VLCD, Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet, etc

(1000 Posts)
Mudwiggle Tue 12-Mar-13 12:09:23

Hi All

Wanted to see if anyone is doing one of these or thinking about it. (If there's already an active thread, I missed it).

I have done LL before, lost three stone in 10 weeks and maintained wonderfully until DC's. Eldest is now four and a half and I think I have probably tried everything going, you name it, I've tried it (Paul McKenna, Paleo, 5:2, Dukan, Weight Watchers, etc).

I know that this works for me, although I understand other peoples objections.
I get paid on Friday and will be contacting a CDC to start on Monday. By the time DS1 is five in June, I intend to be pre DC weight again! grin

Anyone up for it? Or can give me some support or advice? TIA.

elah11 Tue 21-May-13 15:49:22

Thanks sammac and scone, the one I am doing seems to be the same, only water, black coffee or tea allowed. I have been trying out black tea and its not bad actually! I think I am allowed tablet sweetners too so will be able to drink black coffee. I have also bought some green tea and peppermint tea so I will have plenty to choose from and won't feel deprived hopefully. I can't wait to get started, I feel so heavy and unhappy at the moment.

Melissakitkat Tue 21-May-13 17:24:13

Good luck elah! You can do it!

Wowerz (sorry if spelt wrong) hope today is going well.

I just wanted to say - I AM HUNGRY!!!!'

Roll on bedtime! Lol xxx

elah11 Tue 21-May-13 22:16:04

Btw can I ask, how will I know if I am in ketosis?

Morning. Week 5 weigh in is another 2 pounds down - so thats 23 pounds in 35 days.

Hoping I can lost 5 pounds next week to get into the 14s. That would be a lovely way to start June.

elah, ketosis is when you don't want to eat anything all the time (just you know when your mealtime is!) plus you get a funny metallic taste in your mouth. normally kicks in day 5.

Well done Melissa, 7lbs is a terrific start! Have some more water..

sammac Wed 22-May-13 07:53:54

Fantastic scone - that's great!!

bbpants Wed 22-May-13 08:34:24

Well done Scone.

It's taken me until today to take off what I put on over the weekend - if I could just shift another pound by Friday, I'd be into the 13s and half way to my summer target. It'll be tight!

Wowserz129 Wed 22-May-13 19:21:34

Man I am starving!

Have you had your veg allowance? I scoff raw mushrooms and cucumber when I am hungry - or - and it's not proper like but I reckon it gets you through the hunger wth - some plain cooked chicken/prawns etc.

Keep going wowser, you can do it!

Hi ladies, mind if I jump onto this thread?

I'm thinking about starting on Lipotrim after the weekend - my local pharmacy stock it & a friend has just started on it too.

I'm not sure how it all works though - when do you reintroduce food? Is the time you're on 'shakes for dependent on the weight you have to lose? I currently weigh around 11st 10 & would love to lose 2 st.

Thanks for any advice & well done for some fab losses/sticking with the plans you're on smile

bbpants Fri 24-May-13 09:24:18

Checking in for weighing day - 1.5lb off which, considering my weekend away, I'm quite pleased about. And it means that I've (just about) snuck into the 13s!

However, half term coming up means the week at home, rather than work, and I may struggle somewhat. My target for this week is 1lb - which will take me to a nice round 4st off since January. I need to focus on that.

Welcome offday and elah!

Kimm2013 Fri 24-May-13 21:21:56

Hi everyone!
Am on my 3rd week on Cambridge diet day 3, just had 5 slices of ham and 4 scrambled eggs! With 3 shakes, today!

Does that mean am out of ketosis !

Lost 11lbs in 2 weeks. But feeling the need to eat food. Having the ham and eggs, has filled me up!

Any suggestions smile

Kimm2013 Fri 24-May-13 21:23:43

My understanding, is when u are in ketosis.. You are burning fat??

bbpants Sat 25-May-13 20:39:06

Really, really struggling tonight. Have had a lovely day out with DH and DD but have come back craving crap. Had to come to bed again to get away from the kitchen and am inexplicably upset and miserable.

It's not even PMT, it's just a bad mood.

I've been so proud of how I've done and I feel a million times better. But tonight I feel fat, frumpy and generally about as attractive as a slug. <<shallow emoticon>>

Watching Mamma Mia in bed feeling utterly sorry for myself. God, I could do with a bottle glass of wine.

Am hoping I'll wake up tomorrow my usual cheery self.

How are you feeling this morning bb?

I am feeling a bit bleh this week too. I've been sticking to it completely and watching the scales move by 0.25 pounds a day is rather depressing. I have upped the water over the last two days, and I'm not going to have any bars for the rest of the week (they are so bloody convenient I have been relying on them too much).

bbpants Sun 26-May-13 09:00:15

Yes I've decided to cut down on the bars a bit - I usually save them as treats for the weekend but I have been having them more, and I do wonder if they slow my loss a bit if I have them everyday.

Feelng a bit better this morning, thank you Scone. Woke up early, so decided to start the couch to 5k app programme - I was bloody knackered after it (I will NEVER be a runner!) but am hoping a bit of exercise will lift my mood.

TenbyChristmas Mon 27-May-13 10:08:59

Hello, new here! Can I join? Started Shake that Weight (cheaper version of CD) this morning, got about 5-6 stone to lose. Have done CD in the past but failed. I failed, not the diet! Know first few days will be tough so have plenty of stuff lined up to distract me but ultimately head is in the right place which is a major part of the battle. Currently a size 16 (just!) goal is to be a size 10 for Christmas, at whatever that weight is but will require about 5/6 stone. As for exercise, kettle bells and some running is what I'm planning. Have had first shake, was rather nice! Not powdery or gritty and looked creamy. Good chocolate taste too.

Wowserz129 Mon 27-May-13 10:48:48

Thinkfast are you still here?

I have been doing well but still on it. Part of me wonders if it would be easier to eat 3 chicken salads a day though haha!

Wowserz129 Mon 27-May-13 13:01:43

I just tested with Ketostix and I am not in ketosis yet! I suspected I wasn't as I still feel ill and hungry and horrid! I seem to take longer than the average person I guess. I have stuck to it 100% apart from one day when I had one less shake hmm

Give us a menu Wowser, we might be able to spot something. As I said ^^ I can't do 4 packs a day - I know I don't go into ketosis if I have over 50g a day of carbs - that's why i have 3 plus a small meal.

Plus, try not to get too hung up on the ketostix. They are not always accurate (which is pretty bloody shameful really, considering that diabetic people need them to be). Try to look for that weird taste right at the back of your mouth instead.

Ooh and hello Tenby! I feel slightly blush at all these people doing exercise as well as the diet.

Wowserz129 Mon 27-May-13 19:20:38

Oh god guys I really am feeling terrible hmm. My head is pounding but drank 3 litres of water today, feel sick and exhausted sad.

I have just had the 3 packs and a bar and water hmm

Sorry to hear that Wowser. That isn't good. Do you think that perhaps just doing lo-carb would be better for you?

Hang on, just thought, what day are you up to?

Wowserz129 Mon 27-May-13 21:02:18

This is day 5! I honestly feel so flipping terrible. I went to the bathroom earlier thinking I might be sick! I really don't want to give up, if I knew it would pass soon but feels like I will feel like this forever hmm

TenbyChristmas Mon 27-May-13 21:27:44

Wowserz -maybe it's just not agreeing with you -check the ingredients list-is there anything there that might disagree with you? Have you adverse reactions to any foodstuffs, whey for example? Just a thought. That's me at the end of day one. Stayed busy, made sure I chugged water the whole day. Going to circuits in the morning, hoping the sight of all my jiggly bits keeps me motivated. There are some serious skinny minnies at my local gym. Biatches... grin

Scone -thanks for the welcome, much appreciated smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.