VLCD, Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet, etc

(997 Posts)
Mudwiggle Tue 12-Mar-13 12:09:23

Hi All

Wanted to see if anyone is doing one of these or thinking about it. (If there's already an active thread, I missed it).

I have done LL before, lost three stone in 10 weeks and maintained wonderfully until DC's. Eldest is now four and a half and I think I have probably tried everything going, you name it, I've tried it (Paul McKenna, Paleo, 5:2, Dukan, Weight Watchers, etc).

I know that this works for me, although I understand other peoples objections.
I get paid on Friday and will be contacting a CDC to start on Monday. By the time DS1 is five in June, I intend to be pre DC weight again! grin

Anyone up for it? Or can give me some support or advice? TIA.

thinkfast Thu 09-May-13 20:05:06

I can have black coffee on LL but its not the same. Feeling much better now thanks. Just wish ds would sleep do that I can eat and go to bed!

sammac Thu 09-May-13 20:14:03

If I could invent something, it would be some magic machine that reprogrammed your body whilst you slept to the body you want, in my case, a size 12. I would be a millionaire within the month, lol.

However, in real life, I'm having a cup of peppermint tea, catching up with Broadchurch, and recovering from 2 parents nights and sore feet!!

sammac Thu 09-May-13 20:15:01

Go have a stock cube.

Ifyoulike Fri 10-May-13 00:00:53

Hi smile

Am one week into a VLCD with 8 lbs lost, but about 120 to go, ugh!

Have tried multiple diets in the past, but low-calorie/low-carb is the only type that's ever allowed me to lose substantial weight in the past (previously lost from 260 to 150, and then put it all back on over a bad break-up).

Luckily the cravings have passed now, so am feeling optimistic that will be able to see the weight loss through, found this thread very encouraging! Nice to know I'm not the only one sipping black coffee and oxo cubes in a mug!

Hello, am back on the thread, after a couple of week off! Had huge mass of family/friend significant birthdays to deal with.

Lost a stone over 2 weeks ith S&S during April. Regained 3lbs. Now onto stage 2!

I have 5 weeks until my operation. I have 3st further to lose. Hoping to get another 1 and a half off by mid June. Now off to read the thread to psyche myself up. grin

Morning ifyou sounds like you are already in the zone! I think that one of the things I am looking forward to most of all is learning how to eat 'properly'.

<whispers> I understand that some people don't eat a whole packet of biscuits in one go. Or indeed two packets! How do they do that?

bbpants Fri 10-May-13 07:25:24

Hope you're ok this morning, thinkfast, welcome ifyoulike, and welcome back Stairs. 3lb back on in two weeks isn't bad going!

Weigh in day for me today, and I'm another 3.5lb down, bringing me to a nice round 50lb off in total. And, in other news, I picked up a pair of denim shorts yesterday with a view to getting in them in the summer for on the beach. Size 16. I could get them on and do them up!! Ok, I couldn't sit down, or bend, or walk, but I could do them up! M&S sizing, so generous I know, but still.......

bbpants Fri 10-May-13 07:27:42

Scone - who are these people of which you speak that don't eat a packet of biscuits in one go?! They wouldn't survive for two minutes in our house!

Just read through, everyone is trying so hard, its very inspiring.

I have tried many diets before this - WW etc, but this undoubtedly suits me best. Less potential for cheating...

thinkfast Fri 10-May-13 08:12:58

Morning all! Persevered last night. Thanks for your support.
Feel exhausted this morning but already my face is a little less puffy and my tummy a bit smaller so it must be working grin
Evenings are the hardest time for me but not sure how I will function at work today. Just want to crawl back to bed...

it is exhausting, the first few days. Day 5 was such an improvement though. Keep strong, youll Get half a stone off this week. Its worth it!

Well done thinkfast.

I read somewhere (so not sure of the accuracy) that you lose weight from the top downwards so the face is the first to show loss. My moon face goes down quite quickly. Shame the stomach takes so long grin

Ifyoulike Fri 10-May-13 12:29:46

Scone Its a mystery to me! For some reason I can never have just a 'little bit' of anything... it has to be a devouring of the whole lot, to the extent that it was becoming easier to just eat nothing in public, and then have all daily calories in one go, in private.

I think that I've been abusing food like a drug, not taking it for nourishment or satiety, but actually taking it for the sugar/carb/fat hit. And it seems that like any 'hit', it needs to increase over time to have the same effect. I don't know if this is a similar experience for most people?

VLCD is nice because its almost like going cold turkey (I low-carb it as well - boiled eggs and protein shakes, plus multivitamin and potassium supplements).

It kind of puts me into the mindset of knowing I'm not going to get that 'hit' whatsoever, not even a little bit. And strangely enough, its soo much easier to stick with once the hellish few days pass. Its so very nice to find people on the same path.

Ifyoulike Fri 10-May-13 12:32:21

Thanks for the welcome bbfast, and congrats on that wonderful feeling when the clothes at least get on! Every size drop feels like such a victory. And you know at least once you can wear them, that the tightness won't last long either. smile

I have been hungrier than normal today, but I am expecting TOTM at some point (I know that isn't very precise but it swings between 28 and 35 days so it is guesswork!) so that is probably why.

Lots of tea drunk today. And I ate nearly a whole bag of radishes. I left two at the bottom because I felt guilty

Glad you made it Thinkfast!

Bbpants - you deserve major respect! 50 pounds? Wow. And size 16 shorts? Looking good!

Hello again Stairs, you can do this, it will make such a difference to your rate of recovery too.

Ooh and hello BoiledEgg. Are you ready to have the slimmest ears in the Western Hemisphere? grin what a great theory...

My rings feel looser today and my watch isn't sticking as much either.

Onwards and downwards!

thinkfast Fri 10-May-13 18:06:34

Arghhh! It's starting again! Clearly coming home from work is my trigger to feel starving and want a Friday night takeaway. Does the hunger actually go away when you've been doing this for a while?

sammac Fri 10-May-13 18:34:08

Bbpants am well proud of you- 50lbs is just a kick in the bbpants from 4 stone. Thik a name change in order - muchsmallerpants, minipants, shrinkingpants.

bbpants Fri 10-May-13 19:11:17

Thanks all - I don't think me in shorts could ever be described as 'looking good' - I have the legs of an unfit rugby player! I am ridiculously pleased with the loss so far - I really do begin to feel like myself again.

Thinkfast - the hunger goes, but the mental thing of just really wanting a takeaway has not left me yet! Sorry!

thinkfast Fri 10-May-13 19:55:08

Just read the bum worm thread (well some if it). Feel MUCH less inclined to eat anything wink

I've seen the title of that thread. Not something I will be reading!

Mild curry for me tonight with an extra tsp of chilli powder.

Wowserz129 Sat 11-May-13 00:22:40

I just read the bum worm thread too, my advise would be don't read it. It's full of all kinds of knowledge about stuff you don't want to know. Boke!

sammac Sat 11-May-13 16:44:35

Weigh day today and I couldn't go last week- my 2 week loss is 9lbs!! Am well chuffed.

That brigs total to 27lbs in 39 days. Just a smidgen off 2 stones. Treated myself to a new bra in smaller size and a scarf in Sainsburys. I know how to live on the wild side smile

Well done Sammac, that is terrific!

I am looking forward to going down a bra size and they have some really pretty ones in Sainsbugs. envy

bbpants Sat 11-May-13 22:49:34

Sammac, that is just BRILLIANT!

Wowserz129 Sun 12-May-13 01:55:27

I ate and ate and ate today and now I am so annoyed!! I really want to lose weight and want to lose it fast but I just can't seem to stick at it past day 4/5 as I feel so ill! It's really really frustrating me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now