MOTIVATION through the power of non scales victories

(935 Posts)

All welcome smile losing weight and being healthy through the power of motivation (particularly on Mondays)

StealthOfficialCrispTester Thu 16-May-13 09:43:00

Sorry, quick post will catch up later
IMST/Hair/anyone else in Manchester area - are you available on the 3rd of July? Strted a thread for possible meet up (or "meeg up") as I called it and wanted to mention it on here but can't post on long threads on my phone.
Back later smile

July 3 is clear on my diary (at the moment). I'll keep my eye out for a "meeg up" thread thoughgrin.

Found it. Now I need to decide what to wear...

KatoPotato Fri 17-May-13 10:57:11

Good Morning! Finally back to 144 (.8)

I missed the gym a few nights this week so mad keen not to lose momentum now!

reastie The gym membership is totally up to you. I am rubbish at DVD's and just cant motivate myself enough to put one on, even though DH digitised them all and put them on the PS3 so they are one click away! It's much easier for me to haul myself down to the gym or to pre-booked classes.

I think I'm finally being accepted at mine, a terrifyingly fit young girl asked me where I got my trainers and one of the instructors gave me a seedy look!

Kato that's fab! Good on you.

IMST where's the end of the bloody story. I can't believe you've left me hanging. I know the name of your next book and I've noticed a continuance error. Other than that I am totally captivated and want to read it a second time. It is wonderful!!!!

Sorry to put it on here but I know you'll see it.

Sorry, I wrote 2000 words yesterday, thinking I was near the end, and got to the end of the school day without reaching it. I'll keep updating the Dropbox version as I go (they are close to the end now but I can't force it or it'll be clunky).
Sorry, I hoped it would end but it didn't want to yet.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Sat 18-May-13 07:49:39

reastie...not sure. Have you been this motivated before? You sound like you've got loads of good habits which maybe you haven't in the past which might see you through? If you stop, are you getting any sort of loyalty discount which might mean the price would go up?

I've been doing OK but last night it went to pot a bit, still I can't have had too many calories over what I planned smile Today is a definite off day and then hopefully back on tomorrow. Think I am now on exactly 11s which is OK but the weight seems to be coming off very slowly.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Sat 18-May-13 07:50:35

I think you told me about your book when we met IMST - what's the next step when you finish it?

I'm going to publish it as an e-book with Smashwords and Kindle. I was going to publish a few freebie books over the next few weeks to get everyone hooked first, then they'll be clamouring for the Strangelinggrin.
I have no useful input regarding gyms. I have never been to one, except as a children's party venue (I doubt that counts).

Reastie Mon 20-May-13 08:59:23

Morning,

Any losses this morning? I'm a maintain which is OK given I lost 2 lbs last week. So long as it's not a gain!

IMST gym as a party venue I'm imagining toddlers on the treadmill/weight lifting grin . I don't have an ebook reader, does that mean I can't read your book? sad

Re: gym, I'm still not sure, but I did [proud] go for a jog this week end. Half jog half walk but I did more jogging than I expected for my first in 4 or 5 years. I always get stitch though - I've always had this problem. Might post on mn about it as it drives me crazy.

kato glad you're finally being accepted by the gym. I never have been by the regulars in my pre preg and current membership. It's very cliquey.

KatoPotato Mon 20-May-13 10:15:46

Morning guys,

IMST keep us posted about book releases, I'm very keen to read them! My pilates class is in the 'party room' at the gym, so often trying to tackle a shoulder stand amongst the cake crumbs and holding the one hundred whilst a badly rendered copyright free shrek grins down at me!

reastie I've still to try going out for a run again, now that I know its actually a jog rather than a sprint for your life!

Back to 9st 0 today, not bad as I'm generally maintaining and it's TOTM.
Reastie, if the book does well in e-formats, I should be able to justify a print run (either way I want to print myself a hard copy for posterity). I'll keep you all posted about the book (Hair, I'm planning to get the ending written by Wednesday).
I'm tired today, spent the weekend doing odd jobs at the scout hut, and walking round Dunham Massey. I don't have much energy today. Hopefully you lot are more motivated than me!

KatoPotato Mon 20-May-13 11:42:44

Imst My Dh uses Lulu to self publish, but the postage charges are fierce!

Filibear Mon 20-May-13 18:51:50

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Filibear Tue 21-May-13 09:45:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

KatoPotato Tue 21-May-13 09:59:28

Well done Filibear! You got this! I've maintained again at 144. Trainer at the gym wants me to up protein and reduce carbs... not sure how I feel about this but I am a bit of a carb junkie...

BodyPump last night, first time back in 4 weeks so back to medium weights, but pleased with myself for managing about 6 full body push ups then dropped back to 'girl' ones!

Filibear Tue 21-May-13 10:55:09

KatoPotato Tue 21-May-13 11:12:06

Fili Crush away!! honestly I used to be the laziest mare ever! Living on fags, greggs, Irn Bru and cheese Doritos! I used to moan and complain if DH wanted to walk to his Grans (less than a mile!)

I'm still no runner/jogger though! I find it so dreadfully boring! I'm so badly co-ordinated I'm not great at changing my pace on the treadmill either! I press the buttons either too hard or not enough and then have terrible difficulty adjusting my speed...

eightytwenty Tue 21-May-13 16:38:14

Well done on book imst.

Kato remember you're supposed to be able to talk - just (unless practicing sprints).

Have been well and truly off since the triathlon. 2 nights in a lovely hotel with work and 2 nights in a muddy field with cub camp. Not done muh exercise since either. Back to it this week.

Sun shining at last so should be inspired by salads and fruit.

eightytwenty Tue 21-May-13 16:41:21

And well done fili. You'll be getting close to a dress size down.

Kato - often wonder about protein vs carbs. Think you get more bang for your buck with the former. But love latter. Smaller portions rather than giving up?

Reastie Wed 22-May-13 20:44:19

eighty you deserve a break after a triathlon, mucho respecto.

Fili that's amazing

Well, have just invested in heavier weights as my current weights were getting a bit easy with some exercises. Now got 4 and 5 kg dumbells. I can barely lift the 5kg ones though!

kato I'm not sure re: carbs vs protein. I think the healthy thing is to eat carbs and protein together at each meal. Protein fills you up well and has the secondary function of providing energy, but too much energy from protein can leave you lethargic (and constipated). Plus, often combinations of carbs and protein together you need to get all of the essential amino acids in your body (like milk and breakfast cereal/beans on toast - they're combinations we often make that actually have the great nutritional plus of supplying us with the EAAs). Well, that's what I learnt at uni anyway grin . My gym lady says to eat most of my daily food in the morning/lunch as we need the energy to work off during the day. You can see her point - no point in a big evening meal when you're just going to go to bed and have it sit there digesting, better to have a main meal at lunch so you can use up some of the energy in the day. I've stuck to this and so far so good.

KatoPotato Wed 22-May-13 21:19:13

Thanks reastie that makes a lot of sense. At what point in the day should I eat my French fancy?

<waves>

I'm back (again!)!

Loads has gone one, I'm 9.5lbs down, and have set my interim target of 11st 5 at SW - just as a bit of motivation.

Also going to Alton Towers with my mates from my Prince's Trust course, that I've just finished, on June 10th, so would like to feel comfortable enough in myself to not stress about photos, and enjoy the daft on-ride ones smile

Filibear Sat 25-May-13 15:37:37

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now