MOTIVATION through the power of non scales victories

(935 Posts)

All welcome smile losing weight and being healthy through the power of motivation (particularly on Mondays)

grin Oops. Sorry.

reastie Sat 27-Apr-13 07:01:51

Hello bonkey I was only thinking of you a few days ago and nearly wrote on here where are you grin . Grim you're STILL coping with on off bugs though - that's been since pre christmas hasn't it?

fili emjoy the Indian tonight.

Kato glad DS is settling down a bit better. Oh btw meant to ask - when you put on weight and put it down to muscle tone, how long before you started losing again? My scales are firmly on 2 lbs heavier still <sigh>

Boring week end planned here with more chores - got to mark loads of GCSE coursework.

Just a thought Reastie, are you weighing on Wii Fit? It only has two settings for clothes weight, if you just changed to "light clothing" but are wearing weather-appropriate clothes it will weigh you 2lb heavier.
MFP says I need 1730 calories net a day to maintain. This is going to take some adjustment to do properly as I've been sub-1200 for ages, and do not want to make up the extra with empty "cake calories". I may need to up the snacks while I readjust meal portions again.

KatoPotato Sat 27-Apr-13 09:22:29

reastie it took well over three weeks I'm sure because I was so close to demented by it! Finally losing again and I've not changed anything but my arms and shoulders have tone and defined muscle shape,

reastie Sat 27-Apr-13 10:12:58

IMST I'm weighing on hom home scales with just my nightie on, same time every day (post morning wee!)

kato weighed in this morning and lost 2 lbs shock <cheers> . No idea what's going on now.

Oh, meant to say, slim DH told me his weight is 'just dropping off' - he's lost 6lbs in 2 weeks just because he's stopped snacking on junk all evening every evening angry (he's put on a bit of weight since christmas) - how does he manage so easily?! angry

reastie it's great that it's disappeared. I knew it would. smile

Can I just say that I think you should be a little kinder to yourself. You have a few health issues that impact on what you can eat and how you feel. If you look at the spreadsheet or look back at your posts you'll see how well you are doing. Don't get disheartened by how easy it seems for your dh. We are all different and all do things at our own pace. Look how slow my loss has been. You really are doing wonderfully well and you should be damn proud of yourself.

<Steps off soapbox>

IMST as long as the snacks are moderate and healthy those extra calories should be fine. It just may take a couple of weeks adjustment to find the right maintainance level for you.

reastie Sat 27-Apr-13 10:55:27

<bows head in blush > thank you hair you are such a lovely person thanks . I could never have got this far without this thread.

Filibear Sun 28-Apr-13 09:38:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

reastie Sun 28-Apr-13 11:22:29

You could do it one day early tomorrow fili (can you tell I'm impatient too??).

Just finished 80 minute circuit class <faints>

KatoPotato Sun 28-Apr-13 11:25:54

80?! Sweet lord!

Filibear Sun 28-Apr-13 13:16:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

How's Monday treating everyone?
I maintained todaysmile, but I have a grotty coldsad.
I cheered myself up by looking through my craft books and choosing puppets to make in the school holidays.
We watched the marathon runners yesterday, then went for a couple of hours' walk along the riverbank. Today DS has gone on a school trip, so we're having dairy for dinner (he's allergic). Ciabatta with ham, grilled cheese, purple broccoli and roasted vegetables should do itsmile.

eightytwenty Mon 29-Apr-13 16:46:24

Hello all.

Imst - love that you have a school hols craft project. My only goals are around avoiding bankruptcy and not killing the children (or them each other).

Hope nobody else pigged out like I did at the weekend. Not sure what that was about. But back on it again today and 2 NSV's with compliments from colleagues.

Dh and I are flying to Dubai on Thursday for a friends wedding - 3 nights incl an overnight flight - kids free. Kind of wish it was time just for us but will be lovely to get some time to swim, read and not to do domestic chores. Will try to pick healthy options as I go!

The school hols craft is for my businessgrin. I tell stories at a local cafe, and to keep the older DCs interested in school hols I run puppet-making workshops. I'm just being prepared so I can relax more when the time comes (she's asked me to run several workshops a week, I'll need all my ingenuity).
I haven't pigged out this weekend, but it has been nice having extra space in the calorie allowance now I'm maintaininggrin.

Filibear Mon 29-Apr-13 19:02:21

Filibear Mon 29-Apr-13 19:03:13

Hello everyone.

reastie I bet you ache today. Does it feel good though?

I've been shopping today in Manchester for ds1's b'day present. He came with me and it was good to spend some relaxed time with him. I was really good and waited until I got home for lunch. He had a Burger King and I didn't even get fries.

I have to make his cake tomorrow. I'm doing it in the shape of a Nike trainer (he has 24!!! Pairs of trainers. shock). I will not lick the bowl, oh no. It's a surprise for him as he's 17 on Wednesday. I am not old enough to have a 17 year old! <denial>

reastie Tue 30-Apr-13 06:33:55

fili what was the weigh in?

IMST did you feel tempted to want to train for the marathon watching all those runners? I watch it on tv every year and think 'maybe one day....' !

Hair do you know what I don't ache that much! Maybe I wasn't working hard enough hmm but it did feel like hard work at the time. It's the thrusts that I find a killer confused . Post photo of trainers cake - love that idea grin . It's scary re: time running away and being all grown up and responsible as sometimes I don't even feel like I'm a 'grown up' blush - how did I get to be a Mum and have a mortgage?!

Filibear Tue 30-Apr-13 06:48:03

reastie Tue 30-Apr-13 07:26:49

woweeee, well done fili . That was worth waiting the week for wasn't it?!

Well done Filismile
Reastie, I am sooooo not a runner (teeny short legs, big boobs) and had no desire to join the runners at all!
Hair, I never feel like a grown up, despite having a mortgage and responsibilities! Hope DS has a great birthday.

Filibear Tue 30-Apr-13 09:18:46

Well done Filibear. That's fantastic!! grin

eightytwenty Tue 30-Apr-13 12:36:14

Imst - since we're the same height, and I'm still nearly 2 stone heavier than you - I am living proof that anyone can run if they want to. Just don't expect usain bolt speeds.

Fili - wow - you deserve to feel lighter after that. Another good week or two and you'll be 1/2 stone down!

Hair - 17! Bet it feels like yesterday you had a newborn

Scales saying 10. 12 1/2 today. But will weekend of gluttony come back to bite me?!

Filibear Tue 30-Apr-13 13:35:04

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now