Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

March Diet - Need to shed a stone in 5 weeks

(170 Posts)
Moknicker Sun 24-Feb-13 15:43:09

Ive moved to the US and put on the dreaded New York stone and cant shake it off. I keep losing and putting on the same five pounds - xmas, ski trips, PIL visiting - everything keeps tripping me up.

I have a clear month till the end of March - no visitors, DH traveling so its now or never. Need lots of support to stay on the wagon. Anyone in a similar boat? What is working for you to stay motivated?

HugAndRoll Wed 06-Mar-13 21:49:27

Have eaten like a pig today blush but did do trx. Going for a run tomorrow during my lunch break and will shred in the evening so if I'm careful all week hopefully it will balance out.

HugAndRoll Thu 07-Mar-13 19:33:46

I went for a jog and circuits during lunch today. Our council has put outdoor gym equipment by a lot of parks in the city, jogged to the equipment, did circuits and jogged back. Was a good way to spend my lunchbreak.

Moknicker Thu 07-Mar-13 19:40:31

That's really good to hear Hug - glad you are back on track.

Still keeping up with the diet at my end. Slight upward movement on the scaled (54.6) but to be expected.

DH back again from travels tonight so need to be good and disciplined.

Spamspamspam Thu 07-Mar-13 20:03:19

Hello ladies glad to hear we are all still on track smile

I doing well day 8 of the shred complete 3.5 mile walk complete food good today. Had wine last night as friends birthday but stayed within calorie limits.

Still no movement on the scales.....But trying not to worry too much as you can se a difference in clothes etc

Moknicker Fri 08-Mar-13 12:59:00

Sigh - sprung back up to 55.1 today.
Ate up to my calorie limit yesterday so didnt even overeat particularly.
This is where it all goes pear shaped for me normally.

I have to get over this bump. Have to have to [wanders off muttering to self]

Spamspamspam Sat 09-Mar-13 09:19:05

Hi all, monicker don't get too disheartened water plays a big part in scale fluctuations.. I should know I have hardly seen any scale movement in 2 weeks despite being angelic most of the time shock. You will get there in the end!

I am pleased to report though that the scales were a little kinder to me this morning which I am pleased about as its my birthday smile I drank lots of green tea and A LOT of water yesterday in an attempt to try and shift the water retention and I think it's worked as 2.5 lb down finally! I look so much better though its hard to believe its not more lost but there you go.

Off to do day 10 of the shred and going to do a 5 miler today in an attempt to combat the Thai I am going to have this evening will do my best to keep low carb but will struggle with the sugary sauces however no rice just bean sprouts with my main.

HugAndRoll Sat 09-Mar-13 09:22:44

Lost just under 1lb this week and some more inches. I haven't been particularly good this week so I need to pull my finger out and do a better job this week.

HugAndRoll Sat 09-Mar-13 09:24:04

Happy birthday <passes totally tasty but completely fat and sugar free cake that tastes exactly like the real thing>

Moknicker Sat 09-Mar-13 15:39:19

Happy Birthday Spamm - hoe you have a great day. Its really heartening to hear about yours and Hugs success stories this week. Need to hear it to keep me going. Are you having a birthday dinner tonight?

Same old same old with me - 55.1. This weekend will be tough. I have to try and get some movement on the scales by Monday morning.

Spamspamspam Sun 10-Mar-13 18:19:09

Hi all, well I drank FAR too much wine last night and also had a lovely thai meal and although I tried to avoid carbs I didn't manage very well. I ate well at breakfast but cooked a roast this afternoon and just had to have some roast potatoes and parsnips. So not a great weekend but I was quite surprised at the scales this morning and am quite pleased with what I saw! I also did not do day 11 of the Shred today as too hungover and my knees are feeling it a bit today but I did do a 5 miler yesterday and also walked 4 miles today.

To be honest in order for this to be sustainable I had to "relax" the rules this weekend and I am going to be good all this week.

Moknicker Sun 10-Mar-13 19:12:53

54.6 this morning but ate v. little yesterday.

Totally pigged out at lunch. Pasta, pastries, cupcakes - the yanks do these fab Sunday brunches.

Will be good rest of the day.

Spam - glad to hear you had a great birthday weekend.

Zoelda Mon 11-Mar-13 08:50:44

nice weekend by the sounds of it spam! all that walking will be keeping your metabolism up.
and well done moknik! you're properly motivated arent you!

i had a similar weekend to spam, but without the excuse of a birthday. i drank a lot of friday and saturday night which obviously made me not bother with dieting. but it seems the long run on sunday and a lot of digging on saturday kept me in check as still 10.9 which i am really pleased about. i was convinced the scales would say 11st again this morning.

Spamspamspam Mon 11-Mar-13 12:18:15

Well done Zoelda! A little blip is needed now and then smile

I back on track today - smoked salmon and eggs for breakfast and I am going to make the Moussaka from the Neris and India cook book for dinner using the leftover lamb from yesterday's roast.

Lots of water and need to push myself to do the shred today. 4 weeks until I go away....

Zoelda Mon 11-Mar-13 13:06:51

spam - i cant remember where youre going? any movement on those scales or have they been launched out the window?

Moknicker Mon 11-Mar-13 13:34:01

Hi there Zoelda, Spam- great to hear you are still on track.

54.3 today which is great considering i overate yesterday. Goal is to get to 54 by thursday which is my wedding aniv and going out for dinner. Got a niceish dress that i would like to fit into by then.

Time to bring out the vile zero cal noodles. Zoelda - did you try them out?

Spamspamspam Mon 11-Mar-13 18:04:25

Zoelda - Florida and can't wait smile

Scales are moving....2 weeks ago I was 11.11 and 3/4 and then a day later I was 11.13 and 1/2 - I think the 11.11 and 3/4 was a bit flukey to be honest but anyway I am now 11.9 (yesterday) and 11.9 1/2 (today) so anything from 2 - 4 lbs lost so far. Aiming for 1.5 per week from now on and hopefully will be 11.3 when I leave. This is the lowest I have been in 10 years and I got there 18 months ago but slowly have been creeping up to nearly 12 stone again. I would love to continue and finally achieve my goal of 10.7 and will aim for that when I get back from the US and before my holiday in July.

Good luck Mok - fingers crossed for your 54 by Thursday - gosh that sounds so so light! Over 3 stone lighter than me - I hope you are really really short grin

Zoelda Mon 11-Mar-13 18:50:17

awesome. it is so bloody depressing when they go the wrong way. it can really f up my day. you're quite tall arent you?

(i think shes a double amputee)

Moknicker Mon 11-Mar-13 20:28:14

Spam = Zoeda -thanks. in addition to being really really short i have stick legs and arms and a big stick out belly. Basically imaging a walking barrel with 4 sticks and you pretty much get the picture.

Spamm - hope you have a FAB time in florida.

Moknicker Tue 12-Mar-13 13:48:58

54.8 today and feel fatter. I find this middle zone really tough.

HugAndRoll Tue 12-Mar-13 19:58:09

I'm still 12 stone. I'm on day 3 of a migrane so no exercise which means my food choices aren't as good (I find exercise motivates me to eat well). Dr has prescribed me 600mg ibuprofen which I hope works as we've booked work bikes for tomorrow lunch.

Spamspamspam Wed 13-Mar-13 09:12:35

Hug sad sorry to hear about your migraine -hope you feel better today.

I am mrs frustrated from frustratedville!!! Scales have gone UP again by 2lbs in the last few days and I have no idea why.... I look different I think, I feel different and all my clothes don't correlate with this weight so really pissed off....

Going to keep going as looking in the mirror I am starting to see good results but I so wish the scales would blooming catch up! Might even put some piccies up for you all to have a look.....scary though as its still not pretty smile

Spamspamspam Wed 13-Mar-13 10:35:47

Just did Shred Level 2 day 1, going to ignore the scales completely for a while, might even hide them away for a couple of weeks because I also measured and I have lost an inch off my tummy in the last week, maybe more from 2 weeks ago but I didn't measure on starting day. One thing though my joggers have got loads more length in the tummy ties and I tried a pair of jeans on today that I couldn't get on without a HUGE muffin top a few weeks ago - they looked nearly bearable to wear out today!

BambieO Wed 13-Mar-13 11:42:36

Well done spam!

Moknicker Wed 13-Mar-13 12:08:55

hug - hope you are feeling better. I too have migraines and nothing beats ibuprofen and going to bed.

Spam - great news on the inches. Yes ditch the scales as it does vary so much - time of day, time of month, lunar cycles god knows what else.

54.3 today - trying to hit my goal of 54 tomorrow. Lets see.

HugAndRoll Wed 13-Mar-13 12:35:19

I'm off work today. In pain still even with 600mg doses. Good news is I'm not hungry and at 1pm I can take the next dose.

Well done all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now