New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - The Final Weigh-In!

(980 Posts)
BIWI Mon 18-Mar-13 08:27:31

So here it is - come and weigh in for the last time and tell us how much you've lost in Bootcamp.

The Spreadsheet of Fabulousness is here

FrantasticO Fri 29-Mar-13 22:07:02

Have been browsing!
What a fantastic resource biwi has put together, there is so much information.
Now to get my head round the fact that butter is allowed and diet coke isn't.
Makes sense I suppose when you read all the back catalogue of info about insulin spikes and feeling full.
More research to be done, then onward to boot camp!

hi all, have been absent from this thread for months now, but can report that my back is almost better, although my waist is definitely not. Relying on others to provide food, cook and being horizontal means that LC went out the window.

Just need a bit of encouragement to get back on this and eating the way I was back last year... and I know the weight will come off again. Bad habits have resumed so after Easter weekend I pledge to start again, like Jesus. grin

Hope everyone is well.

ChocsandChipsandSealingWax Sat 30-Mar-13 08:18:26

Welcome Fran and welcome back Jax!

I am so happy - just weighed myself and have not put on a single pound in the last couple of manic weeks! I love this WOE! Have not been amazingly scientific about my maintenance programme - no careful and monitored reintroduction of certain carbs - more the odd off the scale blip (DS2s birthday cake) but sticking to the WOE most of the time.

Anyone looking for a deeply satisfying weekend brunch, do try the croque Monsieur - recipe now on recipe thread. You could probably fiddle around with egg and cauliflower to make some bechamel to be more authentic if you wanted.

BlackAffronted Sat 30-Mar-13 09:51:16

Steak, eggs and a cup of peppermint green tea - perfect start to the day grin

Tomorrow is going to be a real test - I know I wll want a nibble of chocolate sad Will resist though. Planning a tasty roast dinner with chicken, celeriac fondant, roast neep and buttery leeks.

Ruprekt Sat 30-Mar-13 09:57:41

About to have BAB!

Eggs, sausage, bacon and mushrooms with decaff coffee.

Will avoid lunch.

Dinner (parents are coming)

Smoked trout with poached egg and aspapragus.

Osso bucco with traditional risotto for non low carbers or celeriac and swede mash for low carbers, broccoli

Pannettone bread and butter pudding - none for me

Cheese board with parmesan shortbread

smilesmile

halfthesize Sat 30-Mar-13 10:03:10

welcome Frangrin

halfthesize Sat 30-Mar-13 10:06:06

welcome back jax I'm sure it won't take long to get back in the swing of this woewink glad to hear your feeling better thanks

MrsHeggulePoirot Sat 30-Mar-13 10:43:50

Welcome Fran.

Waves at Jax - loving the Jesus pledge, me too!!!

AuntieMaggie Sat 30-Mar-13 11:20:53

Morning smile

blackaffronted your whey pancakes have saved me this morning so thank you so much. Was about to have something like porridge for breakfast as I was hungry but couldn't face bacon or eggs and thought I'd try these - they're yummy and not at all eggy! (I'm not sure ground almonds are strictly bootcamp but if it stops me eating anything else...) Have you tried them with cinnamon or anything? Might try that tomorrow! BTW this is a massive compliment to you as my DP make the best normal pancakes smile

tea cauli cheese might work... I'm going to have to do something... will look for a recipe thank you smile

I would love an easter biscuit to dunk in a cup of tea but I am going to resist and not have any (even though they are my favourite biscuit ever) and I don't have any easter eggs in the house because I don't have any children. The closest I have is DPs energy bars! So fingers crossed I can get through the weekend without eating anything I shouldn't... though I am going out for drinks on Sunday but will have dark rum and soda...

Arf at all the Jesus pledges grin
I think I need to make one of those.
One "feck it" moment followed by another these last couple of days. Today was a big family party and I pigged out in general. But fell pretty much face first into desserts. 2 helpings (small ones!) of cheesecake, 2 helpings of fruit salad, 1 piece of fruit cake and a one spoon taster of a chocolate pud.
Bugger. It was a bit "hanged for a sheep as a lamb" I think... and utterly yum.

We are still staying with family tomorrow but shouldn't be too bad - bacon & eggs for breakfast and roast beef for lunch. Not sure about tea.

And come Monday I shall join my fellow Jesus's on an eggs, meat and green veg diet! Had buttered broccoli and boiled eggs for supper tonight <tries to nake amends>

<necks water>
I am very bloated but then again, I utterly deserve it! blush

ChippingInIsEggceptional Sat 30-Mar-13 20:33:06

tea - you do make life hard for yourself my love! I suppose at least you enjoyed it smile Glug glug glug x

Rup - at least it was something homemade and 'worth it', not some dire shop bought tasteless thing.

Frano - welcome smile Have you read the John Briffa book - Escape the Diet Trap? Cheap as cheese on eBay and free to borrow from the library - well worth a read!

Jax Welcome back my friend - good to see you again. Glad your back is a lot better - you can soon sort your waist out!!

Lots of nodding, hugging, laughing and congratulations to everyone else!!

I'm finding Easter the hardest 'event' - I'm not a huge chocolholic and I haven't really missed it this past 2 months but I love Easter Egg Chocolate (I don't know why it tastes different, it just does!), but I'm keeping the Big Picture in view and promising myself a small buttons easter egg next year - it'll soon be here again!

ChippingInIsEggceptional Sat 30-Mar-13 20:34:03

AuntieMaggie - what is an Easter Biscuit?

AuntieMaggie Sat 30-Mar-13 20:45:40

Its sort of like a big round shortbread biscuit with cinnamon and spices and raisins covered in sugar.. very nice in tea and only around at Easter (allegedly)

MaryBeardfanclub Sat 30-Mar-13 21:36:40

mmm Auntie that biscuit sounds lovely, I used to bake those and eat the lot whilst still warm!!

ruprekt your menu sounds really delicious, especially the starter yum. I have filed osso bucco in my brain for the next visit to the butcher - can hardly believe that I would look forward so much to visiting a place I turned my nose up at for 16 years as a vegetarian.

dp went to lidl tonight and brought back some Ecudorean 81% choc, not bad at half the price of G&B

1 week of sleep training and ds2 seems to be the exception that proves the rule - waking up 3-4 times before midnight the last 2 nights, why? ds1 exhausted and naughty all day as a consequence. I'm positively looking forward to the teenage years

B: mocque monsieur with oopsie rolls (bit dry, forgot the mustard or mayo)
L: sausages and hm coleslaw (I love the hm coleslaw from the recipe thread, the vinegar just makes it sensational), greek yog with strawberries and blueberries
D: left over lamb casserole with almond dumplings and lc cauli cheese, buttered cabbage
plus about 50 cups of tea

ChippingInIsEggceptional Sun 31-Mar-13 09:08:17

AuntieMaggie - thanks smile I'll have mine without all the 'bits' though thanks! One with a brew right now sounds lovely. Weight has STS, other health things not great (main reason for LC in the first place) and I'm seriously pissed off about not having several an Easter Egg this year - I love Easter Eggs, I'd give up all chocolate for the rest of the year if I could have Easter Eggs - cadbury's one with buttons inside sad [Oh and in the name of honesty, if it was just LC for weight loss, I'd have had an Easter Egg by now!! I am not that saintly grin ]

MaryBeardFC - lc must certainly be lot easier as a 'no longer veggie', it's hard work as a veggie <no eggs> << Not even Easter ones <sob>

It's sunny here - I need to go for a good long walk, but really, really can't summons up the energy. Sooooo tired. I hope your DS2 starts sleeping through for you. What are you doing when he wakes up? - silently laying him back down, no bottle (sippy cup with water if you think he's genuinely thirsty), no cuddles, no chatting etc!? (Remind me again how old he is)

halfthesize Sun 31-Mar-13 09:35:07

smile Happy Easter

Mary I LOVE that Lidl 81% choc, it's so good. Much better than the Lindt 90% I also have. And bargainous.

chipping sad I feel your pain on the easter eggs. WHY does easter egg choc taste so much better?? I love the little buttons eggs with the pic of the chick on the side. That is the one DH always gets me. But not this year <sob>
This year we are having rare roast rib of beef at the inlaws <<brightens considerably>>

Still glugging my water, belt feels a bit tight! But otherwise all good, no cramps or anything.

MrsHeggulePoirot Sun 31-Mar-13 12:12:38

Happy Easter everyone! I may have made some hot cross buns and possibly eaten some...

Chugging the water back today. My parents gave dd an Easter egg and gave us nuts and olives - really thoughtful of them! We ate having a weekend of roasts - duck last night with red cabbage, leeks and peas in a cheesy sauce and broccoli. Today roast lamb with cabbage (there will be carrots, roast potatoes and yotkshires too for everyone else), tomorrow roast beef at my parents!!

DD (3) soooo excited about the Easter bunny leaving an egg hunt and present in her little outside house (bunny ears, a maisy mouse book, and some little chicks to play with on her farm!). She squealed when she saw the signs!!!

TreeLuLa Sun 31-Mar-13 15:14:18

Well DH and I had a bottle of cava between us last night and I had 1/2 a Green and Blacks (71%) drk choc egg.

And this morning I have put on 2lbs

Gah!

Had a good day today though been eating lots (lo carb though) to avoid the chocolate eggs of the DCs.

teaandthorazine Sun 31-Mar-13 18:44:40

Happy Easter everyone!

Luckily was feeling a lot better by yesterday evening, so enjoyed my green spice chicken tikka, aubergine bhaji and saag paneer very much. Also enjoyed a sneaky little onion bhaji and two g&ts but no rice, naan, beer or pud!

Today had not been great as there has been a fair bit of chocolate involved, unsurprisingly! But most of it has been 70% green & blacks so not tooooo bad wink

Am now cooking roast garlic chicken, with creamy blue cheese leeks, roasted veg and spring greens. Bit of a mishmash but it smells great!

BlackAffronted Sun 31-Mar-13 20:27:41

AuntMaggie, I do add cinnamon to the pancakes, makes them taste even more delicious smile I try to only have them once a week, because of teh almonds. I let them go cold & slather loads of butter on top ... amazing grin

I am a sugary twat. Tomorrow is another day though, and I will be my usual, LC lovliness again smile

MaryBeardfanclub Sun 31-Mar-13 20:49:31

chipping thank goodness I am no longer veggie, dp is mainly veggie and I am permanently stumped for ideas for him that are lc - we went through a phase of tofu dipped in egg and fried with an oriental sauce but then I found out that unfermented soy is totally toxic - so aside from cheese omelettes I do not know what to cook.

ds2 slept ok last night - from 10 ish to 6.30am (woken by ds1 who likes to get up early). We have bribed ds1 to not wake ds2 tomorrow am. I hate the time change, it always cocks everything up, just got them both to bed by 7.30pm, now it's 8.30 pm Gah! angry

re easter choc, we have had no temptation cos I went to the shops today to get some and there were none left, we tried 3 shops.

b: oopsie mocque monsieur - with mustard this time, a big improvement on yesterday's
l: 2.5 sausages and lump of cheese (at mum's so not many lc options)
d: meatloaf with egg, cabbage baked in cream, hm coleslaw
s: nuts, 81% lidl choc

now enjoying a well earned wine
smile

Righto hello fellow sugary twats. Who's up for some Jesus-ing tomorrow then?

I am going to have cheesy scrambled eggs and greek yog for breakfast.
Cold roast beef with garlic mushrooms and green salad for lunch
Prob something involving cauliflower for tea
NO CAKE

Bessie123 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:45:30

I accidentally had a massively carby long weekend and have put on a fair few pounds but I am fairly confident they will come off within a week (fingers crossed). Back on the wagon tomorrow for sure... blush

MrsHeggulePoirot Sun 31-Mar-13 22:18:28

tea isn't tomorrow part of Easter and so therefore we only have to start again on Tuesday?!?! No?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now