VLCD, Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet, etc

(1000 Posts)
Mudwiggle Tue 12-Mar-13 12:09:23

Hi All

Wanted to see if anyone is doing one of these or thinking about it. (If there's already an active thread, I missed it).

I have done LL before, lost three stone in 10 weeks and maintained wonderfully until DC's. Eldest is now four and a half and I think I have probably tried everything going, you name it, I've tried it (Paul McKenna, Paleo, 5:2, Dukan, Weight Watchers, etc).

I know that this works for me, although I understand other peoples objections.
I get paid on Friday and will be contacting a CDC to start on Monday. By the time DS1 is five in June, I intend to be pre DC weight again! grin

Anyone up for it? Or can give me some support or advice? TIA.

Aspiemum2 Fri 12-Apr-13 12:22:50

Does anyone know if you can interchange products? i.e have an Atkins bar instead of a slim and save one?

milkybarsrus Fri 12-Apr-13 15:30:27

Im not sure to be honest, but I do know that slim n save bars have all the nutrients that your body needs? you can contact slim n save as they will let you know, from what i have been told they are not opposed to people saying they try other products etc.

bbpants Fri 12-Apr-13 17:15:55

Well, leclerc - you are no longer the heaviest on the spreadsheet - I am! And this is AFTER I already lost a load of weight before Easter!!

I am weighing in on a Friday but will update the sheet as if it's the Monday (if you see what I mean). Roll on Monday!

Aspiemum2 Fri 12-Apr-13 17:29:22

I will do milky, thanks. I went out without anything this morning and was starving so picked up an Atkins choc bar on the spur of the moment. It was sooo nice!
Back to being good now, would make my day if I could have them though smile

Aspiemum2 Fri 12-Apr-13 17:30:10

Oh, and I haven't seen the spreadsheet but reckon I would be right up there at the top sad

ShootingStarsss Sat 13-Apr-13 00:04:16

Hi can I join please?
Wow so much inspiration on this thread it's amazing smile

I have contacted a consultant tonight about the Cambridge diet, never done it before but have a holiday in the summer & need to shift the weight.

Will be back when I have heard back from the lady, I am excited and want to get started after reading this thread.

ShootingStarsss Sat 13-Apr-13 00:08:23

Can I ask what is slim & save never heard of it?

What's best Cambridge or slim & save? What's the difference.

slim and save you can just order the food packs yourself online. They arrive next day. Mine did! Cambridge you do it through a consultant. Am starting slim and save tomorrow, hoping i can stick to this because my Jeans wont do up at the moment!

milkybarsrus Sat 13-Apr-13 08:09:50

Well the weekend has arrived and the sun is shining here in London at last! I mustn't let my hair down and totally relax (no wine etc). Lets have a saintly weekend and not cheat and remember that it will be worth it in the end when we see the scales showing a loss on Monday smile.

ShootingStarsss Sat 13-Apr-13 10:19:52

Thank you for answering me stairsinthenight smile

sammac Sat 13-Apr-13 14:55:56

So I go on Saturday mornings to get my supplies, get weighed and have my session. The good news is I lost 6 lbs this week, which bring my total to 12 1/2 lbs in 10 days!! Can't believe it. Really motivated to continue. Hopefully will get to the first stone by next weekend. Back at work on Monday so will be totally different to pleasing myself all day.

Good luck to everyone for next week.smile

ForYourEyesYoniBrian Sat 13-Apr-13 20:35:07

Right, I've ordered 2 weeks worth of stuff from S&S, should be here on Tuesday.

I'm quite excited really smile I have such a lot to lose (6 stone or so) and although I've lost 3 stone or so on at least 4 occasions (SW, WW, PigToTwig) over the last 10 years I lose steam. I hope that this time faster loss will keep me motivated.

TisILeclerc Sun 14-Apr-13 07:36:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thepatioislumpy Mon 15-Apr-13 07:26:25

Morning all.

Could I take the liberty of joining you? I'm starting slim and save this morning as a VLCD virgin grin

Despite my best efforts I've managed to put nothing on during my last 'blow out' weekend confused so I feel great, raring to go. I've got eight pretty clear weeks ahead of me so I want to lose as much as possible by then. If I'm not done I'm happy to extend it at that point but we'll see!

I've got a RL buddy doing this with me too so I'm hoping between you all I'll get plenty of arse kicking support! wink

thepatioislumpy Mon 15-Apr-13 10:00:08

Well, that's a vanilla shake done and dusted. Not at all unpleasant. It tasted a little bit like McD's vanilla shake, with a slight powderiness to it. I'm going to try a hot meal at lunch time and I'm a bit more hmm about them...

milkybarsrus Mon 15-Apr-13 10:40:57

good morning all, had a good weekend. Took the family to the zoo yesterday and had my bar and shake whilst out, and then for dinner we ate at the pub where I enjoyed chicken on skewers with piri piri sauce and salad (no chips), washed down with a diet coke (no wine). Had a lovely time but stayed in ketosis, so it just goes to show that we can do this diet lose weight AND make good food choices when out and about. keep going everyone.

bbpants Mon 15-Apr-13 11:00:12

Well I'm back for my restart and feeling positive (although my stomach is rumbling a little right now!). I have a vat of peppermint tea on my desk and I'm using work as a distraction, so it's win/win as I'm getting through a pile of admin as well..!

thepatioislumpy Mon 15-Apr-13 12:07:53

I've got a rotten headache. It wouldn't be carb withdrawal already would it? Surely its just a normal headache?

Opened my S&S pack today and laughed at my weeks supply of food grin

I had a hazelnut shake for breakfast and mushroom soup just now for lunch. Very small portions so I guess this is going to be tough.

Going to do the simplicity plan, which is 4 packs/bars/shakes a day plus 200g low carb veg. I have white wine mix hmm to add to fizzy water for 'treat' in evening.

I have over 4st to lose. Going to take this a week at a time, if it seems doable I'm ordering next weeks supply Thursday morning.

Someon mentioned a non-food treat at end of week, great idea. I might go to my local lesure centre for relaxing swim/jacuzzi/sauna on Sunday...

bbpants Mon 15-Apr-13 12:50:58

Patio - make sure you've drunk enough water - that might help the headache.

Stairs - it does look a small amount, but I got used to it quite quickly (except for when I'm premenstrual, and then I charge round the house desperate for something to eat and acting like a bear with a sore head! In that situation, I have resorted to an extra pack to see me through.)

Thanks bb, going to make sure I have plenty of packs, and bear in mind the 100g protein/ low carb veg option if I am in situation where I have to eat a 'real' meal.

thepatioislumpy Mon 15-Apr-13 13:37:46

I'm drinking loads... I think it is just situational TBH. Had a pretty shitty w/e so slept badly etc.

I'm about to try the chilli. Watch this space!

thepatioislumpy Mon 15-Apr-13 14:50:08

Ok, so the chilli is alright. Better than I expected anyway! It is quite nice in that you have to chew it which makes it last longer and that it makes a change from what I would anticipate as boredom with shakes. It is one I'll order again I think.

Not hungry really. I have been doing that whole thing of reaching for the water when I feel a hunger pang instead of food and it is working so far!

Does anyone know of any carb free mints? I'm really worried about the bad breath which will happen blush

Well I am starving! Had the chili just now with mushrooms. Was quite nice, but how I didnt eat DSs leftover chips I dont know...

bbpants Mon 15-Apr-13 18:31:39

The chilli is my favourite meal. I'm on the mushroom pasta with leeks and mushrooms tonight.

Was struggling at about 5ish but have powered through! Early to bed for me...

This thread is not accepting new messages.