MOTIVATION through the power of non scales victories

(935 Posts)

All welcome smile losing weight and being healthy through the power of motivation (particularly on Mondays)

Steppe - I'm at the point where they don't make bras with any smaller backs so I might as well get the smallest! Also, my chest circumference doesn't have much more to give.
grinToday, DS has a place at his chosen Secondary school, 10 minutes' walk away. That's a relief, now once he's got the epilepsy diagnosis and starts on the right medication, all will be tickety-boo againsmile.
Should be a reasonably good day food-wise today, DH is off again, we're cleaning the house to get it ready for PILs visiting later, and hopefully going for another walk.

ooh bras, I desperately need to be measured - IMST/Hair is there anywhere in Manchester that will be open early/late that i could go to? I rarely get to go to the big shops grin

Bravissimo in the corn exchange, or Debenhams/John Lewis in the Trafford Centre.

steppemum Fri 01-Mar-13 12:30:20

SPB - have you been over to the bra thread - they will 'measure you' on there!!

Well done to your ds IMST, fab to have the school you want.

Trying to keep a straight face as PILs discuss "knitting hats for seamen"wink

reastie Fri 01-Mar-13 16:38:09

<sniggers at IMSTs PIL>

Better food choices today:
Breakfast:Muesli
Lunch: half portion of chicken and mushroom pie, potatoes and veg.
Dinner: toasted chicken and bacon sandwich (no mayo) and salad.
Also walked all round Dunham Massey (the winter garden looks greatsmile) and got lots of facial and core muscle exercise maintaining outer calm in the face of PILs' double entendres. The worst thing is, they don't know they're saying such hilarious stuff, and I may actually burst if I suppress laughter much longer. needs brain soap for filthy mind

reastie Sat 02-Mar-13 17:52:00

IMST glad food choice was better for you and grin at the facial and core muscle exercise. Glad DS got his school of choice place, must be a relief.

I'm feeling really motivated at the minute - so close to my pre preg clothes now!about 7lbs to go until I should properly fit into nearly all of them. 7lbs isn't that much is it?! I can't wait until I hit the 5 stone mark either. Will really feel like I've accomplished something then.

Was due to visit a friend with her new baby today but she has mastitis sad so took DD to a farm park instead which she loved. Even got some piccies of me and DD in the farm park. It's nice to be not too embarrassed and depressed to have pictures taken of me any more (even though I'm still at the high end of overweight).

SPB did you get any bras? Second bravissimo - been there before and had a good experience. I measured myself courtesy of the bra thread and I'm in the correct size bra [proud].

Reastie, 7lb isn't that much, focus and that'll be gone by Easter!
Mixed success today, fry up for breakfast (fried egg, 1 bacon, 1 sausage, 1 wholemeal toast and a raw tomato)
Small leek& potato soup with a buttered roll
Lots of walking round a country park, then stage crew again in the afternoon.
Dinner got a bit messed up. The restaurant we'd booked a table at had lost our booking, then the waitress told us it was at least 1 hour's wait for food, so we have up and I had a chocolate brownie and 1/4 of DH's meat feast pizza (dirty, bad foodblush).
We went home and I made miscellaneous leftovers for everyone, but I didn't eat any as still not hungry.
I am craving vegetables!
Tomorrow's more promising, I'm cooking fishcakes for lunch and we're going out for dinner (but I know what's on the menu already).

steppemum Sat 02-Mar-13 23:51:01

grin at knitting hats for seamen!

Sounds like they're on form as usual.

Oh yesgrin! I had my small victory, made cooked breakfast "to order" ie. different for MIL, but I did not warm the plates or make toast in the oven the way she demands likes.
Then she had her small revenge, made tea for everyone except me even though I filled up the kettleconfused.
They go home tomorrow (not soon enough!).

Oh my god! She really is the pits!! Roll on tomorrow.

steppemum Sun 03-Mar-13 18:01:49

I wearing the jeans!! I'm wearing the jeans!! (does little victory dance round the room)

Remember the size 18s hanging on the wardrobe door? Well yesterday I realised that my old jeans we so scrunched in on the belt that I should try the new ones. Last time I tried them I got them on but there was a big roll out over the top and I couldn't sit down.

Well this morning, they are a beautiful fit and ...... TOO BIG round the waist! because I have a huge bum and a moderate waist

Mum was here yesterday, told me what I nice top I had on and how much it suited me grin - she doesn't know am dieting.

MO-Ti-VA-TION !

steppemum Sun 03-Mar-13 18:03:56

(just like to point out good friend at church told me how good I was looking (she knows I'm am dieting) and dh? - hasn't noticed the jeans angry )

(we really need a 'moderately peed off emoticon instead of angry)

reastie Sun 03-Mar-13 18:15:48

steppe well done - that's fabulous news - a real boost to the motivational power of the thread. I bet you feel fab and look great in those jeans. Btw my DH hasn't once made a comment about me losing any weight except twice when I asked him flat out if he had noticed, and he said he had he just hadn't said anything ( angry ), so your DH might be useless like mine.

steppe that's brilliant. Well done!

I had to drop some pretty unsubtle hints before my dh voluntarily said anything. He complimented IMST way before he said anything to me.

Lol at your mil imst, glad they are going!
Steppe that's brilliant! Didn't I say they'd be too big before.long? You are all motivating me, bad 3 days but will be back on track tomorrow.
Thanks for tips re bra measuring, will glfigure out when bravissimo open and go whhen am in Manchester.

WooHoo Steppe, grooving in the new jeanssmilesmile.
Another laugh-hiding moment with MIL: out for dinner, DS put an enormous chip in his mouth, and MIL gave him a lecture about how it's polite to eat small mouthfuls so you are able to continue a conversation over dinner. All through this lecture she continued eating, and talking with food in her mouth. DS (fairly blunt at the best of times) piped up with "but to be fair, it's rude to talk with your mouth full!"
I hid mygrinbehind some garlic bread!
I love my DS, I'd never get away with that comment!

What dis she say?

She said "oh, er, well this is about taking smaller mouthfuls and being polite" then she changed the subjectblush.
Whatever her warped view of politeness is, at least I can be sure my DCs know not to talk with any food in their mouthsgrin, DS even theatrically chewed his enormous mouthful while MIL waited for a response, and he just let her wait! Good boysmile.

Morning everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend.
1lb off this morning so 10st 12 now. That's almost a safe 10. Yay! smile

How have you all got on?

Lol at your Ds imst!

Well done hair! Not doing well here, was meant to be back on it but ill dd, no shopping, lack of motivation means today is another write off. I'll get back to it.

Not weighed yet as we've been at hospital for DS's appointment. It went well, he needs an EEG but is otherwise fine, they got him to hyperventilate to bring on a seizure so it's pretty clear cut.
Will weigh later, I'm glad life is (basically) back to what passes for normal for now.
Well done Hair on getting a safe 10, you've got a good run up to Easter so I reckon you're definitely clear of 11ssmile.

Ooh so glad to hear that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now