Calling all Chiefs who Choose Their Hard

(978 Posts)
DoubleMum Fri 01-Mar-13 18:13:06
LillethTheCat Fri 22-Mar-13 17:19:07

Thanks for the tips, dont like salad though. I usually have a quarter pounder with cheese as it comes with no lettuce. I keep trying to get into lettuce and salad, but its not there. There's always more exciting things to eat grin

I have no willpower at all and would be rubbish being surrounded by gorgeous desserts.

Will definately try the fruit trick. So I fancy cake, eat a banana (or apple, pear or whatever) then have cake.

Lizzylou Fri 22-Mar-13 18:12:05

Look on McDonald's website, the onion rings are lower cal than fries and a filet o fish was about 300 cals. I planned my splurge last time. One burger was over 800 cals!!!
Double, I don't aspire to the completely ripped no fat look. Just toned and slim please!
Randall I am not very good at running but have got my parkrun time down by 1 min 30 secs from my first one. Last week was my fifth. I am still over 2 mins off what I used to do! Which us still not very fast!!! Ah well.
AF here and trying to resist chocolate.

BsshBossh Fri 22-Mar-13 18:23:40

Lilleth I have to admit that I go ahead and eat junk if I want it, including a quarter pounder with bacon deluxe meal from Maccy D's, but I account for it in my calories and adjust accordingly eg skip dinner later or eat less the next day. Fortunately, as my weight loss journey has progressed, my appetite has reduced tremendously and I no longer crave junk. But I have my days...

LillethTheCat Fri 22-Mar-13 19:31:31

I might just have to do that Bssh Im kind of regretting having breakfast now, but I go shopping on a Fri morning and the thought of looking at all those biscuits, cakes and chocolate on an empty stomach was not very appetising at all. Hopefully once Ive got more into the swing of it I will be able to skip breakfast on a Friday. My plan is now to have a 16 hour fast so will not be eating until 10:30 AM. Ive not had Maccy D's tonight, but did have Pizza and Cheesecake and was over my calories (and that's even if I did say my goal was to maintain weight)

BsshBossh Fri 22-Mar-13 19:48:45

Lilleth I thought today would be a healthy eating, moderate eating day as DH is away (food is his hobby and he loves to cook) but my mother decided to visit and brought chocolate cake, pecan pie and as cooked a highly calorific egg curry (my favourite!). So tomorrow I will do a mini fast and skip breakfast and lunch. It's all about balancing out the calories over the week so it will all be fine I hope.

DoubleMum Fri 22-Mar-13 22:11:49

Mmm now I want a fillet o fish. DH isn't hungry so haven't had dinner, except for some of the children's chicken dippers I pinched.

DoubleMum Sat 23-Mar-13 11:31:20

Yuk, the weather! It's making me want shepherd's pie, so will do that today, and have a leg of lamb for tomorrow, will try to make it as healthy as possible which means no roasties for me, but I love lamb. I have rice pudding in the slow cooker but I dread to think how many calories that would be. DCs and DH love it though and had lots of milk going out of date today as we don't seem to drink so much milk anymore.

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 23-Mar-13 12:00:53

All this winter is making me ravenous too Double. Couple it with the stinking cold and the non-sleeping, ridiculously whiney toddler, and you have a recipe for a massive wagon decamp.

Luckily I'm snowed in so will have to make do what I have in!

LillethTheCat Sat 23-Mar-13 12:25:49

That's why I stopped trying to lose weight over winter and why my yearly plan includes slowing down or even stopping weight loss over the winter months and allows for weight gain over december

Its soooo much easier to lose weight in summer. In winter I want comfort food like cake and biscuits, also like hot choc to warm me up (dont like coffee and not a fan of tea though will drink it and often go through stages of trying to get into it). Whereas in summer not only is it warmer so going out for runs is easier, but I also find it easier to eat better foods such as fruit and drink water more.

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 23-Mar-13 12:29:00

I don't drink hot drinks at all but thanks to this Baltic weather I have re-discovered bovril. 10 cals!

DoubleMum Sat 23-Mar-13 12:40:18

Ooh I have some marmite, might try it - a spoonful?

Lizzylou Sat 23-Mar-13 12:46:46

I am feeling sorry for myself as am suffering with af. Have shopped and gymmed and trudged through snow. Fajitas and blackberry and apple crumble for dinner tonight. And wine.
Will rein it back in Monday and try not to go too over.

DoubleMum Sat 23-Mar-13 12:54:35

Poor you Lizzy. Have a nice hot water bottle.

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 23-Mar-13 13:01:18

Blimey Lizzy you'll deserve all the fajitas and crumble you can't your hands on!

Double I got one of those packs of disposable cups with the powder in from Bum Bargains, you get 10 for 99p. They're actually really nice, I just put some extra pepper or spices in it.

DoubleMum Sat 23-Mar-13 13:32:03

Bum Bargains??!!

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 23-Mar-13 13:35:10

Sorry, it's what we call B&M bargains!

DoubleMum Sat 23-Mar-13 15:00:35

Ah, of course! We don't have one. The rice pudding is ready and I can't resist.

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 23-Mar-13 15:30:33

Just log it and adjust other stuff either today or tomorrow. Life's too short!

DoubleMum Sat 23-Mar-13 15:50:27

I have enough calories for it, no problem.
Question - does strength training not give you any extra calories? I did some arm lifts (or whatever I am supposed to call them) with my trusty tins of beans. I really wanted to use the Wii Fit with the DCs but having all these wardrobes in my living room is seriously cramping my style.

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 23-Mar-13 15:54:11

Of course it does!

(Disclaimer: I have less than no idea)

LillethTheCat Sat 23-Mar-13 16:13:39

I dont know about MFP, but when I went to the gym last summer they had this thing you plugged into all equipment inc weights and they measured how many calories you burned. I always burned more than what I thought by doing the weights.

DoubleMum Sat 23-Mar-13 17:37:01

Hmm. Maybe I didn't log it right.

DoubleMum Sat 23-Mar-13 17:40:00

Tried again, and it doesn't post to say you've done it or give you any calories, must only count cardio. Oh well.
Really peculiar weather here, it's still snowing, but half the snow on the ground has melted since this morning.

Lizzylou Sat 23-Mar-13 18:21:15

Double, they don't count strength training on mfp. If you feel you worked hard and really felt it, log as calisthenics. I use that for sit ups etc. As I do timed ones, and get well out of breath!
Fajitas are fricking lush aren't they? Having a break before pudding and a family game of monopoly millionaire.

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 23-Mar-13 18:24:15

Timed sit ups shock <<faints>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now