next Boot Camp even though I really want to get to my target which is only one stone and one pound away wink

Oblomov Tue 09-Apr-13 18:20:11

Benchmarking. Need a no carb, and I mean zero carb diet to follow. Have read the Dr Bernstein book for diabetes and am just plucking up enough courage to start.
Am worried I just be able to do it. I need I am going to need alot of help and support.
Am mid cooking dinner - roasting celeriac ancd courgettes.
Will come back later, and try and read all the old boot camp threads.

Whoop whoop ruprekt 20lbs hurrah!!!!!!

<Soz for not celebrating earlier>

oblomov welcome - another diabetic here (type II), i'r also read his book and found it useful. Remember though that it isn't zero carbs, you'll be getting your carbs from veg and far fewer of them. Hand holding galore as needed. Fwiw my bloods are the lowest and stablist they have ever been.

Ruprekt Tue 09-Apr-13 18:53:34

gringringringringrin Yay!

B - omelette with 2 eggs, pancetta cubes and cheese
L - salad
D - gammon, egg, broccoli, cauliflower cheese and paprika celeriac chips!

Not had enough water yet but still got time, probably have Greek yoghurt and vanilla powder later!

Yama Netherlands Tue 09-Apr-13 19:22:06

Welcome Oblomov. I remember thinking that I wasn't ready to start, just prior to the 7th Jan Bootcamp. I was going to do my way - by just giving up processed carbs. However, through reading I decided just to jump straight in. It really is easy. And of course very enjoyable and satisfying. smile

Luckily, I had dh on board. Actually, he was about a month ahead of me as he believed he had candida and that starving body of sugar was the cure.

I have come to realise that dairy isn't that good for me so have had to look for alternative fat sources. Duck and goose fat, extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil are the types of fat I add to my food.

Today:
B - scrambled eggs with duck fat and beef
L - Sausages with a spinach salad and cheese
D - Bolognaise with leftover red and sweetheart cabbage.

ChocsandChipsandSealingWax Tue 09-Apr-13 20:03:49

Need to change my name back before the Chocs bit subliminally gets me into more sugary twattery!

Haven't been toooo bad (only two pounds on) but lots of wrong stuff over easter - chocolate, pizza...

Actually though everything that had potato in - dauphinoise, mash etc- I found really dull and just craved the low carb version. I might have liked the roasties but DH screwed them up and instead of being fluffy and crunchy they were a bit hard yet soggy. So am happy not to have them again for a while grin

Glad you liked the tartiflette BIWI! Mary I did a veggie version with more root veg (turnip, swede) and that had good enough flavour to it to do without the lardons.

Thanks for all the cauliflower recipes! Will definitely try roast and also like Ewan's idea of doing it with halloumi.

Tonight chicken marinaded in rose petal harrisa with salad and tomato salsa (and sweetcorn fritters for DH).

Ahhh, that's better!

Oblomov Tue 09-Apr-13 20:22:35

Thanks for the welcome Yama and Poirot.
I am findinding it quite confusing.
Poirot (nice to meet another diabetic, - I am a type 1, since aged 1, and have been on a pump for the last 10 years- I have grown up on a high fibre low fat diet, and this Bernsteins diet is like turning everything I have ever known on its head)
Poirot, when you say I will get the carbs, and thus I will need to give myself SOME insulin on my pump, what do you mean? How do I know how much insulin I am supposed to give?
I have never given insulin before for things like parsnips etc.

Many people mention tomatoes. But Bernstein says no. Nuts? Bernstein says no? Definitely not peanut butter then?
Sweetcorn fritters? Sweetcorn is a big no for Bernstein.

So alot of the recipes people are posting contains things that the Bernstein book says not to eat.

I live off carbs. I eat meat and vega nd fish, but also nothing but rice, pasta, curry, chilli, roasts , garlic bread etc.
The thought of living of meat/fish and VERY limited vg, and a stir fry and very few other varietes of meal, fills me with dred.

Just been catching up on the thread more.

Well done to Ruprekt and congratulations to Humph! Very exciting!

Oblomov - none for me, yes sweetcorn no no no - just for DH who is not low-carbing and veggie.

Tomatoes also not good when you are starting - I am on maintenance.

And sorry forgot to say welcome! Am posting in the middle of stirring fritters etc.

I am a total sugary twat.

Just can't seem to heft myself back onto the wagon post easter. I get the meals sorted and then just eat shedloads of cakey/biscuity things inbetween. I am struggling with DD's tantrums and think it is emotional eating, I'm not hungry sad

I don't actually mind being more relaxed about meals and mindfully including some carbier ingredients. It's the compulsive mindless bloody sugar snacking that is pissing me off and I want to stop.

Someone slap me.

BAB is all very well, as it fills me up nicely. But I then eat all the extra shit anyway which totally defeats the point and is prob actually even worse as I have had so much more breakfast AS WELL!

Bessie123 Tue 09-Apr-13 21:10:43

I am also being a massive sugary twat today. I have decided to go with it and try to be strict tomorrow.

I did make some really good Parmesan shortbread. I used strong cheddar instead of Parmesan, added some chives, and used half ground almonds, half coconut flour. It wasn't shortbread like at all, more a cross between flatbread and pastry, but it was very nice

Bessie123 Tue 09-Apr-13 21:13:19

spiltthetea emotional eating for me, as well.

Dp is being a twat, my job interview was cancelled at short notice (but hopefully will be re-arranged) and the stupid wankers who fired me but put me on 3 months' garden leave decided not to pay me for this month because they are incompetent scumbags. They won't return my calls so if they don't pay me by the end of the week I will have to bring a claim against them in the employment tribunal, which will cost £1000. Shit day.

TreeLuLa Tue 09-Apr-13 21:23:52

Well done Ruprekt!!

Day one of fishy Ubercamping complete.

grin

Doshusallie Tue 09-Apr-13 21:32:09

[Wanders back in]

Hi all.

Haven't weighed, only doing it once a week on a Friday to avoid obsessing but have been 9 3 for the last 3 Fridays so ok with that. It is clearly 'my weight'.

Still drinking too much for strict boot amp, but food has been fine. But very very samey and dull. Feel I need to be back on these threads for food inspiration.

Today have had:

B - 2 boiled eggs
L - lettuce, celery, cucumber salad with mayo and chopped smoked sausage
Tea - bowl of homemade cauliflower and leek soup
Snacks - handful of almonds, pepperami, tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 gin and slimline.

I seem to overdo processed food one day and dairy another. Need a more balanced approach.

Oh bessie how shite. Not surprised it has sent you off the rails food wise. I just know I need to find other ways to cope with stuff than just eating eating eating.

I am going to try cleaning instead, my house is a shittip which is frankly contributing to the miserable comfort eating. The kitchen is the only clean and tidy bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now