post weight-loss - did you bin fat clothes or sell them?

(7 Posts)
Talkinpeace Sat 23-Feb-13 17:44:27

charity shop

and replaced them from same ...

the advantage of now being a size 8/10 is that there are loads of nearly new clothes that have been donated by people who were kidding themselves at the original shop

Alligatorpie Sat 23-Feb-13 14:57:12

Congrats on your weight loss. I would donate them, and just get them out of the house.

Iheartcrunchiebars Sat 23-Feb-13 14:13:09

I got rid of most of mine to a charity shop so it will be harder to put weight back on. This included clothes that still fitted (baggy tops etc) but I only bought because I was bigger and knew they would be comfy.

I reckon get rid of them it's another incentive to stay slim when your clothes get tighter.

Wolfiefan Sat 23-Feb-13 14:05:49

Monsoon were offering £10 off a new item when you took in an old one.

Earlybird Sat 23-Feb-13 13:59:38

Is it worth seeing if any of the items can be altered to fit your new size? Though that can be ££, so the item would have to be nice enough to warrant further investment.

Honesttodog Sat 23-Feb-13 13:55:06

anyone?

Honesttodog Sat 23-Feb-13 12:20:58

I'm on a declutter mission. I lost about 20 pounds last year and have a few items to get rid of. Normallly I send everything to the charity shop but I do have a few things in vg condition, good quality (monsoon, banana republic, boden) that I am unlikely to wear again. Should I bother trying to sell them or just get the clutter out of my house and accept the loss? once I decide I don't want something I like to get rid of it quickly so I don't change my mind...

We are going to move house soon and I am trying to get stuff organised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now