Week 8 - New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - We're Running Out Of Time!

(463 Posts)
BIWI Mon 25-Feb-13 08:31:45

The Spreadsheet of Fabulousness is here

Three weeks to go!

How are you all doing?

Anyone Ubercamping this week?

Good luck. Still time to shed almost half a stone if you really stick to your knitting! grin

QuickLookBusy Mon 25-Feb-13 14:24:56

*Colette-- I will look at that, thank you.

--My DDs are 19 and 22--blush

NoelHeadbands Mon 25-Feb-13 14:28:26

Good luck MsRinky!

Well I'm a bit cheered today even though the scales are not my buddy. Because I put weight on over Xmas (and haven't lost it all yet blush ) I've kind of got it into my head that I'm fat again confused. I've been avoiding clothes shops but popped into town today and saw some jeans and a top that I liked. I did that thing I used to do, of thinking "I'll try this on at home and bring it back if its not right" because I can't bear those changing room mirrors.

So I dithered about size, but took a chance and bought the smaller size that I was before Xmas. Just tried them on now at home, and they're fine. So I can't look that much bigger.

You have no idea how much that's cheered me up grin

NoveltySlippers Mon 25-Feb-13 14:37:28

Aw, well done Noel! That's nice.

Quick you could try Rodney Yee's 'Power Yoga' a go. If I followed my own advice, I'd do him (er, by which of course I mean his DVD) daily!

He gets tons of good reviews on Amazon from people who swear he's changed their lives / bodies / minds. It's the kind of yoga which really gets you to stretch and hold positions, and it must do wonders for your body I'd be able to speak from experience if I could kick my own lazy butt into doing it

Okay - I've talked myself into giving the yoga thing a go again tonight!

Some links:

V popular yoga DVD on website

Rodney Yee yoga website

NoveltySlippers Mon 25-Feb-13 14:45:00

And interesting quote from Amazon, if this matters to you:

"Whilst Rodney Yee has a masterly tone and performs the asanas flawlessly, not once does he dip into the fluffy New Age-isms that can emerge in productions of lesser accomplishment." (!)

timidviper Mon 25-Feb-13 15:06:08

Quick I too am still trying to lose my baby weight, mine are 25 and 22! blush

PrettyPirate Mon 25-Feb-13 15:13:03

Dosh - I can't see why not? We always take lots of snacks and sandwiches for kids. And then buy water before boarding.

prettybird Mon 25-Feb-13 15:16:28

Came across this recipe for aubergine veggie burgers via a friend on fb. If you swap the breadcrums for, say, parmesan, they look like they would make a great low carb meal! smile

BIWI Mon 25-Feb-13 15:32:28

Jake you are, indeed, a Bootcamper! <pins badge on>

Ruprekt because it's a 10 week plan. It doesn't mean that you have to stop at the end of the ten weeks, and we'll keep a chat thread going. But it takes the pressure off me and Willie a bit - I don't have to keep starting new threads each week and Willie doesn't have to keep doing all the spreadsheet analysis.

Ruprekt Mon 25-Feb-13 15:40:00

But i like all the new threads and making willy work hard!!

(Wails) confusedconfusedconfusedconfused

I like being part of the gang. (Needy)

And you know you two like it too.

Dont leave us.........

timidviper Mon 25-Feb-13 15:43:19

BIWI never leaves Ruprekt. Between Bootcamps she just slows down from doing a million things a day to doing 999,999 a day while we all carry on chatting!

NoveltySlippers Mon 25-Feb-13 15:44:50

grin at Ruprekt's post

lol ruprekt

BIWI works very hard at this but i have to confess that willie does not work hard... i fiddle about with the spreadsheet once a week or so and even that i manage tardily!

NoveltySlippers Mon 25-Feb-13 16:25:23

Hey all - seeing as we're all talking about the thread and the continuation of, here's a quick Q:

So I'm still relatively new to Mumsnet as of the end of last year (I'm not a mum as some of you may remember, and found it by finding this thread, when I was Googling for low carb!).

So - t'other day, I saw Slatternlymother on another thread. I wanted to post and say 'Hey Slattern! Where ya been? Come back to Bootcamp!'

But I didn't know what Mumsnet forum etiquette on that count is..... Any thoughts?! hmm

JakeBullet Mon 25-Feb-13 16:29:07

<considers badge with pride> grin

It's amazing as I don't feel any deprivation as with a normal diet. By now I am usually working out calories and seeing what junk I can fit in. So far there is no desire to do this. I am still a bit hung up about calories (hey I am 47 and this is going so against the grain I am still adjusting) but the food is good and plenty f water is good,

Am going to slowly switchgrass DS over and have thrown out every bit of pasta in the house....he can have potatoes and carrots for carbs in smaller quantities and I'll up the cauliflower and broccoli which he loves.

I have a question about carrots - on the spreadsheet they are listed twice, as 2.5g and 6g carbs. Presumably the 6g is right? I recall carrots not being on the atkins list of approved veg.

OK, I'm in now after eating the choc chip muffin which was sitting on the side calling me blush. Do I add myself to the spreadsheet, or do we not touch that part of it? I'm going to struggle to get the water intake up, but I'm at my non-pregnancy heaviest and I don't like it sad Choc chip muffins may have had something to do with that, so feel free to shout at me wink.

I'm doing macaroni cheese for the family tonight, but I'm having aubergine au gratin, and then making some breakfast frittatas ready for tomorrow morning. Need to go shopping but my car has a puncture, so have to make do with what's in the house (which is why everyone else is reduced to pasta). Menu planning night tonight I think.

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Mon 25-Feb-13 17:03:26

Hi all smile

GuyMarin what do you put in your celeriac bake? I made celeriac mash the other night and despite the absolutely vile smell when it was cooking (eurgh - hot celery, barf) it was 'OK', but I made celeriac chips last night - not keen. I cooked them in garlic oil & himalayan salt, but they weren't very crunchy and they were still very 'parsnippy'. I'll try again at some stage with different oil & chillie powder.

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Mon 25-Feb-13 17:07:00

NoveltySlippers <waves> etc on other threads are OK, but I wouldn't 'shout' about a 'diet' thread on any other thread... just in case. But you can PM her smile Do you know how to do that or do you need some help?

Yama Mon 25-Feb-13 17:08:18

Anti-bios Question Alert?

I've been put on a Broad Spectrum anti-bios (Augmentin). I remember somebody way back on the pre-Bootcamp threads saying they were bad for weight. Anyone know anything?

I'm not worried, just curious.

BlackAffronted Mon 25-Feb-13 17:12:50

Off to zumba again shortly, I cant believe how much I love it! I hate exercise usually, but have a real passion for this smile

Change of plan for dinner, going to do parmesan & garlic crusted chicken thighs, roasted baby leeks and fried mushrooms. My Broc-a-leekie soup was fab! Have loads left for lunches this week.

prettybird Mon 25-Feb-13 17:23:36

Yama - I'm on Day 8 of amoxycillin for a bad chesty cough (had to ask for an extension of the initial 5 day course as it still hadn't lifted sad - and my GP knows I hate taking antibiotics sad) and I'm still losing weight smile

BIWI Mon 25-Feb-13 17:24:44

<strokes Ruprekt's hair> I'm not going anywhere grin

IshallwearMidnight - one is for young carrots and one is for old carrots. I know not what makes a young carrot or how to recognise one, so I always assume it's the higher count. In fact, I should probably take the lower count off that list as it is confusing

BIWI Mon 25-Feb-13 17:25:44

Jake - it does take some time getting your head around this WOE - everything runs counter to what we've been told over the last 30 or so years.

Yama Mon 25-Feb-13 17:27:31

Thanks PrettyBird. I'm the third member of my family to be taking anti-bios. Just dh to go.

Hope your cough is on the way out.

Ilisten2theradio Mon 25-Feb-13 17:27:36

Doshusallie you can take food on a plane, not liquids though unless bought after you have been through passport control. We always take food as DS has allergies and it has never been an issue - just don't try anything sloppy like soup.

I can't keep up with the threads - I missed the last few days of the old one, so I hope I am not ignoring anything too important?

I think that last weeks gain may have been a small abberation as the scales say I have lost 4lb compared to that, which now officially takes me over the 1st loss Whooooo!

I am definitely going to need some chat carrying on at the end of bootcamp as I still have a way to go (another 12lb to get to bmi 25) before I don't officially count as Overweight.

BIWI Mon 25-Feb-13 17:37:22

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now