need to loose 1.5 to 2 stone need support and nagging!

(89 Posts)

Hi, I really need to / want to loose at least 1.5 stone, I'm currently about 11.5 ( as in half) , a size 14 (but do struggle with some size 14 jeans) and was about 9 stone when I meet dh in 2006. I do realise after having DT's I will never be 9 stone again or the lovely size 8/10, but would love to get to 10 stone and a size 12.

I don't need to join a diet club as such as I know exactly what to avoid and to watch my portion sizes. I just need some motivation and people to keep on at me. Motivation : a friends wedding in 8 weeks and a summer holiday in Spain (with skinny sister, mother and niece!!!!). I also need to start exercising again. I ran a 10k about 18 months ago and used to enjoy exercise, but have been suffering with ptsd which came out in June last year, so have struggled to find any energy! But am now feeling better so hopefully.......Also have started smoking again after almost 4 years !!!! which I need someone to help me kick myself up the arse about.

Does anyone fancy joining me on possible comparing what we have eaten and exercise and weight loss etc?

Sorry for long post! Hope to hear from some of you!

day 2 of shred done

MrsBertMacklin Tue 12-Mar-13 20:58:10

looks at dust-covered copy of 30DS on the floor

Yes, I must get back on The Shred.

Are we all looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow?

What weights are you using, halves?

Only 1 kg . Yesterday I felt like a button after but today I'm seizing up . Tomorrow may hurt! Please someone else join me to keep me at it for 30 days!!

BambieO Wed 13-Mar-13 08:22:28

I am on day 10 today nothing so we can keep going together smile

BambieO Wed 13-Mar-13 08:36:22

Weigh in complete, I have lost 6.8 more pounds so am 11.6 pounds down since I joined the threads. You are all keeping me so motivated, having to keep up with the jones' is definitely working for me so far.

Happy weigh ins all smile

I only lost 1 pound hmm

BambieO Wed 13-Mar-13 09:10:35

There's nothing 'only' about 1lb!!!! That's brilliant smile

It's much healthier to lose at a recommended level, I am looking forward to being able to get to a steady loss of 1-2 lbs per week as that's when you know it's staying off for good!

MrsBertMacklin Wed 13-Mar-13 12:48:07

I'm at 195 pounds today, which is a loss of 7 pounds since last Wednesday's weigh-in, which I'm quite pleased with (although I'm guessing some of this is water weight!).

I think my aim this week is to have a good look at what nutrients I'm taking in. Looking back at last week's food diary, I'm eating lots of protein, but most of my carb intake is coming from my treats and snacks, so I'll seek to change this.

Well done Bambi and nothingbyhalves.

BambieO Wed 13-Mar-13 13:37:50

That's fantastic mrsB smile

I'm very proud that's a brilliant loss! It's amazing how much it spurs you on.

I think I am going to factor in some treats but I just have to be careful how many as I get addicted blush

I keep craving a fresh chicken fillet burger with all the salad and chips?! Goodness knows why!

Well done you both!

BambieO Wed 13-Mar-13 17:17:58

And well done you nothing, we are all doing great smile

MrsBertMacklin Fri 15-Mar-13 10:42:40

Hi everyone, ready for the weekend?

I had a major overindulgence yesterday, which was a planned choice (dinner at a friend's), but does mean I'm down to 1200/cals a day for the rest of the week to balance it out. Luckily, no major plans this weekend which involve food or alcohol.

You?

I've done my back in!!!!! so no 30 day shred for me sad also dh birthday this weekend, so god knows how i'm going to be good sad

Sorry all I'm abandoning you all. Just had a moment of realisation. Got so much on at moment. Inspection looming in work, dt 3 year olds who are rather demanding at the moment, that I'm trying to take pressure of wherever I can.
Have decided I'm not obese or unhealthy, I'm a size 14 and maybe that is what I'm supposed to be! I've spent most of my adult life trying to change my body. So I'm going to have 6 months or do not on a bloody diet or exercise routine.
Obviously I don't want to gain any weight. So will just aim to get my 5 a day, not have too much sat fat etc and I will go to gym when I fancy to relax! Sorry guys, girl needs a break ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now