need to loose 1.5 to 2 stone need support and nagging!

(89 Posts)

Hi, I really need to / want to loose at least 1.5 stone, I'm currently about 11.5 ( as in half) , a size 14 (but do struggle with some size 14 jeans) and was about 9 stone when I meet dh in 2006. I do realise after having DT's I will never be 9 stone again or the lovely size 8/10, but would love to get to 10 stone and a size 12.

I don't need to join a diet club as such as I know exactly what to avoid and to watch my portion sizes. I just need some motivation and people to keep on at me. Motivation : a friends wedding in 8 weeks and a summer holiday in Spain (with skinny sister, mother and niece!!!!). I also need to start exercising again. I ran a 10k about 18 months ago and used to enjoy exercise, but have been suffering with ptsd which came out in June last year, so have struggled to find any energy! But am now feeling better so hopefully.......Also have started smoking again after almost 4 years !!!! which I need someone to help me kick myself up the arse about.

Does anyone fancy joining me on possible comparing what we have eaten and exercise and weight loss etc?

Sorry for long post! Hope to hear from some of you!

BambieO Sat 02-Mar-13 21:33:58

Hi all! Please can I join smile I had never heard of the 30 day shred until now. Does it work? Can anyone tell me roughly what it actually is?

Have ordered 30 day..... and some weight! Hope they don't end up gathering dust..................

BambieO Sun 03-Mar-13 19:29:32

Lets do it together! I did day 1 of the shred today, it was hard work and I mean hard I am ridiculously unfit but I feel a million dollars now and have a few small aches (very bearable) which makes me proud I have worked my body smile

Will hopefully get DVD on Thursday! Will possibly dig out an old davina DVD to do until then!

BambieO Sun 03-Mar-13 20:59:42

I tried davina once it killed me haha, it's definitely a good idea in the meantime. That's very dedicated, I would have had to sit on the sofa eating wait until it arrived grin

MrsBertMacklin Tue 05-Mar-13 14:16:49

Hi everyone.

OP, I think a set day of the week to update would be good. Perhaps a 'Weigh-In Wednesday'? Close enough to the coming weekend to provide motivation?

I'm doing fairly well on the healthy eating front. MyFitnessPal is proving invaluable for tracking and controlling what I eat.

My 'unexpectedly having to eat lunch out' tip: Starbucks' Bistro salad boxes. Surprisingly tasty and healthy.

So Wednesday is feedback to group day? Weigh in and how it's all gone. Didn't manage davina, Ill 3 year old getting into bed with us and coughing all night has left me like walking dead! Not helped by other 3 year old (twins) being hyper and jealous of all attention poorly one is getting. Plus work piling the pressure on! Help peeps!!!! I need a lottery win, so I can jack in work, get a cleaner, some childcare support and a king size bed to fit us all in without having to sleep on about an inch of the bed! No wonder I'm fat!!!

BambieO Wed 06-Mar-13 08:30:09

Just reporting in, I have lost 4.8 lbs this week, very pleased as I have worked really hard.

Hope you are all doing well.

MrsBertMacklin Wed 06-Mar-13 10:22:19

Well done, BambieO, that is a fantastic result! How are you getting on with 30DS?

nothingbyhalves, if I have a day in zombie-mode, I don't want to be jumping around, so I try to do some gentle exercise; maybe some yoga in place of Davina? Something is better than nothing (plus you then don't feel guilty for not exercising and reach for the cake). I've got a yoga DVD which splits out the session into 10-minute routines, a Barbara Daly one I think. Let me know if you want details and I'll look it out.

Although I think I've done very well in the last week, eating <1400 calories a day and three 30DS sessions, I've had a bit of a setback... I thought my starting weight was 187 pounds, but having weighed myself last night, I actually weigh 202 pounds! I used my friend's scales to weight myself last week, which only show stone and pounds. I must have wrongly memorised it/confused myself converting it to pounds for FitnessPal.

I had a bit of a meltdown about this last night, but feel more rational about it this morning. I'm fairly sure I've lost some weight as my jeans feel lose, but no idea what my starting weight was. So I'll see if next week's weigh-in gives me some positive news.

BambieO Wed 06-Mar-13 10:41:32

mrsbert don't be disheartened! I did a sneaky weigh in yesterday and was 1lb up! Today 4.8 down. I googled as someone said it always happens with the shred and apparently it's where your muscles get small tears and your body holds and pumps them with water to help them repair (who knew!) so that's why you will sometimes see a gain before a loss. Theory proved right for me this morning smile

I have just done day 4, it's still a killer for me but I feel so much better after today and my recovery seemed a lot quicker. Yesterday I had to have a yoghurt after I thought I was going to pass out!

I'm also doing MFP feel free to add me I'm tinamcbeana god knows why and don't know how to change it, it won't let me!

Spamspamspam Wed 06-Mar-13 10:47:25

Mrs Bert - don't get too disheartened, firstly weighing in the evening can add an additional 4lbs - you have to take into account the food and drink you have consumed in a day - easily 4lbs. Secondly if you are doing the shred you can gain up to 4lbs in water retention for the first week or two - chances are you are 7-8lbs up on your 187 by just water and the fact you weighed in the evening.

Also I have two sets of scales my new ones are digital and my old ones are analogue - the new ones always weigh me 6lbs heavier than the old analogue ones. Interestingly my old scales weigh the same as my doctors (3 different sets I have tried!). So it could be just the change in the two sets of scales, or maybe you were wearing something different?

Weigh yourself in a week's time, at home, first thing, naked and then take it from there, I bet you it will be nowhere near the 202 you got last night.

MrsBertMacklin Wed 06-Mar-13 10:48:12

Just added you on MFP, BambieO.

BambieO Wed 06-Mar-13 10:56:16

Ah brilliant smile the more motivation I have the better smile we can spur each other on

I have lost absolutely no weight at all! But I did have a girls might out on Saturday which included a curry, so not too disheartened! Am going to gym tomorrow for first time in over a year, my weights arrived today and 30 d s should be here tomorrow!

BambieO Wed 06-Mar-13 18:50:16

The 30 d s is my new best friend worst enemy grin

Sounds silly but I see a difference already and I'm only on day 4

In gym kit! For first tone in s year, but feeling rubbish, sore throat, headache etc. but still going to gym. Figure walking through the door is better than nothing!

BambieO Thu 07-Mar-13 08:13:13

It definitely is smile hopefully once you get going you may even start to feel better

Managed 45 mins on bike and 15k, and some resistance work. Quite pleased with myself . Still no sign of 30 day shed tho. Please mr postman!!! Still feel rather rubbish tho. Sore throat Nd headache. Always the way, decide to get fit and catch a bug!

BambieO Fri 08-Mar-13 08:36:52

Well done smile that's great determination.

Maybe you should have a rest today if you are still feeling poorly? If you rest up today then you might feel much better tomorrow flowers

Bambino I am having rest today. Feeling quite rough and dh is away all weekend so have dt's to entertain. (Usually dh is fab on weekends giving me a break!) how are you doing?

Ps what is Mfp?

BambieO Fri 08-Mar-13 18:21:57

MFP is my fitness pal, it's an app on your phone where you can easily track weight loss/ calorie intake and have friends on to support each other. I really enjoy using mine smile it's so educational to me.

I am doing ok, did day 5 of the shred and it was a tiny bit easier today. I am sitting here now having had dinner and all I can think about is Peanut m and ms hmm I shall try and resist!

I do wonder though, I always seem to be under calories (the magic 1200) so would it be better to use calories on snacks or just stick with my healthier eating? Lots of people seem to say its better to eat sweets etc and use the 1200 calories than to be under- which makes no sense to me at all?! Any advice welcome!

I'm always under by around 80 calories or over by 80. I can't see it being a massive problem

MrsBertMacklin Sat 09-Mar-13 10:28:03

There are lots of references online, advising that eating <1200 calories a day lowers your metabolic rate, thus making it more difficult to lose weight (and to keep the weight off). From personal experience: when I did WeightWatchers with a friend, she ignored advice in the meetings, decreased to 1100 calories/day and ended up blowing the whole diet, as she got really irritable, culminating in her having a dizzy spell in the office one day.

MFP has me on 1330 calories a day and this week, I've been purposely reducing to 1250/day, as I'm going out for a meal tonight and need the extra calorie allowance. If you have a surplus of calories, how about saving them up this way, for a treat?

BambieO Sat 09-Mar-13 10:29:43

That's a great idea, I didn't know it could work that way. So as I am under by about 2000 calories (I know silly) does that mean I can have Chinese tonight? Please say yes grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now