Calling all Chiefs who Choose Their Hard

(978 Posts)
DoubleMum Fri 01-Mar-13 18:13:06
dinkydoos Tue 23-Apr-13 13:41:08

Ooh thanks bssh I am off to the gym this afternoon, and tbh that's fairly similar to what I have been doing I think. Ish. Don't mind that sort of thing actually, its the blardy cross trainer effigy and the running machine I loathe. ESP in front of the mirrors!

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 23-Apr-13 13:48:25

Ok, I have conducted an experiment and in the interest of faecal scientific fact I can disclose that my beast of a dressing gown weighs in at a hefty 2.2lb shock

I can therefore conclude that either you lot shit house bricks or I have very small bowels.

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 23-Apr-13 13:49:09

Awesome x-post there Lizzy,soz about that grin

Lizzylou Tue 23-Apr-13 14:00:26

envy Randall!!
Green face is not for envy in this instance!

DoubleMum Tue 23-Apr-13 14:30:23

Randall you've really messed up our scientific enquiries now we have a poo weighing minus figures.

DoubleMum Tue 23-Apr-13 14:30:53

Apologies for the continued use of the word 'poo' if you are eating lunch or have a poorly tummy.

TheTigerDidntComeToTea Tue 23-Apr-13 14:35:17

Shall need to go, I'm getting v strange looks from my colleagues, probably due to the tears of laughter running down my face. You've made my day - you're all fab!!

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 23-Apr-13 15:09:39

I know, I'm more than a little confused I can't lie!

I could have sworn it was a 2lb difference, maybe it was 3? Tbh I was too traumatised to look closely, I lept of the scales like I'd been stung!

If it was really 3lb then that would prove the studies thus far. If it was 2lb I think I may need to call a doctor.

<makes note to weigh self before and after every poo this week and work out the mean, medium and mode poo for the advancement of mankind and scientific research>

Lizzylou Tue 23-Apr-13 18:33:10

No poo weighing here but have managed a run, tentative but done.
When I used to go to slimming world there were always women taking off jewellery or coming back from the loo and asking to be weighed again grin

BsshBossh Tue 23-Apr-13 19:43:17

LOL. Unfortunately I am not a consistent pooer so I can't always weigh after a morning poo sad grin. We need to put "poo" in the title of the next Chiefs thread!

Lizzylou Tue 23-Apr-13 19:50:59

Bssh, good to know I am not the only one with erratic bowels!
I think I am the only person to travel in India and Peru and be constipated! People lost so much weight on both trips, me with bowels of steel? Nada. Dh had been planning on proposing at the Taj Mahal. He was so ill it didn't happen until we got home grin

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 23-Apr-13 19:52:48

Oh I always have a morning poo, 'twould feel all wrong going out all backed up.

I forgot to say actually, I went on my very first spa day yesterday. I really wasn't looking forward to it but it was actually fun. They gym wasn't too bad (I only went on the treadmill and bike everything else scared me), the pool was lovely, and the changing rooms were perfectly clean smile

I even braved the sauna and steam rooms. I was terrified of them but they had glass doors so as long as I sat facing the door I was ok. Plus it was really quiet so we could use the jacuzzi (love them but bathing with strangers I will not do), lovely day all round.

We went for lunch afterwards but I had a veggie pasta thing and left the garlic bread, I feel like I'm growing!

BambieO Tue 23-Apr-13 19:54:19

Bssh my strength training looks pretty similar to yours!

Tiger I would steal some of Bssh's moves smile she is much more of a pro than I am!

DoubleMum Tue 23-Apr-13 20:39:19

Lizzy you've brought back memories now....I couldn't eat a curry for at least a year after I got back from India, it went straight through me, I might as well have just thrown it down the toilet. What lovely topics, I hope you're not all eating your dinner now.
Randall hark at you with your spa treatments and your jacuzzi. Soon you'll be too posh to discuss poo with us Chiefs Who Aren't Too Posh to Poo. And Weigh It Too. (Well not actually weigh the poo, that really would be revolting.)

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 23-Apr-13 20:59:57

I know, I did feel rather grand!

Tell you what though, 3 months ago no way would I have gone. All that wandering around in your cossie? Not a chance!

I didn't breathe out the whole times Iwas there but I didn't feel like a complete whale so a massive thank you to the chiefs is in order grin

DoubleMum Tue 23-Apr-13 21:15:32

I won't go to Wet n Wild for the same reason. Not that I'm in Florida very often, obviously.

Lizzylou Tue 23-Apr-13 21:16:05

Yes Double, you and every other bugger on my trip!!
Randall, I have only ever had one spa day and I was very post natal and breastfeeding so couldn't have most of the treatments and my tits were leaking bad style.
I do have a spa weekend to look forward to with my old student mates. Am a bit overexcited tbh. Will not be lactating so that's good.

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 23-Apr-13 21:34:20

Oh I didn't have any treatments, I'm not that brave!

Arf. You are all very funny. And Double I feel a new thread title in there somewhere.

Whoop Randall at stalking around the spa in a cossie. I know what you mean about treatments though my reluctance to partake is more of a consequence of me managing risk and considering others' wellbeing. I can't bear a massage unless it's right in my muscles as they're always tight - i generally want to twat the ladies in their white coat with smooth hair, lavender smells and little gentle presses with a pestle. Ooo. I have the rage! And I haven't been near a sauna since I went to visit my BiLs family in Norway. There was nakedness en famille. I was British and traumatised. My DSis's MiL dried her fanny in my ear.

Cor Lizzy your dedication to the cause is to be applauded. Running with a swirling tummy. Good work Chief.

As we're sharing and talking poo I feel I need to mention I managed my first run without having to stop part way round for a crap. I'm so proud I've been texting all my friends. Thinking of using it as my FB status too.

I ran 10km today because my husband were up in Harrogate <chants Yorkshire> doing work stuff so I couldn't go and play hockey [proud emoticon]. Unfortunately he decided to come back early to surprise me so I could go. So I then played 40 mins of a game [can't stand straight and got a bruised thumb emoticon].

<sobs>

Lizzylou Wed 24-Apr-13 09:15:35

Tea shock!
You really are Paula Radcliffe in all respects!

Huge respect for all the exercise! I am trying to get back to being able to run 10km easily (ahem). Have a bit of a mental block though I think.

In further news, I have lost 2lbs and have also adjusted my goal to be another 4lbs. So 16lbs to go rather than 12lbs and then we'll see whats what.

Well done hitting the goal Lizzy even though you then shifted it

And excellent weight loss too. You are a top Chief grin

So did Paula Radcliffe shit by the side of that car? I never did work out what she was doing? I have really thought about it but have yet to not make the public toilets - I love living in a world heritage city there are toilets every mile grin

Lizzylou Wed 24-Apr-13 09:29:19

I hadn't reached goal, just extended it from 12lbs to lose to 16lbs.
Not far off though!!!

Yes, the general consensus is that she pooed. UGH.

OOh, World heritage city? Sounds swanky!

DoubleMum Wed 24-Apr-13 09:32:03

Well done Lizzy, great loss!
Am shocked at public pooing.

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 24-Apr-13 09:56:12

Fab loss Lizzy well done you!

And well done on not shitting Tea grin

The idea of having any treatments filled me with dread anyway but one conversation with the perfectly coiffed, porcelain faced 20yo with the sing-songy voice and I was out of there!

Familial nakidity? Oh he'll no shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now