Calling all Chiefs who Choose Their Hard

(978 Posts)
DoubleMum Fri 01-Mar-13 18:13:06
BsshBossh Fri 19-Apr-13 20:19:53

My weekend obviously starts on Friday morning - have gone over by 300 calories and my daily calorie allowance is a very generous 2148 (my TDEE) blush. Still, it all balances out in the end. What's life about if we can't indulge on a regular basis.

dinkydoos Fri 19-Apr-13 20:23:05

Ooh bshh, hope we can read your diary for a vicarious thrill! grin

Bssh. Love an early start to the weekend. i too am channelling my inner Randall this weekend.

But OMG. I have eaten utter shite since about 3pm - chocolate and carbs. All in attempt to keep awake. I am exhausted and am lying on the sofa with a bunch of small boys on me. I hope they'll put themselves to bed. I will be putting my Randall to better use tomorrow when I shall be up the rugby club.

Had intended running 10km tomorrow but not sure whether I'll be up for it until Sunday. Whoop it's Friday!

Lizzylou Fri 19-Apr-13 20:51:50

Bssh, you minx!
Been for a "run" with ds1. He was mostly distracted, so I got home and did lots of squats/lunges and stuff with weights.

Dh is interested in 5/2 so looks like we may be having a go.

DoubleMum Fri 19-Apr-13 21:01:58

How funny Lizzy my DH just said this evening that he wants to lose weight. Am pleased it must mean giving up alcohol has become a bit easier as he didn't want to think about it before. Still if you can manage a dry 2.5 weeks which includes your birthday and a Mediterranean cruise you can manage anything.
So now I might need to consider what to do with the 20-odd decent bottles of red wine I have squirreled away in the garage, as it doesn't look as if we'll be drinking it. Think I know what a few birthday pressies are going to be ...

RandallPinkFloyd Fri 19-Apr-13 21:08:13

Keep up the Randalling! No excesses for me this weekend, just me and DS all weekend so I need to live through you chiefs.

Probably a good idea to get back on track for a little while though. stbXh has been very generous with his babysitting recently so I've had rather more fun than normal the last few weeks blush

BambieO Fri 19-Apr-13 21:51:10

Bssh that is so amazing to see like that!

Lizzylou Sat 20-Apr-13 10:23:34

Double, hmmmm, when am I visiting my Mother? Could certainly stop by your garage wink

Park run done after supermarket shop. Was sunny and sweaty, lovelygrin

Randall not "doing a Randall"? shock Whatever next?

I am having a quiet weekend too (there will be wine this evening though) am off out on a 40th meal with another friend joining my gang next weekend which will be boozy. Then am doing a 5km family swimathon the next day confused

BambieO Sat 20-Apr-13 10:37:54

Brilliant Lizzy! You will do fabulously as always smile

Been to the gym this morning and just getting ready is admitting I am mning in the bath tmi? to go out for the day with the husband and son. Can't wait to get in this glorious sunshine!

Have great days ladies

DoubleMum Sat 20-Apr-13 13:45:34

You'll be most welcome Lizzy! There's all sorts of exciting stuff in my garage.

Lizzylou Sat 20-Apr-13 17:10:14

Hurrah, road trip to Double's! grin
Bambie, well done on first week back at work and gymming.

Have been to gym, bit of cardio, lots of weights. Is that "doing a Bssh" now? smile

Housework, gardening, walk up hill to Butchers and am a tad knackered now. Not logged all exercise, but needed leeway for wine grin

Happy Saturday chiefs.

Lizzylou Sat 20-Apr-13 18:40:07

I have just been dancing round the living room......I beat my personal best at Park run by 40 seconds grin
Still slow, but progress!!!

Well done Lizzy - that's a great improvement over that distance. smile

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 20-Apr-13 19:35:21

Lizzy, just reading about your exploits exhausts me! You bloody deserve a night on the wine. grin

I'm going to start logging my exercise for the next week or so. I barely do anything except walking (although I was more than a little surprised by how much I burned on wednesday!) so interested to see what I do in normal week iyswim. I want to know where I'm starting from then once these next couple of lbs come off I'll make a proper plan. <wibble>

BsshBossh Sat 20-Apr-13 19:42:19

Randall I'm excited on your behalf smile

I'm well, well over calories again today but looking at my weekly tally I need to be otherwise I'll be too much under and you know that I am of the "Eat More To Weigh Less" persuasion. Not that I'm complaining mind.

DoubleMum Sat 20-Apr-13 20:26:07

Well done Lizzy, that's brilliant!
I had a stonking great stirfry earlier, but I am actually blooming hungry. How annoying. I do have some cals left to play with but I was hoping to have a few pretty low days to counteract my very high days!

BsshBossh Sat 20-Apr-13 21:09:43

Fantastic news about your new PB Lizzy. Sterling work!

BambieO Sat 20-Apr-13 21:58:16

Well done Lizzy! That's brilliant!

BsshBossh Sun 21-Apr-13 21:58:13

<Bssh waddles in>

Oooof, I'm stuffed. Looking forward to a more restrained week. I definitely don't have the stomach capacity anymore to eat the amount I've eaten this weekend. I've been eating as if I was still 4 stones heavier. Lesson learned the uncomfortable way. Next weekend I need to remember this.

</Bssh waddles off to bed>

BambieO Mon 22-Apr-13 07:14:20

Haha Bssh I have found that as well! It can only be a good thing though smile

I will be waddling once a month as I try and still reclaim my inner food wench grin it's got to be done once in a while hasn't it!

DoubleMum Mon 22-Apr-13 07:31:42

I think I need reminding that I really must <mindfully> choose my hard.

BsshBossh Mon 22-Apr-13 07:56:53

It's the weekend for me. I know I'm under weekly target etc but what is the point to eat to discomfort? It's still a binge mentality that I don't need to succumb to just because I can. I eat mindfully all week, I should continue to eat mindfully at the weekend too. Sure I can eat more at weekends but I still don't have to overeat for the sake of it. This is my lesson to learn now...

Any fasters on this thread - I found this email exchange with the scientists on the Dr Moseley Horizon documentary which was really interesting, talking about the optimum fasting lengths and trying not to spread calories through the day (if you want the health benefits):
crabsalloverhealth.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/mark-butcher-emails-michael-mosleys.html

dinkydoos Mon 22-Apr-13 10:04:29

Well done lizzy!
Well, just shamefacedly filled in mfp for the weekend. Had a big blow out basically as we were visiting my brother, and went to pub at 430 in afternoon! Had the most horrendous hangover yesterday so then ended up eating loads of M & S ready meal type stuff ( full loaf of garlic bread anyone?) to try and get rid of it.
Fasting today to try and sort myself out! Thanks for link bssh will have a read!

Thanks for the link Bssh.

I too return to the thread after a weekend of eating. Not much booze. But no exercise either. I have spent all weekend watching the men in my life play rugby. Have been exhausted, after the blood giving, so have just eaten and eaten. And I haven't even enjoyed it, just felt bad because I didn't move enough sad. It is interesting to assess how things make you feel - so in the past I would have done a weekend like this quite regularly but it's good to know that I don't like that any more. Next time, I will take my running kit and between matches will run so I get the endorphin hit. Because Bambie is right, it has to be done once in a while. And I'm pretty convinced in my case I'm happy to eat and drink, I'm just not happy to not be exercising.

But today I have done a Bssh and been to the gym. I am fasting. I feel loads better already.

Randall I suspect you'll find you're quite active already when you log everything you've been such a consistent looser and done so well I think your lifestyle is more active than you think smile

Lizzy - I'll join you in roadtrip to Double's garage, we could do a Thelma and Louise type journey, I haven't got a convertible or a car but I could give you a backy on my bike if you want.

DoubleMum Mon 22-Apr-13 16:43:51

Just so long as I don't have to tidy my garage first.
Feeling a bit better today. I didn't want to moan but was feeling really fat and my trousers were tight again. Slight improvement today. Weigh-in tomorrow so we shall see what happens. I don't think I've lost (which is depressing as I've been the same weight for a long time now) but I do hope I haven't gained. It did sometimes used to happen when I was doing SW years ago that it took a week or two for my body to catch up so it's possible the holiday hasn't made its effects felt yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now