Is there a Slimming World thread on here please?

(139 Posts)
CherryPie3 Fri 22-Feb-13 12:36:24

Hi! smile

I decided to start the SW eating plan again after I fell off the wagon 5yrs ago...blush

Will be joining my local group next Tuesday evening.
I have tried to get back on the wagon many times but this time feels different, I'm at the end of my tether with it and I'm at my shameful heaviest.

My stats: (confusedblushconfused)
Height:- 5'6
Weight:- 20st 9lbs

Anyone wanna join me? Or point me in the direction of an existing thread? xx

ceebeegeebies Sun 17-Mar-13 15:55:33

Hi

I have been AWOL after a couple of badweeks so back on it tomorrow smile

My holiday is only 5 months away now so my target is to try and lose half a stone a month hmm

Oogerbooger Mon 18-Mar-13 08:28:37

Bought scales yesterday and leapt on this morning - 13st 7lb (I had guesstimated a whole stone heavier so yay!)

So...

Weight: 13st 7lb
target: 11st
Height: 5'9"

Half a stone a month is completely doable ceebee

Oogerbooger Mon 18-Mar-13 12:20:22

Had 1/4 of this yummy spinach and feta pie for dinner last night, and for lunch today too.

Do you think it is a good or bad SW meal?

For lunch today had two poached eggs with it....

CherryPie3 Fri 22-Mar-13 13:55:38

Hello everyone smile Welcome Ooger

How is everyone? I thought I'd have had loads of posts to catch up on but nope!
It's been my daughters birthday here and then I was ill so that's the reason for my absence. I haven't strayed from SW a single bit though!

I got weighed last Tuesday and had lost just 1lb but wasn't too bothered as I was ill anyway and at least it wasn't a gain...

We tried a new recipe this week, lemon and Greek yoghurt Cajun chicken kebabs. I didn't actually get to taste them as I left them for my husband - but he said they were amazing!! I'll post the recipe soon, they were very easy, literally put all ingredients in a ziploc bag to marinate (I left them 22hrs in the fridge) and then skewer them up into kebabs and grill smile

ceebee half a stone? Easy peasy for you smile

pickle glad to hear the boot camp is going well!!

I also made an awesome BBQ sauce this week, totally syn free and really tasty. Will also post recipe for that when I get chance. I used it as a marinade/cooking sauce to make hunters chicken. Today I'm using it to marinate potatoes! It's so lovely smile

Take care everyone x

CherryPie3 Tue 26-Mar-13 10:33:54

How's everyone doing?

Had my weigh in this morning...another 1lb off taking total loss to 1st 4lb in 6weeks.
I'll be stepping up the workouts this week and taking the toddler out on long walks in the big 3 wheeler buggy. I wish the weight was coming off a bit quicker, we're off back to Disneyland Paris in July and I want to take the kids on Crush's Coaster...I've always been too scared to try before In case I'm too fat for the harness sad

Hope everyone's doing well xx

CherryPie3 Tue 26-Mar-13 10:46:35

Lemon Cajun Chicken kebabs...
4tbsp fat free natural or Greek yoghurt
2tbsp Cajun seasoning
1tsp lemon juice (the concentrated stuff is fine)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chicken breast chunks

1) In a bowl or ziploc bag, mix all the ingredients together. Zip the bag up and give it a good shake.

2) Stick it in the fridge to marinate for 4-6 hours (preferably overnight). (I always prepare mine the evening before I need it so it marinates for about 24hrs).

3) Thread chicken into kebab skewers and grill until cooked, turning regularly. You could even oven bake the chunks and serve in a wholemeal pitta bread. (I think these can be a HExB option).

Syn Free BBQ Sauce.
1 onion peeled and chopped
1tsp mild chilli powder
8fl oz passata
3tbsp canderel or Splenda
4tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Worcestershire sauce
Half tsp mustard powder
Salt and fresh ground pepper

1) sauté the onion and chilli powder in frylight on a low heat for 5mins until softened.

2) stir in remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins until thickened. Whizz with a hand blender until smooth.

Can be used as a cooking sauce it marinade. I suppose it would be ok as a dipping sauce too but it wasn't to my taste. It freezes well too.

CherryPie3 Tue 26-Mar-13 11:50:20

Really wanted to go mad and proper binge this morning so I quickly cooked some poached eggs with a slice of wm toast and a full tin of beans! I was so full afterwards, glad my 'binge' was a controlled one.

So I've had half of one HExB today.

<sigh> I want to go on a noce long walk right now but I can't cos my brothers coming over. Moan moan grumble grumble.

CherryPie3 Wed 27-Mar-13 13:48:24

Hmmm, no one around?

Hope you're all well x

CherryPie3 Wed 03-Apr-13 21:14:52

HELLO....hello.......<echo, echo, echo....)

Just wanted to report in as it was my weigh day yesterday - I maintained sad
Trying to be positive about it as at least I survived Easter without gaining!
Really hope you haven't all abandoned me haha xx

Hi CherryPie smile

I've been doing SW since the middle of February, and go to my local group. I went tonight and lost 2.5 pounds, for a total of 6.5 pounds in 5 weeks. That was with a couple of weeks where I maintained, so I'm really pleased with that loss so far.

Name: LollipopViolet
Starting Weight: 13 stone 6
Current Weight: 12 stone 13.5
Goal Weight: 8 stone something? I don't know really.

CherryPie3 Sat 06-Apr-13 12:35:39

Hi Lollipop smile

Great losses, well done!!

I really don't think any of the others are coming back to this thread ya know... Lol xx

CherryPie3 Fri 26-Apr-13 15:29:55

Definitely nobody coming back sad

But for the record I'm now 18st 12lbs. grin

CherryPie3 Wed 01-May-13 16:08:15

Weigh in last night...1.5lbs off. Current weigh 18st 10.5lbs
Happy with my progress.

Total weight loss to date: 27.5lbs grin

AmberSocks Tue 07-May-13 21:56:20

HI i did slimming world for a few months a couple of years ago before my wedding and lost about a stone and a half,i stopped doing it after the wedding and put it all back on and more!

I am actually 8 weeks pregnant and considering doing it again,i i dont tend to put much weight on when pg but inbetween pgs i do!I am 105 kg now,10 kg than i was after my son was born 7 months ago.my other pregnancies and births have all been straightforward and enjoyable and i dont want my weight to change it.

Has anyone done it when pregnant?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now