VLCD, Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet, etc

(1000 Posts)
Mudwiggle Tue 12-Mar-13 12:09:23

Hi All

Wanted to see if anyone is doing one of these or thinking about it. (If there's already an active thread, I missed it).

I have done LL before, lost three stone in 10 weeks and maintained wonderfully until DC's. Eldest is now four and a half and I think I have probably tried everything going, you name it, I've tried it (Paul McKenna, Paleo, 5:2, Dukan, Weight Watchers, etc).

I know that this works for me, although I understand other peoples objections.
I get paid on Friday and will be contacting a CDC to start on Monday. By the time DS1 is five in June, I intend to be pre DC weight again! grin

Anyone up for it? Or can give me some support or advice? TIA.

bendyruler Sat 31-May-14 17:48:30

Hi lawyer I've just been to collect my Cambridge food packs too and I know what you mean I'm putting off starting too. Is there another thread somewhere it's very quiet here?

lawyerwhocares50 Sat 31-May-14 10:34:42

Hi - I'm new here and have just collected my Cambridge meal replacements and am terrified that I'm going to feel really I'll for the next few days - it's putting me off starting. I think I'll cope with no food but really don't want to feel sick, have headaches. Any advice please???? I'm 5'9" and weigh 12'13" size 16 and counsellor says 11'7" ideal. I'd like to get to 10'10"!!!!

CORNISHJENNI Fri 30-May-14 15:48:38

i have just found this thread and took me a couple days to readthrough it, where are u all now? xx

joannar74 Thu 16-Jan-14 19:32:44

Hi all long time lurker but great forum, I'm also on my first VLCD with SuperSlimmers and if anyones interested in a discount with them they gave me a repeat code for 10% off its 'social10'. Ive been doing it for 2 weeks now and lost 14lbs so hopefully gonna get that beach bod ready for the summer hols, love Jo -x-

Jantutor Tue 12-Nov-13 23:59:20

I'm seeing my counsellor tomorrow evening and plan to start on Thursday. I have 5 stone to lose :-(

You are all truly inspirational - it's also nice to come across a site and threads where 'bitching' has no place.

Stay focused and wish me luck!

smokinaces Tue 02-Jul-13 16:37:34

Thanks for the link, coming to find you all now!

Right, here is the link to the new thread

Come on over and let's get some great results on the new thread too!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/1793487-Cambridge-Diet-Lighter-Life-Slim-Save-VLCDers-gather-over-here is the thread title in case you want to see it...

Cheekybubbles Tue 02-Jul-13 10:37:47

Jellybean I'm 5ft 1 grin I started off at 10st 11 and after 2 weeks I'm down to 10st 3. My ideal weight is between 8st 10 and 9st but to be honest I'd just be happy to get under 10stone!

I'm shattered today, DD is teething again and she was up a lot in the night. Tiredness makes me want chocolate!

Hello, I've been doing Exante on and off for a while, and have suddenly got my motivation back with the better weather!!

Could I just ask if any of you have a voucher code for Exante? I got an email a few days ago saying I had a 'lucky dip' voucher code which would give me between 5% and 25% off - I just tried my code and it was for 15% - I just wondered if any of you doing Exante might have had the same email as me but for 25%, before I make my order. If not, I'm happy to share my code 4116-DC35-4EAB

Best of luck with your individual weight-loss journeys - I did Cambridge 5 years ago and lost 3.5 stone, then if I creep up to a stone over my target I do a 'top-up' to get back down again. So far so good ...

I was going to post this in the voucher code section, but then thought the weight loss section might be more appropriate - hope that's OK.

Don't worry, I will post a link on here smile to start a thread just go to the top of your category and click/tap on Start a Thread, there is also one just under the last post in a thread just down there

|
|
|
¥

MyJellybean Mon 01-Jul-13 22:43:01

Well done Maggie. BbPants, be good for you to stay in touch. Cheeky you have about the same as me to lose. How tall are you. I'm 5'1.5" and at weigh in today I was 11st 1.5lb. I lost 2 3/4lb this week giving a toal of 24lb in 7weeks. Feeling great and loving the comments I'm getting from people I've not seen for a few months. That gives me incentive to keep going, plus the fact I must have about 6weeks worth of saches.

Scone, like Maggie I have no idea how to get to another thread so please advise, I also found this by accident. confused

I have just had a look... Do you think we should be in Calorie Counting or Weight Loss Chat? Votes please...

maggie666 Mon 01-Jul-13 21:05:49

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Have had a lot of energy today for some reason even tho dd kept me awake most of the night with a cold (hope it's not the same cold that your chicken has scone!!!!)
Bb and scone -you both have done amazing so far and had huge losses. A couple of weeks off may be the breather you need.
Cheeky-you are doing great 8lbs is fantastic.
Scone - might be a good idea to start a new thread although I have no idea how. ...... Only just managed to find this thread and reply to it (my first one ever! !!) Lol.

One of my chickens has a cold. I posted ^^ that she was sitting on my knee and v.unimpressed by homes under the hammer! She wasn't very happy about the British Grand Prix either... grin

Cheekybubbles Mon 01-Jul-13 20:38:14

Hey everyone smile

Bbpants sounds like you've made a good decision. A 4 stone loss is incredible! And to stay on diet since January is even better! Well done!

Norn that's an amazing loss! Well done!

Maggie again wooo great weight loss! Everyone is doing so well!

Scone.... Why is there a chicken in ur house? Did I miss that?!?

Well that's me done 14 days of Cambridge. Bloody hell it's hard. Have lost 8lbs and 7inches so that's good I guess. 17lbs till I'm at target weight, going to stick with Cambridge for another 2 weeks and see where I get to. I miss food soooo much! I miss being sociable! I just want to get under 10 stone and hope to be happy at that.

I have so much admiration for all of you! This is so hard and we are all fab!

Wow Maggie, ten pounds is an amazing loss - well done!

Hope you are doing ok Jelly, that training course sounds like a challenge.

I think bb that giving yourself a rest is a good idea, I have been thinking I might do the same when dh is here. It is 3 weeks but I want to be able to really enjoy them. I think I will try and low carb but not beat myself up. I am going to carry on weighing though!

This week has been a big blow to my optimism, I am going to stick to it for another 10 days and then be back with a vengeance in mid August.
(Oh and chicken is still poorly and still living in the house. My house is mad)

Shall we start the new thread now or wait till it is full?

bbpants Mon 01-Jul-13 18:45:00

Maggie - that's brilliant well done! Jelly - fingers crossed for your weigh in.

Scone - glad you're feeling better. How's the chicken doing?

Well, I'm still struggling and have been like a bear with a sore head for days, shouting at my gorgeous DD for no real reason and being really snappy at DH. I also didn't feel at all good today, and have decided to finish this block of dieting earlier than planned. Honestly, I feel a weight has been lifted from my shoulders - there is just so much going on at the moment that I really can't concentrate on the diet.

However, I will be starting again in September with a view to losing another 1.5 stones by Christmas. I can't believe I've managed to lose 4 stone since january . I really want to spend the next few weeks learning to maintain and eat like normal thin people!

I hope you don't mind if I carry on hanging round here though?! We're going to need a new thread soon too..!

maggie666 Mon 01-Jul-13 17:23:18

Hi all.
Weigh day today and I lost 10lbs on my first week. Yey.
Very happy with that. Given me motivation to not steal any food off my daughters plate at tea time. Not sure how long that will last. Lol.x

MyJellybean Sun 30-Jun-13 23:15:53

Scone - glad to hear your feeling better.

I've managed a whole week with just 2 'proper' meals. Those S&S meals are fab.

I have my weigh in also tomoz Maggie, I'm hoping for 4lb. I have had a few sneaky weigh ins and looks like a 3lb-er at the mo.

I'm in training all week this week and believe lunch is supplied which usually means sandwiches, fruit and cakes. All a very big no so will take some bits with me and drink my shake with my eyes closed so I can't see what everyone else is eating envy

maggie666 Sun 30-Jun-13 11:08:13

Well done scone for abstaining from the chocolate and ice cream. Glad you are feeling better. You sound like you are back in to ketosis.

This diet is blomin hard. Have told the other half that he's cooking tonight for himself and dd as I can't be trusted to nibble on the food. I'm going to have a relaxing bath while its being cooked and eaten.!!!
I feel like a food junky!!!

Morning Maggie, I think as long as you make good choices about what you are nibbling on, you should be ok.

As for me, I don't feel quite so much like death this morning, and interestingly my mouth tastes disgusting which I haven't noticed over the last few days, so I wonder if being ill knocks you out of ketosis? I certainly didn't eat lots of carbs, nor the chocolate and ice cream which was shouting out to be eaten, so v.strange.

maggie666 Sun 30-Jun-13 07:00:51

Hi all.
I've been struggling these last couple of days. Not drinking as much water and eating little bits of food. .. aaargh. I'm determined to get back on it today as weigh day is tomorrow.
Going to go out for a nice long walk today. .. To keep me away from the fridge!

Nornironmum Sat 29-Jun-13 18:52:27

Hi all, mind if I join you? I'm halfway through week 2 of Cambridge. I put on 20lb after breaking my leg badly on the 12th of march, and getting lots of metal in it. I was non weight bearing for 9 weeks, am normal at the gym 4 times a week so it was hard. I also stopped smoking 6 months ago, so the gain was expected. I did slimming world but lost 4lb this first week and nothing the second! I am a veggie, and I eat well but too many carbs, ESP with not being able to walk. My leg is much better now and I'm walking without a limp. So I had 20lb to loose, found the first week ok, I drank about 5liters of water per day and I lost 14 pound. A whole stone, I was over the moon. My constultant wanted me to move to soule source plus this week, as I'm going on holidays end of July and wanted to have moved up the plans by then. So far this week I have only lost 1.5 pound, so I am back doing soule source, though my consultant insists weight loss for both are exactly the same. I'm not getting weighed with her to the 6th of July and was hoping for 6lb, then she said I should move up to 800 cals, then a week later 1000, so that I don't gain too much on holidays but now the weight loss is slowing down so much I may need to wait a week longer.
You are all doing fab by the way, this is hard, but my main worry is putting it all back on after, though hoping I can get totally back into my excercise then as my leg is much better

blibblibs Sat 29-Jun-13 16:03:06

Day 9 here. Had my first weigh in on Thursday, 5.5lb loss which is good but was hoping for 7!

Night out tonight and I've taken sammac's advice and have a bar to take with me so hopefully won't do too much damage.

Hope your feeling better soon Scone.

amandaxmx Sat 29-Jun-13 14:33:21

That's brilliant well done! Yeah I should go do something to keep me occupied really as well! Lol. smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.