Calling all Chiefs who Choose Their Hard

(978 Posts)
DoubleMum Fri 01-Mar-13 18:13:06
SylviaDaisyPouncer Wed 06-Mar-13 11:17:38

Agree with the pre teen tantrums! Also have toddler tantrums from dd. and when they both have "moments" at the same time.....well it's just something else. They are either fantastic or dreadful, no middle ground.

Have been good so far, there is a huge chocolate cake in the kitchen and I have ignored it (I can smell it though). I don't need it and will resist. I don't actually want it which is a miracle for me. I'm not polishing my halo yet but may well be if I get to the end of the day with no picking!

It's ok to go up and take a sniff of it though isn't it? No calories in thatgrin

DoubleMum Wed 06-Mar-13 11:29:45

I missed the skinny trousers, that IS impressive. <faints at the thought of ever being described as skinny in the next 20 years>
Tea yes I had better make the most of this nice stage while it lasts!
Saint you can do it - friend us all on MFP and we'll hassle help you.

DoubleMum Wed 06-Mar-13 11:32:11

Sylvia I had a sniff of the choccy cake this morning. Luckily DH has taken it to work with him now - should have made him take the leftover chocolate & buttons too.
I don't want to hear about tantrumming teenagers <blocks ears>, I had DS (11) in floods of tears this morning as DD (7!!) had kicked him in the ear for being annoying. Difficult for her to get ready for school on the naughty step.

SylviaDaisyPouncer Wed 06-Mar-13 12:00:37

double poor ds that sounds painful.

Must be something about ears, I caught dd on ds back pulling his ears! Ds won't do anything to stop her incase he hurts her so it all gets a bit shouty here sometimes.

Ok must get lunch ready which means <whispers> going in the kitchen where that cake is. Will think of you all and resist temptation!

Lizzylou Wed 06-Mar-13 13:14:26

We still have cake left over from DS1's on Monday.
Have packaged it up and hidden it.

Today I am in a pencil skirt suit that I couldn't get into in January (sales purchase). Can get in it fine, looks OK (ish, with heels on). BUT

I just can't get up and down stairs in the damn thing! More work on my thighs is needed grin I am waddling like I have pooed myself blush

DoubleMum Wed 06-Mar-13 14:15:27

What an image Lizzy.
Have had a rather nice smoked mackerel salad, although I didn't realise quite how calorific it is. Must be all those good omega 3 oils.
An afternoon/evening of taxi-ing awaits. Wish it meant I actually had a social life but sadly not.

<snort>

You're not meant to be able to walk in a pencil skirt except with very small steps - think that's why they're sexy because one waddles slinks about in them.

<snorts again because it is a waddle like you've pooed!>

Well done Lizzy

Fasting today ..... boooooo!

saintmerryweather Wed 06-Mar-13 16:17:09

Ive got you on mfp doublemum my name on there is gemin1eye. ive got 300 cals left for today but ill walk the dogs seperately tonight to.burn some off! Sticking with it this time, might buy a skirt ive got my eye on in a size 10 for motivation...deffo not a pencil skirt like lizzys!

DoubleMum Thu 07-Mar-13 07:31:13

Morning chiefs, my goal is to eat more veg today, have been a bit remiss lately.
On the plus side, I am wearing a pair of size smaller trousers! They even do up and everything! Might not be able to eat much though ...

kalidanger Thu 07-Mar-13 07:48:29

Bleurgh. Met a friend for drinky-winks (!) last night and threw 1000+ calories down my gullet. Beer AND wine, then chips (there's a couple on the carpet) with coleslaw apparently. Was so proud of getting a handle on my calorie intake but basically I'm a chaotic dickhead with a drink in my paw <wails> I'm telling myself it's OK to have blips but can't really believe it or I'll give myself permission sad

Sorry, not read any other posts because I'm selfish as well sad

kalidanger Thu 07-Mar-13 08:05:59

Oh, and pittas sad Adds up to 1300+ which is my daily allowance in one 'meal' grin

Well done on the trousers, DoubleMum

Oh Kali .... It'll be fine. I like to have a little blow out every now and again and I'm still losing. I've had at leat three 3000+ calorie days in the last eight weeks. Today is a new day so just think of yesterday as gone. This week keep an eye on your weekly total.

If you feel bad about it - despite there being no need - substitute beer for vodka or Gin. That's what I've had to do. I love smelly, warm real ale. I now savour it on a Sunday afternoon and choose Gin for evenings. The calorie difference is about 260 for beer and 56 for gin and slimline tonic. The other thing I do, because I feel bad about it too, is burn some calories on days that I now are going to go to bedlam.

Keep going Chief.

Ooooooo. Double you look good in those trousers grin

kalidanger Thu 07-Mar-13 08:57:41

Aww, thanks Tea You're quite right with spirits vs. ale thing. I did spend last Saturday night adding vodka and tonic after vodka and tonic to my app and being the classic evangelical nightmare about it all grin

Givvus a twirl, Double!

Lizzylou Thu 07-Mar-13 09:00:35

Oh Kali. It happened, move on.
I still like a boozy night here and there and do what Tea says, just up your exercise that day or the days round it and try not to give in to hangover food!!

Double, go you! It is so fab when waistbands are looser or you get into clothes you couldn't have before.

Did the spinning last night, I am quite addicted now, wish I could make another class really but clashes with other stuff.

Will try Level 2 of Extreme Shed and Shred tonight.

WiseKneeHair Thu 07-Mar-13 09:31:40

Well, that didn't work! Didn't make it back on here the other night as DS3 (4yo) work screaming and shaking mid RI30! Horrible Mum that I am, I let DH deal with him whilst I finished my workout. grin I did go and comfort him after I finished though.
I've read through the thread and can I just say, that we rock! Everyone is doing so well.
Double looking good.
Sylvia I've just finished week three of C25K and I am loving it. This is the person who has hated running since been forced to do cross country at secondary school and always coming in second to last. although stopping off for a fag may have hindered my progress I actually prefer to run outside as I seem to get a better rhythm going than on a treadmill. Bssh I've also been looking slightly nervously at that 20 minute run in week 5.
Can I just say how jealous I am of you with nice 11 yos. My DS, 11 is being a bit of a nightmare at the moment and has to argue about everything. He's always been argumentative (once caught him aged 2.5 arguing that day was night!), but he seems to have got worse recently.
Lizzy I agree extreme S&S is odd. Doing lvl 1 and 2 is quite doable as its not as high intensity as her others, but it does take quite a long time. I've just ordered no more trouble zones, so we'll see what that one is like.
Kali don't beat yourself up too much. I hope you enjoyed it. Today's another day, so forget about it and get back on track.
Saint I'll add you on MFP, but welcome.

Out to dinner for a work thing tonight, it's an Italian restaurant and I know that you only get two or three choices and as it is a set price, I suspect pudding is included. So, will try and make as good a choice as I can and avoid pudding but I'm not going to beat myself up too much when if I go over. Will actually get off my fat arse in a minute and do some exercise to mitigate the damage.
Keep choosing your hard, Chiefs.

WiseKneeHair Thu 07-Mar-13 09:33:54

Er, sorry Saint just seen your MFP name and realised we are already friends grin. I'm easily confused!

kalidanger Thu 07-Mar-13 10:47:48

Ta chiefs. Hangover lifting and planning to get back on track smile

Good going on the exercise front, you lot. I'm down as 'sedentary' and have to brave the judgey-pants brigade (and sort out bikini line) for swimming at some point soon hmm

DoubleMum Thu 07-Mar-13 11:57:49

Kali, it's done, enjoyed, forgotten, now straight back to choosing your hard!

I'd like to report that although no eating has been done yet I have drunk 3 cups of tea and chased after baby bunnies in these trousers and they are still done up! Unfortunately I have another couple of pairs of trousers in this size and they DON'T fit so not too much jumping for joy just yet.

Have a nice Italian tonight Wise. And my 11 yr old definitely has his argumentative moments too - he's gone as James Bond to school for World Book Day this morning so there was a nice argument about taking a (toy) gun to school to start off the day.

BsshBossh Thu 07-Mar-13 13:20:42

Hello all. Very envy of your pencil skirt Lizzy and Double smile and wine at getting into a smaller size. Hurrah! Kali remember the mantra "tomorrow is another day" - we all have days like that but we keep chugging away and eventually lose those pesky pounds.

I have a tendency to snack on junk - crisps, chocolate, sweets... So last week I told myself that I must reach for something healthy whenever I feel peckish and only after I've eaten it can I eat a bit of junk. So far it's been working for me. It meant I am reaching for the same food I give to DD - things like carrots and peppers dunked in tzatiki or humous, or Ryvita seeded thins and a bit of almond butter, or some unsalted nuts and these are so filling that I'm finding I can't be bothered with crisps etc. Hoping this will stick...

Weigh in tomorrow. Have been contentedly fasting away and eating well but not logging at all sodoubt I'll lose anything. Because I've not been my current size in over 10 years I'm actually enjoying staying the same - it's quite a novelty so happy to stall maintain for a bit longer. My deadline to lose the rest of my weight (approx 10 lbs) is the summer hols so no rush.

DoubleMum Thu 07-Mar-13 14:10:06

Bssh lovely position to be in to just sit back and survey your surroundings for a while.

Afternoon. Weighed in today for a 2 lb loss over two weeks.

Enjoy your Italian Wise

Bssh That's a really good idea. I still remember Maureen's advice if you can't be arse to peel a carrot you're not that hungry. Unfortunately I'm not so good at heeding it.

Only got 1 lb now to get to the target I set in January. I've not been this light since I got married at 23 when, after the wedding, I comfort ate for 10 years because I was so very miserable [I married an arsehole first time round emoticon]. Hoping to get to target in two weeks. So I'm feeling quite proud of myself - I don't normally have this level of willpower or dedication.

I will then, after trip to wedding, set a new target to lose what I've put on again blush and another 4 lbs to get down to a weight that allows my body to fluctuate and me not get grumpy about it.

Kali I'm considering getting out the garden strimmer before I go away - swimming's a great idea right until the point you realise you're hairy and have got to walk around in what is essentially your underwear!

DoubleMum Thu 07-Mar-13 17:19:33

Yay Tea!

MrGeresHamster Thu 07-Mar-13 18:31:58

Yay Tea!

DS (6mo) has been a dream today. He's had an on off cold since Xmas and I think he may almost be clear. We've had a lot of fun. Can't wait for the end of cold season.

We are trying weaning at the moment and he's hating food, definitely doesn't get that from me. I'm enjoying though spending some time thinking about our lunch. We both sit and eat together so I'm putting an effort in eating similar to him or at least not scoffing on bad stuff. It's really nice actually to be eating lots if raw fruit/veg. And as I'm helping him out I don't have time to wolf down my food. It really feels like habits could be changed here...

Kali, life is for living. You need to have a blow out every now and again. I hope it was fab. I have two blow outs planned, one for my first ever Mother's Day being a mum and second for my birthday at the end of the month. Having them planned is encouraging me not to splurge out beforehand!

BsshBossh Thu 07-Mar-13 19:27:44

Fantastic Tea! Do you think you'll keep fasting (eg 6:1) when you reach your ultimate goal? I think I might (or variation thereof).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now