Calling all Chiefs who Choose Their Hard

(978 Posts)
DoubleMum Fri 01-Mar-13 18:13:06
BsshBossh Wed 17-Apr-13 20:26:50

LOL dinky I'm hardly the real deal either when it comes to weights - I hide out in the screened off women's section of the gym when I do them grin. When I feel more confident I'll join the big boys and girls!

Lizzylou Wed 17-Apr-13 20:30:02

Randall, verily you are a weight loss dynamo!
Dinky, I just get into the zone, once exercise is a habit it is easy to push yourself and it isn't so much of a chore. I have a few things that I have to train for and I am enjoying the time I am spending on me. Great stress buster too.
High fives all round, we rock Chiefs grin

BambieO Wed 17-Apr-13 21:05:45

Blimey ladies I turn my back for five minutes and everyone's sober, eating delicious but healthy food and exercising like mad! I must go away more often grin

You are all doing brilliantly! What a team we make smile

Back in the gym tonight shattered again, but must keep going sad

See you in the morrow!

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 17-Apr-13 21:18:20

I'm so intimidated by all you weight lifters and runners.

After my pitiful attempt at shredding back at the start I promised myself that once I hit a healthy BMI I would start properly exercising again.

I think for me because I had so much to lose (and because trying to do both felt too overwhelming. Exercising with all that fat on my body just felt so horrible too, I could feel it all every time I moved and every wobble felt like a slap in the face with how fat I was. So I sort of decided to concentrate on food and just getting the pounds off.

I've to another 2.6lb to go them I'm officially healthy. Still a long way from my goal but I'm much happier for the weight loss to slow down then and to concentrate on toning up too.

You chiefs are so inspiring!

BsshBossh Wed 17-Apr-13 22:22:33

Randall I hear you. I started my weightloss journey Feb 2012 at 210lbs but didn't feel like exercising until January 2013 at 166lbs. Until that time I just felt "too fat", "too wobbly", "too shy and embarrassed". It did feel overwhelming too for all those reasons plus I simply didn't know where to start. You'll get there with the exercising eventually. Until you do, focus on the eating (as you are).

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 17-Apr-13 23:15:12

That's exactly where I am now Bssh, started at at 210 and just hit 168.2. Healthy for my height starts at 164 (I'm 5'8") so just want to get to that before I think about anything else.

I think it's fear of change too. My body has responded so well to the calorie counting that I'm almost scared to upset the apple cart iyswim. I just want to get to that healthy milestone before I change tack and focus on getting rid of this muffin top!

I actually want to shred again, purely to see if it feels any different doing the jumping bit without it causing a Mexican wave of blubber grin

You are my hero Bsssh thanks

DoubleMum Thu 18-Apr-13 10:31:49

Am now sitting here imagining a Mexican wave of blubber.

MrGeresHamster Thu 18-Apr-13 13:31:27

Thanks Bssh for accepting mfp friend request. I'm Aesopikins on mfp.

I don't get the chance to post here much as DS (8 months) is keeping me really busy. Weaning is a lot of fun. We've just had tagliatelle and tomatoes for lunch with a melon dessert. He carefully separated the ingredients then banged his tray, currently pouring water into his lap!

It's really making me think a lot more about what I eat and why.

Randall you're doing so well. I'd defo recommend trying out exercising again just to feel the difference IYSWIM - I don't intend to use running as a form of exercise for very long I just want to know what it feels like, know that I can do it now and enjoy it because it feels different. I do know what you mean about upsetting the apple cart though - I still worry that when I stop trying to loose weight I'll put it on.

Awww Hamster I love them when they're any that age. So lovely that they see things so very differently and the tipping food everywhere takes me back <broody sigh>

Bambie I'm not sober - well I am right now - but there have been a number of instances of pissedness in my diary grin

Dinky I do not look like any deal other than the sort of deal you'd get at an old horse fair at the gym - I move the weights into corners and hide. If you don't know what you're doing I'd recommend getting a session or asking nicely a trainer to show you how to get the best out of a 20 mins session and what they'd do in an hour. I bet youtube's got loads of stuff too.

2lbs off for me - after a month of going up and staying the same. I think Easter, lots of visiting and entertaining, school holidays and my hidden TOTM all coincided. Am now at the Dukan target (as per the link earlier in the thread) but I'm 2lbs off my own target - I want some wiggle room for monthly bloating, nights out and bad weeks at work. Hoping by the end of May I'll be there.

Onwards and downwards Chiefs.

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 18-Apr-13 18:49:36

Holy cow, 2lb to go. Whoop whoop, that's bloody fantastic!

Lizzylou Thu 18-Apr-13 19:51:03

Randall, you are fab. You obviously don't need any advice but exercise really tones you up and helps mood.
My boss at work ( exercise freak who is 44 with a body like a 19 year old, amazing figure) couldn't believe I had only lost 1 stone today, she was most complimentary. I will take that from her as, nice as she is, she is a complete body fascist and thinks overweight people are lazy and unmotivated angry
What I am trying to say is don't get hung up on scales, fitness is important too and you can really change your shape/tone up.
That is what I am telling myself as this is the slowest I have ever lost weight. Yet my trousers today were hanging off me, they were too tight a few weeks ago.

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 18-Apr-13 20:01:18

Lizzy you must be looking bloody fabulous these days, I'm very jealous of you're amazing motivation.

Should be able to lose my 2.6lb in the next couple of weeks then I will get back on it definitely. You can resume your role as my personal Shredding arse kicker!

Lizzylou Thu 18-Apr-13 20:37:46

Randall, by bmi/scales I am not great! But 5ft 9 " and size 14 trousers falling off, fab.

Lizzy I'm not convinced by BMI - even though I'm now almost at my target, I am a size 10 (at topshop) and have collarbones that I could rest some books on I'm still in the top 3rd of the healthy range. Jeez - I fitted in a size 8 jacket today. If I went down to the lower half of the health range I'd be a 4 on top and a 6 below. Or less. Perhaps the sizing in the high street is bigger than it was? Perhaps I am heavier due to muscle? I think I'd look terrible if I went down further. Not sure what my point is other than I'm not convinced it helps me either.

BambieO Thu 18-Apr-13 21:54:08

2lbs to go is fab tea you are doing so so well!

All of you are smile bssh and Lizzy my favourite exercise fiends, you will be pleased to know I have just returned from the gym!

Onwards and downwards!

BsshBossh Thu 18-Apr-13 22:43:02

Woohooo Bambie you go gurl grin.

BsshBossh Fri 19-Apr-13 07:21:42

Official weigh in this morning and have lost 3 lbs. Am now 1 lb away from goal. Hurrah! Here are my weightloss stats since last year:

Eating at 10-15% cut of TDEE:
1 Feb 12 - 210 lbs
2 June 12 - 196
13 July 12 - 178
7 Sept 12 - 168
Start cardio:
10 Jan 13 - 166
25 Jan 13 - 164
Start fasting:
1 Feb 13 - 163
8 Feb 13 - 159
15 Feb 13 - 158
22 Feb 13 - 156
1 Mar 13 -156
8 Mar 13 - 155
15 Mar 13 - 153
22 Mar 13 - 152
29 Mar 13 - 149
Easter
05 April 13 - 149
12 April 13 - 149
Start weights:
19 April 13 - 146

Bssh just amazing. Wow. Great loss and just 1lb from goal. Fantastic. Well done smile I'm really happy for you.

I'm sat outside a blood donor van awaiting my appointment. I'm so nervous I am sweating and moving constantly. Wonder whether the nervous energy will burn off the scone I just ate.

DoubleMum Fri 19-Apr-13 10:10:59

Fabulous Tea and Bssh, so inspirational!!
I had a moment of depression this morning when I looked in the freezer and saw the tubs of Ben & Jerry's half price - I can't trust myself to buy it as I have in the past eaten the entire tub in one sitting. Am I ever going to be in a position where I can have it in the freezer without that happening? I don't know. But I do know that even if/when I'm at target I'm going to have to be aware and careful for the rest of my life. Maybe we'll still be Chiefing when we're 75.

MrGeresHamster Fri 19-Apr-13 10:32:07

Bssh that is awesome! So inspirational to see your journey. Even if it takes until I'm 75 I will join you down there. Onwards and downwards Chiefs!

BsshBossh Fri 19-Apr-13 11:24:13

Thank you Chiefs smile Going to enjoy a nice food-centric weekend now (doing a Randall!) and balance it out over the course of next week again so may not log this weekend and only log my weeksdays...

Also pondering my next move once I've reached target. Perhaps to get to 140 to get me more into the middle of my BMI range. I've got alot of muscle and a medium frame which skews my BMI a bit so I could easily and healthily stay at 145 but 140 will give me that weight increase buffer than will undoubtedly occur as I continue/ramp up my heavy weights programme.

BsshBossh Fri 19-Apr-13 11:26:06

It's just my 2nd week of weights but already I've been able to increase the weights for my shoulder exercise. Shoulders are the weakest part of my body so I'm very happy with that.

Lizzylou Fri 19-Apr-13 11:30:44

GO BSSSH!!!
That is so awesome grin

Good luck Tea thanks

RandallPinkFloyd Fri 19-Apr-13 18:15:54

You go Bssh you're awesome! I love that having a splurge weekend then having to pay the price is "doing a Randall" grin

Our start and goal weights are exactly the same, how weird is that! You're proving to me that I really can do it. You rock chief.

dinkydoos Fri 19-Apr-13 18:44:16

Comes in, gives everyone a high five, runs out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now