Zoe Harcombe diet - 5 days in and I have only lost one lb!

(3 Posts)
Popster123 Fri 15-Mar-13 08:43:36

Has anyone else done this diet? All I read is that people lose loads of weight in the first 5 days with no problem - I am starting my 5th day and def had the feeling I am breaking some cravings and had some pain in my back, so assumed that I was detoxing somehow - but very little weight loss. Am very discouraged. has anyone else done this diet and had slow weight loss?

TheEdgesHat Sun 17-Mar-13 09:39:45

I've done phase 1, and lost 6lb over the five days. I was v strict with myself and weighed myself on day 1 then not again til the morning of day 6 so not sure how much was lost each day iyswim.

Don't lose heart, stick to it, it does work. I fell off the wagon at a family do, so I'm now starting again from the beginning.

If you're now on phase 2 don't introduce too much allowed food at the same time - I started having dairy and wheat and berries (eg pasta and mini shredded wheat) straight away and actually put a couple of pounds back on. It's better to introduce them one at a time over a period of a few days. Eg just add berries to nly. Then wait a few days and add dairy or wheat etc.

Keep going, a lb is still a loss!

Popster123 Mon 18-Mar-13 15:03:08

Thanks so much for your encouragement - it is good to hear how it works - I have decided I am going to stick with it and am going slowly - although I have had half a glass of red wine during a family event! I am noticing that everything tastes sweeter (I had a few berries and was surprised by how sweet they were, plus the skimmed milk seems sweet) - I think I have had some sort of sugar craving before and so this must be a good change. I have lost another 1.5lb - so I guess it will be slow and steady rather than a rush for me. I cant but help envy your 6lb's though!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now