MOTIVATION through the power of non scales victories

(935 Posts)

All welcome smile losing weight and being healthy through the power of motivation (particularly on Mondays)

KatoPotato Mon 18-Feb-13 11:03:27

I use a lot of exclamation marks. I'm sorry(!)

Tobermory Mon 18-Feb-13 11:10:32

It would have been worse if it was the other way round and it was your DH squealing that he was getting them!! grin

Me too!

eightytwenty Mon 18-Feb-13 11:42:01

Chicken balls?!

1lb off yest, but 1/2 lb on today. Blooming scales! Will see what tomorrow has in store.

sad is that 1/2 lb on the original weight or hte 1lb off weight?

Well I've made it through a whole morning of no chocolate. I'm only shaking a little.

eightytwenty Mon 18-Feb-13 12:22:35

No. 1/2 on from original, so 1lb loss from yesterday has disappeared!

Feel the chocolate pain. I adore it. And hate the hold it has over me. Though with rules I am not as obsessed as I was. I used to think about having it all the time. It is a drug for sure.

Gah at that. It will all even out I'm sure.
Well I've had lunh and could still eat a huge dairy milk. Must not think about it...must not think about it
Can you guess what I'm thinking about? grin

steppemum Mon 18-Feb-13 14:09:48

I've been there with chocolate SPB. I do think that you sort of have to break the habit, and then you can lean to treat yourself again? I was a real chocoholic a few years ago and I found it the hardest habit to break, because it gives such an instant fix.

I am not so bad with chocolate anymore, it is cake and biscuits now, and anything tasty really (sigh)

steppemum Mon 18-Feb-13 14:14:10

can someone link to the spreadsheet for me please? I can't find it!

spreadsheet hope that worked.

steppemum Mon 18-Feb-13 22:24:21

Thanks IMST

I put on my jeans this morning and had to do the belt up another hole.
Another week and I will be able to properly wear those new jeans
hanging on my cupboard door!!
I have lost 5 lbs! So pleased. After 2 weeks of no loss. I thought it was 4, and when I went to put it on the spreadsheet I realised it was 5.

Only another (gulp) 4-5 stone to go.
Actually I would be very happy to be 2 stone lighter, but got to have a long term goal. Size 16 for the summer is my first Big Goal

eightytwenty Mon 18-Feb-13 23:09:44

Well done steppe. Was at the same point as you last Easter, so well done for sticking with it - and great result.

I have a belter of a NSV todaysmile
I got DS a small women's t shirt to wear for gang show, as I couldn't find a long sleeved black t-shirt in the boys section.
I washed all the show costumes, and thought "that top doesn't look that small.
Long story short, today I am wearing a size 6 topshock. It is a bit snug in the boob region, but fits everywhere elsegrin.
Can you tell I'm a bit pleased about that?
gringringringringrin

Well done steppe on the belt notch and the loss.
shock at size 6!
My nsv is that I managed the full day without chocolate!

reastie Tue 19-Feb-13 08:52:35

wow wow wow IMST that is an excellent NSV

steppe that's great, you'll get there. FWIW size 16 is my summer goal too, so we can do it together!

Weigh in belatedly this morning and just about a maintain, which is more than I expected given the scales issue last week. I also think I worked out why I've been so hungry this past week or so - I've been having a different muesli for breakfast than usual as my usual was out of stock so have been having the substitute the online delivery supplied which is more mashed up and processed than my natural one I usually have and I think it hasn't kept me full for nearly so long.

Chicken balls?!!!

I've been thinking about how much I eat vs thin people and realise I deserve to be the weight I am given how much I eat. I'm not sure if I'll ever get 'thin' but slimmer and healthier would be good.

reastie Tue 19-Feb-13 08:53:10

xposted (slow at writing) SPB that's good work on no chocolate!

KatoPotato Tue 19-Feb-13 10:25:48

Morning!

IMST I am beyond envy and delighted at size 6! - Just don't be ditching us for another group for fellow size 6ers!

Steppe what a result! It shows you what persevering and not giving up ,despite no losses leads to in the longer run eh?

SPB I also had no chocolate, but have replaced it with peanut butter instead.... <slaps forehead emoticon!> It's sort of a pre and post workout thing!

Reastie You know me, I never fail to amaze with my deep fried treats... Check out these grease-glistening bad boys!

eightytwenty Tue 19-Feb-13 10:51:12

Kato. That is a dirty habit.

Imst. Size 6!!! I swear you must have hidden your weight in your toes!

Still not feeling 100% so debating whether to run or not. But sun is shining, and I don't have many exercise windows this week so thinking I really should.

Ate fairly well yesterday till after dinner when succumbed to 2 borders dark chocolate biscuits. I swear they are the best biscuits in the world. I managed to avoid the packet I'd bought at Xmas and ended up giving them away. But in laws opened this pack & there were 3 left. At least I left 1! Actually just checked cals 83 per biscuit. So not great, but way more satisfying than 3 digestives or whatever!

I'm still a 10/12 trousers. My weight is all in my (26H/28GG) boobs and hips! I also suspect primark do vanity sizing, but still, last summer size 16 tops were as snug as this, and I am down 4st since then!

eightytwenty Tue 19-Feb-13 15:55:39

So I did my normal short run (3.6 km) and ran my fastest mile at 11.05 (though always sounds faster as 6.21/ km). If I push myself I should be able to start running miles within 10 m pace which for me would be fast.

11.05 minute mile & 11.2 stone.
A 10 minute mile & 10 stone or a 9 minute mile & 9 stone would be even better! No deadlines for either however.

Though not quite able to put timeframes to them.

<sneaks back in>

Wil catch up if you don't mind me coming back smile

Boooonkeeeeeeey! How are you doing?
Now we need oblomov, where are you losers?

steppemum Tue 19-Feb-13 22:00:49

thanks everyone. it is so encouraging to get your encouragement (to tired to make that make more sense grin )

SPB - no chocolate - brilliant

IMST - that is awesome 4 stone and size 6 fantastic

Tobermory Tue 19-Feb-13 22:01:19

IMST - size 6 top..... Holy crap! Bloody welll done.
And a size 16 last summer, wow, you have done amazingly well. You're my inspiration for today!

Ummm, its been a crappy few weeks tbh but I am ready to get back on with the healthy eating!

I will be back properly tomorrow! smile

KatoPotato Tue 19-Feb-13 22:21:44

Welcome back Bonkey, brillso to have you back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now