March Diet - Need to shed a stone in 5 weeks

(170 Posts)
Moknicker Sun 24-Feb-13 15:43:09

Ive moved to the US and put on the dreaded New York stone and cant shake it off. I keep losing and putting on the same five pounds - xmas, ski trips, PIL visiting - everything keeps tripping me up.

I have a clear month till the end of March - no visitors, DH traveling so its now or never. Need lots of support to stay on the wagon. Anyone in a similar boat? What is working for you to stay motivated?

BambieO Thu 14-Mar-13 07:59:21

How are you feeling today hug?

Moknicker Thu 14-Mar-13 17:29:07

Hug - hope you are feeling better.

54.3 so didnt make it to my goal of hitting 54 today.

Going out for dinner tonight as it is our aniv so have to make sure i dont overeat. Saving up some calories from lunch.

Hope everyone else is doing better than I am.

Zoelda Thu 14-Mar-13 20:12:18

Nope! Stuck at 10.9. Think it may be conne ted to ovulation....or I'm kidding myself!

HugAndRoll Thu 14-Mar-13 21:42:18

I feel loads better. No exercise and rubbish food this week so ill more than likely see an increase tomorrow. Got 4 workouts planned for next week with other people so that will spur me on.

Spamspamspam Thu 14-Mar-13 22:14:52

Hug - so glad to hear you are finally feeling better smile migraines must be hell on earth sad

Mok - you will get there - it really hasn't been that long at all, in fact only just over two weeks so we can't expect miracles (that's what I keep telling myself anyway!) Hope you have a lovely meal and just enjoy it, not spend the evening worrying about every little morsel.

Zoelda - at least you are staying the same and not going up!! smile

Despite me a) crashing into my best friend's beautiful new BMW a few weeks ago causing her to have the whole front wing repaired then last week b) crashing my beloved car into a brick wall and writing the whole front off and then c) tonight bumped my husband's car into a small bollard in the road I am okay!!

Honestly I haven't had an accident in 20 years and three in a row and all bloody silly. My husband is in despair but laughing thank goodness. The cost of all this is phenomenal despite having insurance but there you go!

Weight wise - okayish, have come back down the couple of lbs I went up by and despite me saying I was going to get rid of the scales for a few weeks I just can't part with them, they are part of my daily existence grin

I could not do the shred level 2 today as my knees are really feeling it and I don't want to buggar them up at all. I went overboard with exercise a few years ago and didn't give my knees time to adjust and ended up not being able to do anything for a month so slow and steady the shred will have to be.

Still did my 4 mile power walk though, knees really started hurting after that so....got to keep things in check with that.

Having a V&T - thought I needed it after the scrape but it's been the first since Saturday and far better than a few/3 goblets of white wine!

Got a Spa day on Saturday so got to get the swimsuit on shock

Moknicker Fri 15-Mar-13 14:08:11

A Haiku about my day

Overate
Am resigned to my fate

Moknicker Sat 16-Mar-13 17:21:33

Same - 54.8 and have people over for dinner tonight. I find myself losing steam on this which is the cycle i seem to be stuck in.

Need to find some motivation to get through this patch.

How are the rest of your getting on. Spam - good to hear about your progress.

Hug - is the migraine over?

Spamspamspam Sun 17-Mar-13 11:30:40

Mok you sound fed up sad why do you think you are not losing?

I doing well despite pigging out big time on carbs yesterday I was 11.6 today which I haven't seen since last July - not great I know but getting more towards the weight I want to be. I went on a spa day yesterday and felt huge which is quite good actually as two years ago I went from 13.3 to 11.3 and felt amazing for quite a long time but I think my head has finally caught up with me and I now realise that 11.3 is not amazing and I need to aim for 10.3 - will try and get back to 11.3 for my holiday and then work on 10.3 between coming back from hols and before going on my next holiday in July.

HugAndRoll Sun 17-Mar-13 11:48:44

Migrane gone, 1lb gained from a week of no exercise. Will be back on it now. I got a bit upset yesterday trying on dresses for ds2 christening. It's on Easter Sunday so don't have enough time to change my shape/size by then but I want to be where I should be by my birthday (August).

Moknicker Sun 17-Mar-13 13:43:23

And thats because i ate most of an entire pear cake last night !!!! GAAAH.

Need to get back on the wagon now. No more excuses.

Spam - that is really good and hug - good news on the migrane.

Onwards and upwards!

Moknicker Mon 18-Mar-13 14:14:51

55.0 today which is slightly better but still not great.

Dont think i will get to my goal at the end of the month. sad

Moknicker Tue 19-Mar-13 15:42:46

same today. Im going to try and do the Dukan attack phase for the next five days to see if that helps.

How are the rest of you getting on? Hopefully no else has lost momentum like I have.

HopAndEggRoll Tue 19-Mar-13 23:02:13

Food still not great but went for a run/outdoor circuits at lunch today smile

Spamspamspam Wed 20-Mar-13 08:42:27

Mok you have lost nearly 4 kilos in under 4 weeks and that is BRILLIANT!!!

I just went back and checked page 1 and re-read your start weight -well done don't lose heart you are doing well girl!

I am up a lb and trying not to lose momentum but have had the worst TOTM ever since Monday -never known pain like it shock I usually have to take a couple of ibuprofen and then I am right as nine pence but this time I have been doubled up screaming in agony -which is not like me at all I have an extremely high pain threshold....think it's my age unfortunately hmm I had a bad day yesterday and ate a load of crap cos I felt crap but getting back on the wagon today.

Moknicker Wed 20-Mar-13 17:34:43

Thanks Spam - i guess the reason im not celebrating is that i keep losing weight till where i am now and then put it right back on.

What is TOTM? Sounds really bad - hopefully the ibuprofen is helping. sad

Hug - great to see you here and that the exercise program is going on.

54.5 today and trying to keep strong for the next 11 days.

TIme to wheel out those zero cal noodles again i think smile

HopAndEggRoll Wed 20-Mar-13 22:10:15

Went for a cycle at lunch today. Food is letting me down big style though and I'm as fat as ever. Thinking of doing the 5:2 diet so its only 2 days a week of being strict. Why can't I get any willpower?

Moknicker Thu 21-Mar-13 14:11:22

53.8 today - again ate pretty much nothing yesterday so it is all water loss but nevertheless it feels good to see that on the scales.

10 days to go.

Zoelda Thu 21-Mar-13 14:46:12

Hi! i have been sticking to it but had a blip last weekend which is frustrating. i'd got myself down to 10.7 (so 7lb loss) before that but spent all of this week trying to get back there! BUT

but but but

i think my scales were weighing slightly low before the blip, so since it was all fucked up anyway, i put them right. so while i am now 10.8 i think it is truer than it was before.

if im not 10.7 tmrw i may kill someone. but then i feel the for WINE

Hullou Thu 21-Mar-13 15:44:39

Hi guys did someone say The Shred is on youtube, I couldn't find the full version? I too would like to shift a chunk off myself and have just moved to Canada so there must be something in being in the Americas (could it be that they put sugar in their bacon I wonder) going to do it low carb and with regular strength building but need motivation just eaten three chocolate florentines - hhmm some way to go I would say

Hullou Thu 21-Mar-13 15:46:02

I tend to feed a migraine, don't beat yourself up - good reason to stumble

Hullou Thu 21-Mar-13 15:49:29

Nope sorry got it now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

Moknicker Thu 21-Mar-13 23:29:49

Welcome Hullou - yes its the combination of driving everywhere and the food (sugary, creamy, yummy smile )

Zoelda - hang in there. I too had a bad week last week and found it difficult but now i feel motivated again. Only 10 more days to go so lets give it our best shot.

Zoelda Fri 22-Mar-13 07:49:05

Bleh! My goal is blokes birthday on 27 April so have bought a bit more time to hit 10stone

Do you feel better than you did a month ago?

Hullou Fri 22-Mar-13 14:38:26

Yes people stare at you if you walk anywhere - you see them turning their heads in their cars smile

So starting now have eaten rice bagel with marmite and chocolate square and tea so on track (sort of) and going to keep it going now - body is getting stronger with classes but it is strong and chubby unfort.

Moknicker Fri 22-Mar-13 17:53:50

Zoelda - yes i do feel much better than i did a month ago. Have started fitting into my clothes again without having to undo the top button ;)

Hullou - yes its so strange isnt it.

53.7 so going to go for gold ie. 52 by 31st although not v. optimistic as my sister is coming to vist on the 29th and we are going to visit my best friend in NY after that.

Should be fun but doubt i am going to watch the cals then smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now