March Diet - Need to shed a stone in 5 weeks

(170 Posts)
Moknicker Sun 24-Feb-13 15:43:09

Ive moved to the US and put on the dreaded New York stone and cant shake it off. I keep losing and putting on the same five pounds - xmas, ski trips, PIL visiting - everything keeps tripping me up.

I have a clear month till the end of March - no visitors, DH traveling so its now or never. Need lots of support to stay on the wagon. Anyone in a similar boat? What is working for you to stay motivated?

Spamspamspam Thu 28-Feb-13 13:16:22

How is everyone doing today? I am doing well and actually dusted off the Shred today and completed day 1 phase 1....funnily enough it wasn't as bad as I had remembered. I am sure I am going to be very sore tomorrow but I am going to have to really dig deep and get through the pain barrier and make sure I complete day two. This is where I always slip up, I can't struggle through the sore muscles on day 2 and 3 of the Shred.

Also did a 3 mile walk, keeping up the water and doing well with food.

MUST STAY FOCUSSED!!!

Zoelda Thu 28-Feb-13 13:31:09

what the hell are zero caolrie noodles?! what are they made of? how do they taste? caulioflower rice is bloody brilliant tho

i can only begin to imagine how much cake id eat if i were a sahm! altho you might get a chance to do nice walks more often? i find myself pretty time poor so mainly run on the weeknd (and not at all atm - drs orders)

well done on your walk spam

ive done well so far. porridge breakfast, home made veg soup lunch. will cook a thai green curry with turkey breasdt meat for dinner.

HugAndRoll Thu 28-Feb-13 19:44:12

Waiting for ds1 to go to bed so I can shred. I'm so tempted to weigh though, need to resist.

HugAndRoll Thu 28-Feb-13 20:31:47

And it's done smile

HugAndRoll Thu 28-Feb-13 21:16:19

Why the fuck did I just weigh myself, fully clothed at the end of the day? Showed a gain of 2lbs and I'm really sad. I know it doesn't help
I weighed "at my heaviest" but shit, it still hurts.

Kirstoll Thu 28-Feb-13 21:25:27

I feel for you, the same reason I accidentally ate a sausage roll maybe? I hae such low willpower sad

Moknicker Thu 28-Feb-13 21:41:02

Spam - your day sound brilliant.

Zoelda - here is the lowdown on zero calorie noodles.

inkfish.fieldofscience.com/2012/08/the-shambulance-zero-calorie-noodles.html

Unfortunately it was vile!!!! So thats the end of that for me.

Hug - please dont feel despondent - at the end of the day, with clothes on, anyone in the world would be 2bls heavier. When i record my weight, it is first thing in the morning, no clothes, after a pee - you get the picture smile

We are all still here after 4 days and its not even March yet so that is good. We have another 31 days to get to our goal.

Moknicker Thu 28-Feb-13 21:42:07

Oh - my update is that i was really good yesterday, Good today as well but no joy on the scales. I also feel really bloated - think its those :*&sted
noodles.

HugAndRoll Thu 28-Feb-13 22:03:17

Hmm no calorie noodles don't sound pleasant. I know it was stupid weighing in the night. Dh had pizza, I had Jordan's country crisp strawberry and natural yogurt. Mine was yum.

HugAndRoll Thu 28-Feb-13 22:04:07

Just jumped on again and my clothes weighed precisely 2lbs lol.

Zoelda Thu 28-Feb-13 22:12:31

Did they taste of anything at all?

Spamspamspam Thu 28-Feb-13 23:11:32

Hug what you eat and drink in a day can make a difference of 2-4lbs!!!

Weigh once a week same place same clothes or none at all and same circumstances I.e post wee/poo, before any food and drink etc.

Weighing different times of the day with different clothes etc is no indicator AT ALL and is only going to make you feel despondent!!

Spamspamspam Thu 28-Feb-13 23:15:03

I was shocked today at the difference of just 8lb of additional weight....tried on my maid of honour dress that I wore for my sisters wedding 15 months ago. I got it on and done up but I looked hideous in it - was really shocked as have convinced myself that the 8lb gain doesn't really show - it does shock

Moknicker Fri 01-Mar-13 00:05:32

Zoelda - they have a fishy smell but it goes away when you wash it well with water. They are then tasteless but absorb the flavour of whatever sauce you put on them but it has a gloopy texture. Ive got four more packets of the darn things - so ive no choice than to give it a go again - four times!

Hug - yay on the no clothes weighing

Spam - hang in there. Losing 8lbs in a month is very achievable.

Interesting link on training yourself to like healthy food!

www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/feb/26/healthy-food-train-yourself-like-it

Spamspamspam Fri 01-Mar-13 12:19:13

Moknicker - those noodles sound gross! Urgghhh

Hope you all doing well, I was up this morning and forced myself to do shred level 1 day two - even though a bit sore! I am now really really sore and dread to think what it will be like in the morning, but I am going to try and battle through as I know that after a few days my muscles won't be as sore as this. I remember a personal trainer once telling me to work through the pain and you won't get it again and she was right, I just have to do the same here - the actual workout wasn't too bad....

Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for Breakfast
Butternut squash soup for lunch

Not sure on dinner yet....

Lots of water!

Moknicker Fri 01-Mar-13 18:59:34

Spam - really great you are sticking to your Shred. URgghhh sounds about right re the noodles.

Finally some movement on the scales. Have hit 56 kgs but now comes the tough bit. DH is back from travelling and going into the weekend - my traditional downfall. Need to try and ensure I dont put it all back on this weekend. I normally move between the 55 - 58 band since coming to the US. Need to break the barrier and keep it down this time.

Good day so far. Havent exercised as yet but will do so.

HugAndRoll Fri 01-Mar-13 20:46:54

I've shredded today, I have now done 5 consecutive days of exercise. I've also had 5 consecutive chocolate free days too which for me is a Very. Big. Deal.

I don't have many calories left for today and really want a treat. May see what yogurt and honey would be.

HugAndRoll Fri 01-Mar-13 20:56:50

Not enough for that but enough for an options hot choc smile

HugAndRoll Sat 02-Mar-13 08:14:41

I'm having a day off today from exercise and counting every calorie. I need a treat day or I will give up. I have lost 1.4lbs since Monday but am changing weigh day to Saturday so I can have it as my day off
I've also lost inches - 0.5 from waist, 1.5 from hips, 1 from narrow part of waist, 0.5 from thighs giving a total of 3.5 inches in 4 days!

Spamspamspam Sat 02-Mar-13 08:43:18

Hug - thats great on the inches - amazing!!

I am going to try not to have a day off exercise but by god my legs are killing me from the Shred. I don't know how people get through it I really don't. I know I am overweight being just a tad over 25 BMI, I walk every day 3-4 miles up hill (and there are some big ones!) in sand and over all sorts of terrain yet 20 mins of the shred and I am broken.....anyway I am going to keep going as so many other people seem to be able to do it!

Food and water was good yesterday and did a 3.5 mile walk after the shred, had a few V&T's last night but it was Friday! Haven't weighed, not sure I really want to, to be honest. I might give it a week or two.

Moknicker Sat 02-Mar-13 14:00:37

Hug and Spam - great news on the inches and keeping up the Shred. Have a lovely weekend.

My weight has sprung back up on the back of a Friday night and i wasnt event bad. My objective is to keep on track this weekend and not blow it and feel sick on Monday - that is when i normally give up. Just need to keep going. I know that if i can be good this weekend, i can keep to it during the week.

Whatnameforme Sat 02-Mar-13 16:03:21

Hello all, I'd love to join you on this. I need to loose 3.5 stone in total but it'll be a good start. I was very good yesterday and walked 8 miles. Hopefully my next weigh in will show a good loss! smile

Spamspamspam Sat 02-Mar-13 16:29:23

Whatnameforme - welcome smile

Moknicker - I said I didn't want to weigh for a while, but I did and I am up on the day before....anyway as long as we are doing the right things we will LOSE - so many things can affect weight - one in particular is water.

So lot's of water today, good on food and managed 3rd day of Shred and it wasn't too bad....then did a 4 mile brisk walk which was lovely.

Can't wait for my clothes to be LOOSE grin

Moknicker Sun 03-Mar-13 03:07:59

Have had a relatively decent day for a saturday. Dh ordered fried calamari for lunch and after munching delicately on the first one, I succumbed and hoovered up the rest.

I am probably JUST about within my calorie target. Will probably give the scales a miss tomorrow. No need for masochism.

Zoelda Sun 03-Mar-13 09:25:31

Blindly 8 miles! Well done. I try and do some fasted cardio but find it so hard to fit in.

Haven't been too bad considering its the weekend. Although let myself take last night off and ate a rats beef dinner and drank buckets of wine.

I needed it and my bloke needed to remember I was normal. I'm a leeeeetle cranky when I diet!

Ridiculous weekend. One kid has scarlet fever and the cat had to go to surgery due to fighting injuries. Then other kid smashed mouth open. So much blood. Back on it today and lots of digging, hopefully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now