need to loose 1.5 to 2 stone need support and nagging!

(89 Posts)

Hi, I really need to / want to loose at least 1.5 stone, I'm currently about 11.5 ( as in half) , a size 14 (but do struggle with some size 14 jeans) and was about 9 stone when I meet dh in 2006. I do realise after having DT's I will never be 9 stone again or the lovely size 8/10, but would love to get to 10 stone and a size 12.

I don't need to join a diet club as such as I know exactly what to avoid and to watch my portion sizes. I just need some motivation and people to keep on at me. Motivation : a friends wedding in 8 weeks and a summer holiday in Spain (with skinny sister, mother and niece!!!!). I also need to start exercising again. I ran a 10k about 18 months ago and used to enjoy exercise, but have been suffering with ptsd which came out in June last year, so have struggled to find any energy! But am now feeling better so hopefully.......Also have started smoking again after almost 4 years !!!! which I need someone to help me kick myself up the arse about.

Does anyone fancy joining me on possible comparing what we have eaten and exercise and weight loss etc?

Sorry for long post! Hope to hear from some of you!

MrsBertMacklin Sat 09-Mar-13 10:39:31

Totally! I got this from WeightWatchers. As long as you don't take the piss rollover your surplus calories for more than a week, it's a really good way to deal with Saturday nights out.

BambieO Sat 09-Mar-13 10:48:16

You are an angel haha you have just made my week smile

Soditall Sat 09-Mar-13 10:56:42

Can I join you all?

I was a size 6-8 when I met my OH now DH,now I'm a size 16 and I hate it.I was an 18 so have managed to drop one size which I'm really happy about.I have had 5 children,lost the weight pretty much as soon as I'd had my first 4 children but it wouldn't shift after baby number 5.

I need to loose at least a stone in the next month before we go on holiday.We'll be seeing my MIL and FIL.They're lovely and won't say anything about my weight but I hate being so big compared to the first time they saw me.

And I do not want another summer of feeling fat and frumpy and not being able to wear what I want.

I don't want to be as small as I was,I'd just like to get back down to a size 12.

I've started slimming world today and I'm getting back on my exercise bike,going to start going for a 30 minute walk every day.Next week I'm going to start going swimming twice a week.

I could really do with some motivation!

My DH is lovely but he loves me no matter what size I am so isn't great at motivating me and my children all tell me I'm gorgeous so I can't rely on the oldest two(nearly adults)to not to offer me all the nice treats they'll be eating.

BambieO Sat 09-Mar-13 19:16:24

Hi soditall!

Welcome to the boards. I am a newbie myself but this thread is really helping me. My DH is the same, it's so hard I would rather he just say 'yes you have put on weight' odd as that may sound.

How did you do today?

Soditall Sat 09-Mar-13 23:07:44

Thanks for the welcome BambieO.

I've done well today,went for a 30 minute walk,did 10 minutes on the exercise bike and danced and did exercises with the children for 10 minutes and I've stuck to the diet so far.

I spoke to my husband about it earlier on and since he's told me how well he thinks I've done today with the exercise bless him so he is trying now.

Tomorrow I'll still do all the exercise but I know the diet will fall by the wayside as DH and the children are bound to have bought me naughty treats for tomorrow but I'll make sure I get straight back onto it on Monday morning.

How are you getting on?

BambieO Sun 10-Mar-13 11:09:24

That's brilliant! I am on day 7 of 'the shred' so I will make sure I do that today and then I won't feel so bad indulging in my Mother's Day meal haha.

I have been very good all week and resisted a Chinese takeaway last night, my proudest moment yet grin

muchwanted Sun 10-Mar-13 20:50:34

I missed reporting in this week as had ofsted. Also that meant didn't have time to plan meals so it all went a bit wrong. I lost 2.5lbs fist week but seems to have gone back on this week. I will start exercising tomorrow! Need to be good all week as am away at the weekend.

KM224 Sun 10-Mar-13 21:38:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MrsBertMacklin Mon 11-Mar-13 00:21:25

I've reported KM224's post as spam.

I've just finished planning my meals for the coming week, here's to staying on track.

BambieO Mon 11-Mar-13 11:49:05

mrsb what are your dinners? I am looking for some healthy inspiration!

stclair Mon 11-Mar-13 16:12:43

Hi all, I joined this thread back in the beginning but haven't posted again but am now going to start! I had a goal of not being fat and turning 40 but the latter has occurred and am still the former so my next goal is a beach holiday in June which I CANNOT be seen on in my current wobbly state. So, Shredded on Friday, gym Saturday, Shredded today and eaten porridge and salad so far. I've lost weight in the past like this but can't stick with it past a few weeks so really want to keep on with it. I joined Slimming World online a few months ago just to have the thought of a weigh-in to remind me not to eat everything in sight when the need hit but really need a real live person weighing me to really scare me into action. So, will be cancelling that and hope reporting here will do the trick as you are semi-live (IFYSWIM!!).

BambieO Mon 11-Mar-13 16:22:23

We are as love as we can be grin

It's great you have had such a good start. Like you I usually last a few weeks but being on here combined with the shred and hopefully I have a fighting chance.

I have a wedding in summer, a hen do and a wedding in autumn/winter so I need to get in shape badly!

BambieO Mon 11-Mar-13 16:22:43

live not love although we are all lovely

stclair Mon 11-Mar-13 16:30:18

Ha ha BambieO!

At least the weather is still shockingly awful so don't need to try finding summer clothes in my wardrobe to fit yet. Although on second thoughts would gladly squeeze into something for a bit of sun!

BambieO Mon 11-Mar-13 16:34:50

Gosh I know, snow when spring is meant to be here! angry

I am so determined to be able to wear what I want this summer. I was pregnant with my first DC last summer so was like a sweaty blimp blooming grin

Would give anything to slip into a nice summer dress and not have these great bingo wings flapping beside me as I lift my pimms

stclair Mon 11-Mar-13 16:46:35

Oh me too. I was pregnant with second DC last summer and have forgotten what it's like to slip into something, sadly. Hey-ho, this summer will be different with toned arms with which to lift glass to chug back sip daintily on said pimms.

MrsBertMacklin Mon 11-Mar-13 17:09:12

My dinners for this week will be:

Prawn pad thai
Bacon & spring greens risotto
Harissa salmon with white bean mash, roasted tomatoes & green beans
Cajun chicken fajitas
Cauliflower dal with chapati
Chilli with lentils & green beans (and loaded nachos for friends who need a bit more bulk, entertaining on Saturday evening)
Not sure about Sunday yet, hoping I'm going to get taken out for the day.
Everything above comes in at about 400/cals

Lunches this week are going to be soup, sushi or Pret wraps.

Breakfast is always porridge anyway, with whatever fruit in the bowl which is about to go off thrown in grin

Puddings: either YooMoo frozen yoghurt, M&S swiss roll (two for £2!), baked apples, cottage cheese with pineapple, or a glass of something from the cocktail cabinet.

I need some more snack ideas! SO bored of clementines & rice cakes.

BambieO Mon 11-Mar-13 17:09:42

My sentiments exactly smile

My arms are a big issue for me, what are your problem areas? My tummy is a bit depressing, not huge but not what it was pre DS but if arms and legs are toned you can hide it grin

BambieO Mon 11-Mar-13 17:11:04

mrsB your menu sounds to die for envy I must start looking at some of these recipes. I am getting bored of the same old every day.

Just did day one of 30 ds!! didn't find it too hard apart from the ab stuff, apparently DH heard me saying "labour was easier than this!" diet going ok, using mfp, loads! MrsBertMacklin can I come and eat at your house!!! your menu sounds lovely! Much better than mine. I did make a pasta free lasange on saturday with quorn mince, which was suprisingly nice (I used slices of aubergine, pepper and courgette instead if pasta.

As for snacks, I now have a weight watchers hot chocolate mid morning rather than a chocolate bar, and Aldi do some cereal bars which are only around 90 calories each, so am living off them! I o sometimes have a slice of cheese, but make sure its a really thin slice! As a family we eat a lot of homemade soup (as its the only was dc will eat veg!) which I make without frying the veg before hand so is really low fat.

Not sure how i will do on wednesday, but fingers crossed!
Good luck all

BambieO Mon 11-Mar-13 19:40:16

Do you know how many calories in the lasagne nothing ? It sounds lovely I would love to try and make one

It's approximately 300 calories made using spray oil quorum mince, garlic, chilli and topped with small amount of grated cheese .

BambieO Tue 12-Mar-13 09:35:26

Ah brilliant thank you flowers

stclair Tue 12-Mar-13 14:01:14

Bambieo - my tummy is far too big, and am just too wobbly around my middle/bottom.

I've seen mentioned on mumsnet the Jillian Michaels 6w6p (I think?). Has anyone done it and how long is it?

BambieO Tue 12-Mar-13 15:04:09

I haven't done it but will be watching for replies as that's the next step for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now