MOTIVATION through the power of non scales victories

(935 Posts)

All welcome smile losing weight and being healthy through the power of motivation (particularly on Mondays)

reastie Wed 24-Apr-13 18:00:15

Thanks for your nice comments on my gain. I'm refusing to log it on the ss though! Kato glad I'm not the only one to have this happen.

Saw my therapist today (yes blush I have a therapist) and haven't seen her for about 6 or 7 weeks and she genuinely seemed to think I'd lost alot of weight in the past few weeks grin . I haven't scales wise but maybe being in my old clothes hang better or fit better or something

kato how was DS at nursery?

fillibear well done on the pear. You can do this you're right, and I agree with eighty , once you start seeing results it really spurs you on to try harder and gives you such an incentive.

Hair well done on the job at last wink

eighty well done on plank compliment envy

Haven't exercised since Sunday sad haven't had the chance as been too hectic. Must try harder tomorrow.

Filibear Wed 24-Apr-13 18:57:17

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Wow! I leave the thread for the afternoon to get some work done and come back to all these postsgrin.
8020, the book is a young adult fiction (will be an e-book), Grimm fairytale type of story. Several short stories with threads throughout. Currently at 19k words, will probably end up at around 21-22k.
You are all doing so much great exercise, I need to get moving or I'll be in your dustgrin.

Filibear Thu 25-Apr-13 06:52:12

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Thu 25-Apr-13 09:38:44

Morning everyone, nice to hear all this motivation smile

How are you getting on Stealth? Has it all gone out the window with the crisps or have you had iron will power?

Filibear could you make up your own graze box type of thing? That way you have always got something healthy to hand.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Thu 25-Apr-13 10:23:50

I'm doing ok thanks for asking smile as of this.morning was dead on 11st which given my recent big wobble is ok. I think the diet will be off tomorrow and Saturday though as it's ds's party and we have friends over smile

eightytwenty Thu 25-Apr-13 10:36:34

I've fallen out with my scales.

Since monday I have done my running/ spin 1.5 hour combo, 1 hour hard swimming, 1 hour spin and 30 mins circuits. And I have eaten healthily. And today my scales were back to 11.0 and 1/2

For no reason.

Today I'm on a train and having to resist first class free snacks.

Fili - I noticed that sainsburys have started selling graze style mini pots of snake.

Spb - enjoy the weekend.

eightytwenty Thu 25-Apr-13 10:37:00

And imst - book sounds fab. You'll need to send us a link once done.

Have a great weekend with your ds. Hope you all have a good time.

eighty you must resist! Your scales will catch you up. I think we've all had weeks where we've eaten well and done loads of exercise only for the scales to show a different story. It will show next week. I promise as long as you resist those snacks. smile

StealthOfficialCrispTester Thu 25-Apr-13 10:56:43

Snake?!

grin I was going to let that typo go. grin Mmm snake!

StealthOfficialCrispTester Thu 25-Apr-13 12:11:10

But I actually have no idea what it was supposed to say! Bet snake is high protein and low fat
and slimey

I thought snacks. I agree that snake would be fantastic diet food!

reastie Thu 25-Apr-13 12:43:05

grin to snake

eighty I had a bit of a similar issue this past week, I'm choosing to tell myself it's muscle hmm

Right, finally managed to do 45 mins of arm weights this morning at last

stealth good to see you back and glad damage was limited

KatoPotato Fri 26-Apr-13 08:58:51

Well I read that as snake bite and went on a binge... Haha!

I'm on 145 this morning - this stress and lack of appetite have been worth it then!

BonkeyMollocks Fri 26-Apr-13 12:29:09

Umm hello - popping in to say hi!

How are you all? smile

Kato how is your ds getting on this week? Glad the stress has a silver lining. smile

Bonkey nice to see you. I was wondering how you are getting on?

KatoPotato Fri 26-Apr-13 15:16:53

Bonkey! get back in here!

DS has been progressively better, thanks to a better calmer drop-off. I was given a flyer about a visit to a farm in a fortnight's time which I'll be able to go along to with him so that's exciting.

Just had to host another visitor at the hospital so that involved a three-course lunch at our restaurant and I feel like I could literally burst out of my new (vero moda M) dress!

Gym tonight should set that straight I hope!

BonkeyMollocks Fri 26-Apr-13 17:24:19

I haven't been on MN much in the last few months. I did search for you a while back but couldn't find. <resolves to be a better Mnetter> grin

Ok here - still dealing with on and off bugs and sickness - doing my nut!!

I will attempt somehow to catch up with this thread grin

Filibear Fri 26-Apr-13 19:11:55

It doesn't have to be off limits. Smaller portions and/ or compensating for a few days. You won't stick with this if you deny yourself everything.

Also try a tomato based curry rather than a creamy one. You could have fish/ king prawns instead.

Bonkey sorry to hear you're still fighting the bugs. I hope the better weather sees it off soon.

Filibear Fri 26-Apr-13 19:32:08

Sounds fair enough. Just found this for you. It may help.

Filibear Fri 26-Apr-13 20:06:51

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now