I need work lunch ideas please!

(5 Posts)
BikeRunSki Thu 14-Feb-13 21:47:41

I'm doing SW and have also just gone back to work. I take -

cold slices of Spanish omlette (free on Green)
Tuna salad ( use HEB tuna and build it up with eggs and little potatoes)

Soup with Babybel lights (3 = HEA) and rice cakes

Wide mouth flask with veggie chilli and rice, pasta and veg sauce with Quorn meatballs, curry)

And a stash of fruit and Muller Kites.

beanandspud Thu 14-Feb-13 21:31:15

How about...

Flask of syn-free soup with crisp bread of HeB bread?

Huge tub of salad with tuna, hard boiled eggs, chicken, ham etc. Tubs of cottage cheese generally low-syn.

Pasta salad made the night before - lots of veg. Pasta and sauce in a wide-necked flask might also work.

I think someone on another thread recommended mug shots - some of the flavours are free/low syn I think.

I've never tried it but I've often wondered whether you could keep a jacket potato hot if wrapped in foil/insulated bag? Could take baked beans in a flask?

I take a massive bag of fruit with me to work along with a couple of Muller yogurts. Keep a packet of Alpen bars at work in case of munchies and some sachets of Options hot chocolate in case you need chocolate.

Take a couple if small apples to snack on/help fill you up.

Salad of leaves, grated carrot, tomato etc with prawns/chicken breast/turkey/lean ham.

TurkeyDino Thu 14-Feb-13 21:24:21

I often go with Cous Cous and salad. Mugshot in reserve for 3pm munchies.

FlatsInDagenham Thu 14-Feb-13 21:22:16

I'm going back to my full time job next week after a year on mat leave. Currently doing Slimming World (1st 10 lost so far) and I need ideas for packed lunch.

I don't have access to a microwave at work. Do have access to a kettle though.

I have a massive appetite and need to be properly filled at lunchtime otherwise I'm hunting down chocolate by 3.30.

I don't have much time to prepare my lunches at home - 2 very small DC.

So, quick easy filling portable slimming lunch ideas please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now