MOTIVATION through the power of non scales victories

(935 Posts)

All welcome smile losing weight and being healthy through the power of motivation (particularly on Mondays)

steppemum Netherlands Mon 25-Feb-13 12:40:32

grin at 'no rustling'

Well done steppe on reaching the 1stone off mark. It's a great feeling!

grin from me for 'no rustling' too!

eightytwenty Mon 25-Feb-13 16:06:11

I'm fluctuating between a maintain and 1/2 lb gain. Damn you pork belly, sticky toffee and chocolate. Ok so last week wasn't that great, so nobody to blame but myself.

Tonight I'm doing one hour of track, followed by one of hour of spin. Quite dreading it but it will be good for me I am sure.

eightytwenty Tue 26-Feb-13 09:14:52

Well survived track and bike session last night - bit weird running round an athletics track - reminded me why I don't like running - nothing to see, having to count the laps! Didn't work too hard on the cycling as wasn't sure what I'd be able to get through. Next week will be harder.

How is everyone doing today?

Me and Hair went fabric shopping in town, I got woollen fabric to make my own dress. For once, a dress that actually fits me not "generic high street woman". That will be a treat, well worth the £6 on fabric!

How's everyone doing this fine day? Lots of sunshine to keep us happy, shame I have so much work to dosad.

DancingRoundTheKitchen Wed 27-Feb-13 09:39:34

Hi, I feel like I'm having a good week, I just hope the scales tell the same story when I weigh on Friday! Done plenty of exercise and stayed within 1200 cals a day.
We are out for a meal on Saturday so I know that is gong to be a challenge!
Hope everyone is having a good week!

steppemum Netherlands Wed 27-Feb-13 14:39:24

rubbish day yesterday. Someone came round before I had had lunch, and then stayed until school pick up. So I then sat and ate half the biscuit tin while the dcs had snack.

Today better, but grotty throat and going down with cold.

IMST your dress looks fab!!
Dancing sounds like you're doing well. Keep going!
Steppe sorry you don't feel well. I hope it passes quickly.

Good day here. It started rubbish as the two younger dcs both had one on them on the way to school. I wanted a biscuit but went in the garden instead and shifted about 1.5 tons of sand, soil, bricks, sticks and weeds to sort out my garden. The play house is now where it should be. It better have used some calories because the sweeping up gave me blisters!

Soup for dinner because I'm so tempted to eat rubbish because I feel I've earned it. Must stick with the soup.

Loving the sunshine. It gives me so much energy. I've even cleaned my kitchen. shock Long may it last!! smile

Thank you Hair, it turned out quite well for a first attempt with no pattern! I got lots of compliments on the photo I posted anywaygrin.
We had raisin-stuffed baked apple with pork and toasted almonds for dinner (yummysmile). Well done Hair on the gardening, you'll have burnt lots of calories.

steppemum Netherlands Wed 27-Feb-13 22:25:23

Where are you Hair? it is cold and cloudy here, really miserable, I am longing for some sun!

steppemum Netherlands Wed 27-Feb-13 22:27:58

IMST - where is your dress? I tried to look at your photos, but no dress there!

Manchester was sunny all day, I got washing dry on the line, dress pic is posted on FB (I may put it on my profile here tomorrow when I've got the big computer on as can't do it on iPod).

Manchester Steppe (honestly grin). It's been gorgeous and will be again all weekend. That hardly ever happens here so I'm planning to make the mist of it!

I did have my soup and not snack. I'm quite proud of my willpower today.

*most

Sadly Manchester will probably find a way to make mist of this lovely weatherhmm.

eightytwenty Wed 27-Feb-13 23:19:21

Intrigued by dress.

One bad day doesn't mean the end steppe. We'll be here tomorrow to remind you to tread a sensible path.

Dancing and hair well done.

Not been too bad today, and yesterday ended up going to bed before dinner with short lived d&v (actually just the d, while ds1 got the v), so didn't get to go swimming, but then again didn't eat dinner either.

steppemum Netherlands Wed 27-Feb-13 23:41:33

just watched the weather forecast and todays cloud slowly slid away leaving uk all sunny except our corner envy

Going to be the same here all weekend. Would love a bit of sun, even if cold. Very envious of a day digging in the garden. Even if sunny, I will be busy hosting dd1 birthday party.

Did pretty well today, feeling pleased

reastie Thu 28-Feb-13 07:09:26

Also intrigued by the dress here too IMST.

eighty hope you feel better from the d&v

Bonkey where did you go again???

Hair <bows down to your willpower> well done on all that work and soup

Been OK this week so far I think. Did a cheeky weigh in and just touching in the 12 stones (at 12 13 3/4). Pre preg weight was lower in the 12's so getting closer to my goal. Maybe I'm just getting used to feeling hungry hmm

Well done for getting into the next stone bracket reastie.

I think you can get used to feeling hungry. When I lived on my own with ds1 I ate very badly and not very much. The hungry feeling was almost a comfort to me. The opposite of comfort eating I suppose. I used to enjoy it.

Part of that has stuck with me. I don't mind being hungry. It's my sweet tooth that lets me down.

Well done everyone!
Lovely sunny day here too smile

eightytwenty Thu 28-Feb-13 12:00:27

Well done reastie.

Is it time for some spreadsheet updating? For those that want to? Imst, Tobermory and reastie your results are looking impressive!

Makes me realise we've not heard from quite a few regulars of late.

Anyone seen lollipop violet, or milkshake maker (wasn't this her thread to start with?), sleepy, lard bean and many others. Hope they're finding success elsewhere if not here. But if not, come back and join us!

Can't remember who is the excel whizz? I had a look but I can't see how you get dates to move over. Kato - was it you?

Feeling proud today with realisation that (blips aside) I have got back on it after Christmas. This is a first. It's also a first for me that while I was inspired to be thinner for my 40th in December, I didn't just think "oh I made my wedding weight" and stop thereafter. Think that commitment to exercise is having a tremendous difference to my mental state.

reastie Thu 28-Feb-13 12:36:09

kato is the excel wizard. I'm confused with the spreadsheets - I seem to be inputting on the old one (??) and had to add in a column for this week. I'm sure the link earlier was for an updated spreadsheet but was a different one - which one is the proper official one please?

eighty that's great re: change of attitude. this is a way of life really isn't it

Well done everyone.
I went into Manchester today and bought 3 new bras, 28Hshock my boobs are back under my chin where they should be, properly supported. DH was off work today so we went for a walk around the city and out for lunch.
Not a great day food-wise:
Breakfast: Muesli
Snack: A chocolate cookie
Lunch: Cottage pie and root veg
Dinner: Pork and red pepper sandwich.
Just hoping I did enough walking to balance it.
In-laws visiting tomorrow for the weekend. Will most likely catch up once they've gone.

steppemum Netherlands Thu 28-Feb-13 20:35:00

IMST - I saw you over on the bra thread. I am going to wait a bit and then try some new ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now