Week 10 - New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - The End is Nigh!

(449 Posts)
BIWI Mon 11-Mar-13 07:58:55

So we start our final week!

Here is the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

We will have one last weigh-in next Monday.

Hope you all have a good week!

Bessie123 Mon 11-Mar-13 13:52:09

How about total yoghurt with cream in!

Bessie123 Mon 11-Mar-13 13:52:46

That was meant to be a ?

I didn't just think I'd told a funny joke, or something.

QuickLookBusy Mon 11-Mar-13 13:52:55

Hope you're feeling better soon Black.

I STS this week, which is good as I'm trying to maintain at the moment. I have introduced a slice of toast with my poached egg some days and other days I've had a banana, which is my favourite fruit and I've really missed them.

I did have some chocolate cake yesterday which dd made me. I really enjoyed it but my tummy didn't. I had the most awful stomach pains all night, I won't be eating cake again for a while.

Bessie123 Mon 11-Mar-13 13:55:25

I keep missing choc cake and if there is one around (eg if we are at a party or someone's house etc) I sometimes try a little bite. But I haven't tasted one that is nice enough to make me want a whole slice, or even another bite.

Bessie123 Mon 11-Mar-13 13:55:55

blackaffronted I hope you get bette soon

JakeBullet Mon 11-Mar-13 13:57:40

Tis okay grin . Ate ONE piece of the shortbread and then left the house..

The rest of it is at home and hopefully I can just leave it alone when I get back. Airtight container should do the trick. smile

Just been to the pub for a colleague's leaving lunch and tucked into rump steak, mushrooms, salad and their amazing home made coleslaw. I did get some looks from my colleagues for asking for no chips though - I have explained the principles of this WOE but they are skeptical smile I even gave away my onion rings which are my FAVOURITE thing. Back at my desk now with a peppermint tea to round things off.

Well done Jake on the resisting! This is something I still need to work on, I have a history of compulsive eating too and it is still sometimes rearing its ugly head.

captainmummy Mon 11-Mar-13 15:18:25

Did you make a liquorice tea jake? I bought some the other day on the recommendations from here - and I agree it is surprisingly sweet! (I dont actually like it much - but have 40 teabags to get through!)

Have made creamcheese pancakes for tea, to be stuffed with chicken-and-spinach and cream sauce.

Ruprekt Mon 11-Mar-13 15:19:28

179lbs again. Yay to the whoosh fairy.

A whole stone since January 7th!!

JakeBullet Mon 11-Mar-13 15:54:48

Yes I did make the liquorice tea.....love the stuff thankfully.

Tonight is chicken, baked swede and courgette in cream sauce....well....baked in cream, DS has roast pots with his and I'll do some extra veg like cauliflower which DS loves...might even do the rest of the spinach.

That should keep me going and liquorice tea later just to up my fluid levels.

BIWI Mon 11-Mar-13 16:51:39

And you are drinking plenty of water, aren't you, Jake? <looks over top of glasses>

BlackAffronted Mon 11-Mar-13 17:39:22

have eaten a crwam cracker and a mug of cauli/broccoli soup, which has stayed down si far thankfully. craving chips with loads of salt though, really bad! still in my bed where I have been all day, dh had to take the day off wirk. I hurt all over, even my hair hurts sad

Ruprekt Mon 11-Mar-13 17:49:30

Biwi? Ahem? My news..............

BIWI Mon 11-Mar-13 18:18:58

Ruprekt thanks

That is brilliant. You should be really pleased with yourself!

<strokes hair again for good measure>

BIWI Mon 11-Mar-13 18:19:35

Oh BlackAffronted - that sounds horrible.

JakeBullet Mon 11-Mar-13 18:28:16

Yes BIWI...plenty if water grin

NoelHeadbands Mon 11-Mar-13 19:44:34

Hello all <waves>

Been away since Thu night, and I'll hold my hands up- been a total carbivore. Strict boot camping now and will catch up with the thread

Kiriwawa Mon 11-Mar-13 19:57:24

Hello all smile

Not been around for a bit - RL getting in the way in a tiresome way. I've been a bit boozy but have steered clear of carby food. It was DS's birthday on Saturday and I sent some photos to my parents and my dad looked at one of me carrying in the cake and said 'who's that?' to my mum! So even though I've pretty much STS over the last 2 weeks (tho haven't weighed since last Tuesday), I have definitely lost weight. I have got into dresses that I haven't got into for the last 2 years smile

Oh and there was an American doctor on PM (radio 4 current affairs prog) this evening who has been invited to the UK by some big health body to talk about the fact that it is sugar which makes us obese, not fat. I can't remember his name annoyingly but the interviewer was saying that we might have to revise public health advice.

ETA: have just googled the right thing and he's called Robert Lustig. Here's the thing he's at: www.fabresearch.org/3210

Hope all are okay - gosh there is some amazing weightloss just on this thread which is truly inspiring. Well done smile

NellVarnish Mon 11-Mar-13 20:10:18

<sneaks in as not weighed, and scared to as have been BAD>

Aw Clare8, so sad for you. Be nice and gentle to yourself.

Hope you feel better soon Black.

Thanks for the new thread BIWI.

<scuttles off with tail between legs>

Kiriwawa Mon 11-Mar-13 20:32:08

I didn't think it was appropriate to say anything in that hideously cheery post but am so sorry for your loss clare8. I've been there and it's utterly miserable. Be kind to yourself x

QuickLookBusy Mon 11-Mar-13 20:57:11

Is anyone else seeing advert up there^^

"win £250 worth of supermarket vouchers in our whole grain goodness campaign" they are thing to make us eat more grains shock grin

JakeBullet Mon 11-Mar-13 21:19:43

Kiri, that link is fabulous. ..wish I could go.

Who knows, there might be change afoot in the future.

TheEarlyBird Mon 11-Mar-13 21:35:09

Kiri - I heard him too. Very interesting. Dr Robin Lustig Fat Chance

Bessie123 Mon 11-Mar-13 22:04:14

I had the nicest dinner this evening from a sparse fridge: mushrooms and leeks fried in butter then added a bit of water, Boursin and Parmesan. Then a bit of smoked salmon. I had it with romanescu cauliflower rice.

black. Hope you are feeling a bit better

claire v sorry to hear about your mc sad

Ruprekt Mon 11-Mar-13 22:09:28

B sausages, bacon and 2 poached eggs

L ham slices, made dbl batch parmesan shortbread. Ate a lot.

D cheeseburger, celeriac chips and hm coleslaw

Water
Peppermint tea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now